Game 5 GDT: Flyers @ Devils

RSC

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So true RSC. I honestly aftert this series do not think they have anybody on this team that fits that "leader" role! Zach is close, but his series was nothing special, and he has been part of the losing here too the last few seasons. Not to mention his coming out a few weeks ago and crying about the fans booing them on the Power play. After their performance this series hes lucky they werent throwing things at them !!!!

No they need some fresh blood and some fresh leadership blood!!

The player who showed the most heart in this series was Zubrus. I'm not advocating giving him the C or anything, but he's the only Devil to come out of this series with any shred of dignity...maybe Greene as well.

+1. it's obvious there's a troll around here with a hard-on for parise.

the first and only change i really want to see is Lemaire gone. After that... go back to the winning strategy we're used to. strong defense that can move the puck.

STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO DOBA AND HIS BUDDY (OR OTHER SELF) RLOOGAN.

INFILTRATED

READ EVERY POST DOBA HAS MADE

It is just a couple days after 4/20, so I may be jumped for saying this but...

Ford captain, I'd pick Andy Greene, Zach, and Kovalchuk (if he stays) would be my three Alternates. Play with that for half a year or more and see who earns it.

I was not a fan of Mr. Greene's, but he showed a lot this year in Martin's absence, and beyond. Paul Martin is too quiet and soft spoken to be a Captain.

Andy might make a good "A" not a "C". It's just too hard to tell who's a locker room guy, and who respects whom.

Edited by Motor City Devil

Three stars of the Series

1. Flyers PK

2. GIROUX

3. Boucher

Three stars for the Devils

1. Zubrus

2. ...

3. ...

I think Marty deserves some credit too. He, at least, kept the games close in game 1 and 3. Kovy should be the 3rd star as he is the best forward along with Zubrus.

your grammar is sh!t.

Routine....Please if Marty made those same saves you would be on your knee's blow'n him.... Marty was out played this series... he has lose 9 of the last 11 playoff games. He need to retire.

Edited by Aznjsn

The player who showed the most heart in this series was Zubrus. I'm not advocating giving him the C or anything, but he's the only Devil to come out of this series with any shred of dignity...maybe Greene as well.

Again Bingo RSC. I love the way Zubie played, and what irks me is the way he was used coming down the stretch before the playoffs, moving him all over, third line some games, with Zach and Zajac some, with Patty and Kovie, how could this guy get into any kind of rythmn?? I mean he is the only guy that seems to use his body ,and could really be a force if he did it more consistently. He isnt going to score 40 goals, but he is a very solid player. greene did play well also. Martin did not in my opinion.

Through 4 games, he was involved in 6 of the 9 Devils goals...gimme a break man, without him this series would have been alot more lopsided

His two goals were an EN and a 5-on-3 PPG. He was also held without a shot in Game 3 and didn't cash in on nearly enough of his opportunities when he actually got them...and against Brian Boucher no less. If Roger Dorn does what he usually does (miss the net) Kovy would also have two less assists.

The numbers show that he put up six points in five playoff games, but my problem with Kovy was that his numbers as a Devil looked a lot better on the stat sheet than he did on the ice. I thought he was worth taking a chance on, but I think Lou should let him walk...he'll never live up to whatever deal he gets, and though he possesses some great physical skills, from the head up he's a trainwreck...his decision-making is poor.

LOL my rear end off. I heard enough, watching NHL network and trhey are showing Lemaires press conference. LOU WHY IS HE EVEN DOING THIS??? He is sitting there saying I dont know?? I dont know?? We had things we told them to do on the Power play, we did it once. I looked at a player and said why arent we doing it?? And no answer?? Really?? So they were shutting you out??????

He should bve saying right now, i am packing my bags and on the next flight out of NJ

Nopw he is talking about Langs thats it JL awesome defend Langs, he had a great series!!

His two goals were an EN and a 5-on-3 PPG. He was also held without a shot in Game 3 and didn't cash in on nearly enough of his opportunities when he actually got them...and against Brian Boucher no less. If Roger Dorn does what he usually does (miss the net) Kovy would also have two less assists.

The numbers show that he put up six points in five playoff games, but my problem with Kovy was that his numbers as a Devil looked a lot better on the stat sheet than he did on the ice. I thought he was worth taking a chance on, but I think Lou should let him walk...he'll never live up to whatever deal he gets, and though he possesses some great physical skills, from the head up he's a trainwreck...his decision-making is poor.

He did not have much time to get acclimated to a new team/teammates/system. If he comes back, a full training camp would be beneficial to him. I hope he does come back, because he would only get better with this team. His contract will be large, but I think he would take a slight paycut to stay here...time will tell.

LOL my rear end off. I heard enough, watching NHL network and trhey are showing Lemaires press conference. LOU WHY IS HE EVEN DOING THIS??? He is sitting there saying I dont know?? I dont know?? We had things we told them to do on the Power play, we did it once. I looked at a player and said why arent we doing it?? And no answer?? Really?? So they were shutting you out??????

He should bve saying right now, i am packing my bags and on the next flight out of NJ

Nopw he is talking about Langs thats it JL awesome defend Langs, he had a great series!!

Well, you've to give somebody a chance to say his final words before he dies.

Edited by Devil Fan

This years exit is a lot more "alarming/sickening" rather then lasts years "upsetting/dissapointed" feeling.

Hopefully this is a major moment for the franchise to clean house and start rebuilding for the future. And please dont say, "the devils dont rebuild". They better start because its obvious this group of players are not the ones that are going to get the Devs our 4th cup.

One of our bigger off-seasons for the franchise.

Well, you've to give somebody a chance to say his final words before he dies.

True my bad, they even give death row inmates a last word lol

But he sounded clueless in that press conference. Kept saying things like we didnt see the best of this team we didnt get what we were asking of them. Classic classic example of a team that didnt want to play fo rhim.

Stan asking Kovie about Lemaire, and to Kovies credit, he praised him up and down. Saying JL taught him so much in the short time he was there. Wow talk about a good soldier.

True my bad, they even give death row inmates a last word lol

But he sounded clueless in that press conference. Kept saying things like we didnt see the best of this team we didnt get what we were asking of them. Classic classic example of a team that didnt want to play fo rhim.

Stan asking Kovie about Lemaire, and to Kovies credit, he praised him up and down. Saying JL taught him so much in the short time he was there. Wow talk about a good soldier.

Heard this speech a lot this year, they all gave it

Kovy,Zubby,Marty,and Zach showed the most will to win.I dont care really if Kovy tried stick handling past a couple of defender the rest of the blew likee a**.This blame game of Kovy is crazy he tried making plays and getting goals along with the other players i mentioned,where the hell was our fearless worthless piece of trash captain?Lou word to the wise us winning in the 90's with players making 2 million and below players is done time to get more scores and get rid of these bums