Devils Cup Clinchers on NHL Network

RowdyFan42

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got around to watching the '95 game tonight (DVR). I hadn't watched the entire game straight through in years. There was so much I had forgotten -- such as the way Lemieux was mobbed by the team when it was announced he won the Conn Smythe. Also, the picture is so much clearer on my big widescreen LCD, which I didn't have the last time I watched it.

I'm looking forward to watching the 2000 game on Monday, although I remember ABC ended its broadcast much too quickly while the players were still skating around with the Cup, IIRC.

Edited by 95Crash

At least this will go the way I want. . . I hope :unsure: .

I guess it wouldn't be surprising if someone over at the NHL building edited the tape. . . "And in overtime, the Dallas Stars score! And even though this series is tied 3-3, who cares? Let's give the Cup to Dallas! Back-to-back champions!"

:angry:

I forgot about the Arnott stick to the face that gave Dal. their PP near the end of the 1st OT. I must say Clement was VERY close-mouthed about the hit, though he didn't mention the drag down.

And as much as I hate to say this, Gary Thorne really did call a great game that night. I really couldn't remember any blatantly obvious mistakes like I usually hound him for. It just sucked watching the game & seeing the msg. about the NHL rejecting Kov's contract.

Though I did chuckle about Bettman's compliments of Lou the hockey genius, 10 yrs. before yesterday.

Looking forward to Thursday night. I love finding things I didn't notice, or just forgot about, the first time.

And as much as I hate to say this, Gary Thorne really did call a great game that night. I really couldn't remember any blatantly obvious mistakes like I usually hound him for. It just sucked watching the game & seeing the msg.

He did call Marty, "Ed Belfour," telling us that he plays it as Modano pursues him.

But during the post-game, when Barry Melrose said that Dallas "didn't have enough heart," that dropped my jaw.

He did call Marty, "Ed Belfour," telling us that he plays it as Modano pursues him.

But during the post-game, when Barry Melrose said that Dallas "didn't have enough heart," that dropped my jaw.

what do you expect he is business in the front and party in the back :boogie:

Edited by grcenter47

I always liked gary and bill. They obviously had their bias against the devils some nights..but when gary was on, he was pretty good at getting you into it.

agreed, now the poor bastard is stuck doing baseball games, even his excited tone cant keep you interested for 9 innings.