Lines

msweet

Elias-Newy-Langenbruner

Brylin-Gomer-Friesen

Pando-Madden-Gionta

Turner-Danton/Guolla-Jimbo/Berglund

We've got too many 3rd and 4th line wingers.

Comments...

Langenbruner is not a 1st line player. SOmehow I think Gionta is gonna end up there. Maybe Brylin?

Friesen better be a finisher, or I'm not sure what his place is here (That's a lot of pressure on him)

We've got 2.5 checking lines.... Yikes.

Maybe Nieds and T-vo can play wing? :saddevil:

Can we trade Berglund, Guolla, Bicek, and some picks for Owen Nolan? :evil:

It's Friday, so let's fantisize.

Elias-Newy-Nolan

Brylin-Gomer-Friesen

Pando-Madden-Gionta

Turner-Danton-Jimbo

"Turner-Danton-Jimbo"... that line is going to make some people very unhappy...people on other teams that is.

Elias-Newy-Langenbruner

Brylin-Gomer-Friesen

Pando-Madden-Gionta

Turner-Danton/Guolla-Jimbo/Berglund

I am ok with the first line, only because of the roles each player will take. Langs in the corners and in front of the net...supporting Newy and Patty. Langs, by himself, is not a first line player.

I worry about the 2nd line.....a little too small and not enough finish.

3rd line....ok for a 3rd line

4th line - who knows if Burns will even roll 4 lines. This line can produce havoc...so I am for it.

I can't see little G on the first line.

Drury is also 5-10, so he would've solved our size problem too.

Devs need size before they get a scorer.

Chort, I like your lines, except Friesen's on his off-wing... I think Brylin's going to have to be bumped down to some makeshift third line.. like what about, Brylin-Madden-Stevenson, moving Gionta up to play with Gomez.. then Pandolfo-Danton-Berglund as a physical line..

I see this working out. And id like to see it happen.

Elias/Newy/Langenbrunner

Friesen/Gomez/Brylin(he can play of the off wing)

Berglund/Madden/Gionta(Pando isnt a 3rd liner no matter what)

Pando/(Danton/Guolla)/Stevenson(Big Jim takes Pando's spots in games where we need size ie the Rangers)

They don't have to rely on just calls. They also get strength from speed.

My opinion on lines hasn't changed.

I'm a bit upset that we can't get Berglund up higher than the fourth line, when Brylin returns. Christian needs some time and space so we can see if he develops into the kind of player I think he can be. Maybe it's just not this year.

I'll agree once again on Langenbrunner. Save Brylin there IS no one else who is a first-liner. So if Sarge doesn't play up there, Langenbrunner is a good choice. He plays well with Nieuwy; he plays hard for Patty and that's not a line I'll worry about.

Second line will depend entirely on their speed and ability to feed each off each other, whether it's Gionta (Devs Web site says his nickname is Gee ;) ) or Brylin.

I am sooooo ready to finally see these lines in action.

:joker:

I like the lines, I don't think Little G should be on the 1st line YET, but maybe sometime down the road this season if Langs isn't doing what he is supposed. I really liked him with Gomez and Freezer but if Brylin is producing more there then I'm all for it, whatever is better for the team.

I like the lines, I don't think Little G should be on the 1st line YET, but maybe sometime down the road this season if Langs isn't doing what he is supposed. I really liked him with Gomez and Freezer but if Brylin is producing more there then I'm all for it, whatever is better for the team.

i completely agree.

i loved lil g with gomez, but if it's better for the team like this, that's what's best.

lil g would say THE SAME THING.

he friggin' rules. :D

The Devs really need to get scoring out of the top two lines if Burns sticks with his current lines.

Elias-Nieuwy-Langenbrunner: Nieuwy and Langer have good chemistry, even if J.L. isn't a "top-line" line talent.

Friesen-Gomez-Brylin: This is really the most important line for the Devs. Two guys coming off bad years, and a 3rd who is coming off knee surgery.

Pandolfo-Madden-Gionta: Good checking & speed line. Just don't expect much scoring.

McKenzie-Danton-Stevenson: Our only line with a physical presence. If teams start to push around the other 3 lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see Turner and Jimbo moved to other lines to provide protection.

Im totally Anti Nieuwendyk, I might as well say I dont hate the guy, be hes no Devil...

I still think that a #1 center would be the highest priority for this team. We need one bad, and I said Lecavalier last time, since Allison and Thornton arent moving anywhere.

Kinda ambivalent about trading Niedermayer, I dont want him to go, but I dont want any of the other guys to go either. Zyuzin needs play, which means that Tvo, Raf, or Nieds has to sit. Burns already said that two puck moving defense = no good.

Trade Rafalski? Niedermayer would just be too much of a shock to the team, since they think of him as Old Faithful Devil....

Trade Stevens.. yeah... but no one would take him.

Newy is as much as a 1st line center as we have. There are only 2 knocks on the guy, and neither are his fault. Hes older, and hes not a physical player. He can still put at around 60 points, and should in a 1st line role with out any problems.

Unfortunately we are in a situation where we would have to deal from out defense to get offense, and i dont know how willing Lou is to do that right now. We may be in a wait and see what some of the younger kids can do in the next few years before anythign else huge happens. Almost a quasi rebuilding mode.

The last time he played on a 1st line was in Calgary.

The last time he was with an elite winger was with Fleury in Calgary.

Got any more intelligent comments to throw in, KD?

I was replying to this quote ....

Hes older, and hes not a physical player. He can still put at around 60 points, and should in a 1st line role with out any problems.

And here's to you, "Tri"...

And yet on the Devils, Newy is a first liner, and Langenbrunner is a first liner.

Langenbrunner is a first liner because he meshes well with Neuwy. Langy is a Arnott type player, now I'm not saying he IS Arnott but he can be compare to Arnie but how he is the physical part of the line, the type of guy who can go into the corners with force and dish the puck out to Elias and Neuwy. He doesn't have the same offensive power like Arnie but can still score goals, there is no doubt about that.

That's right, Nieuwendyk is a first liner on the Devils. Just as he would've been on 20 other teams in the league during that time.

Ron Francis was a 2nd line center for years in Pittsburgh, behind Lemieux. He went to Carolina, became their 1st line center, and Carolina went to the Finals last year.

Nieuwendyk will get at least 60 points pro-rated over 82 games.. book it.