Time for Marty to hang them up

USAkid90

I don't know why I even respond to these ridiculous threads but they just really get under my skin. What is wrong with some of you?

Marty is not the same goalie anymore you cry. News Flash! He is 38 fcvking years old in May. He shouldn't be expected to be the same goalie that he was ten years ago. With that being said, who was that who got nominated for the Vezina this year?

This team FAILED TO SCORE AN EVEN STRENGTH GOAL IN 3 STRAIGHT PLAYOFF GAMES!!!!!!!!!! Is that registering for any of you? Every damn year this TEAM fails to produce, you see these ridiculous threads on how it's the goalie's fault. They cant score any fvcking goals! They played with little to no urgency. What the hell is the goalie supposed to do when he gets ZERO support. I don't care who your goalieis, if the team doesn't score, you're not going to beat anyone. And last time I checked, trouble with scoring has been an issue for this team more often then not.

Retire????? The guy is going to be 38 years old and won 45 games this year.

I could see "retirement" as an option if the Devils missed the playoffs, he won 22 of 72 games...for the second straight season.

You dont want this team without Marty right now.

I can respect the "trade Marty" threads. I don't agree with them, but at least they acknowledge that Brodeur is worth something good in a potential trade.

Retire Marty? That's just a poster not thinking about what he's saying.

Retire????? The guy is going to be 38 years old and won 45 games this year.

I could see "retirement" as an option if the Devils missed the playoffs, he won 22 of 72 games...for the second straight season.

You dont want this team without Marty right now.

I do not think that it was Marty's fault for losing this series, I think he was one of our better players. But we all have to realize he is in the twilight of his career, and he deserves better than backstopping this group of overachievers. He used to have a defensive corps in front of him that kept quality scoring chances away from him, so he would only have to make stops on the truely glorious scoring chances. Now, he has to stop every single shot that comes his way, and that is tough for any goalie. Look at what the Flyers did and Chico even pointed it out. Every time the Devils got it in the Flyers zone, they would collapse around Boucher and prevent most shots from even reaching him. This is what the devils should be doing but they did not.

Seriously this is getting annoying..every year it's the same fu****** script.

Marty should really retire..honestly he isn't the goaltender he once was.

As for the coach..well I don't really know..how many times are we gonna replace the guy behind the bench??

sigh..

Ha.......Good one! :closedeyes::glare::closedeyes:

As for the coach..well I don't really know..how many times are we gonna replace the guy behind the bench??

sigh..

He will finish the 2 years in his contract, and after he wil be a great goalie coach for us.

be serious dude.

sigh..

:troll1::doh1:

While Marty was not the reason for us to lose the series, he did not exactly steal any games for us. Sorry to say it has been a few years since he has stolen a game in the playoffs. He is still the best goalie ever, just no longer the best goalie now.

He tried to steal game 3. The team wasn't in the mood. He was playing his heart out in Game 4 until Philly (and the defense) finally got the best of him.

If those aren't good enough, there's still a warrant out for him for stealing Game 5 last season. How soon some people forget the 40-something save 1-0 shutout.

While Marty was not the reason for us to lose the series, he did not exactly steal any games for us. Sorry to say it has been a few years since he has stolen a game in the playoffs. He is still the best goalie ever, just no longer the best goalie now.

He did steal Game 5 against Carolina last year, but whatever. He's good enough to go to war in the playoffs. You don't have to be the best goalie to win a championship.