What is the best rock n roll movie of all time

Ollie McKraut

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of The Last Waltz? Arguably the greatest assembly of musicians ever performing on the same stage for one night only.

Some other favorites of mine (already mentioned): Almost Famous, High Fidelity (great pick!) and This Is Spinal Tap.

I'm ashamed for forgetting this. ("The Last Waltz" that is.)

Edited by Unholygoalie

No mention of The Last Waltz? Arguably the greatest assembly of musicians ever performing on the same stage for one night only.

Some other favorites of mine (already mentioned): Almost Famous, High Fidelity (great pick!) and This Is Spinal Tap.

not to mention neil youngs coke booger

I'm surprised no one mentioned "Dazed and Confused" yet.

Also "Singles" was pretty good, if you liked grunge.

And if we are including documentaries, which it looks like we are, then add "The Filth and the Fury" and "American Hardcore" to the list.

Alright list is updated in order of nomination. [aside from the KISS tv special which defaults to the bottom] We'll need a few people to watch every single movie listed within a few weeks, so we can accurately rank according to worthiness :e-drama:

Edited by Ollie McKraut

Here are my ten favorites

1-A Hard Days Night

2-The Beatles First US Visit

3-Elvis:One Night With You

4-The Rutles:All You Need Is Cash

5-This Is Spinal Tap

6-Jailhouse Rock

7-Kiss:The Second Coming

8-Dazed and Confused

9-The Doors

10-Depeche Mode 101

There are a few I can't think of now that I'll probably slap myself in the head for not including.

Mike

Mike

Rock-n-Roll High School!

(that'd be #4 on the first list - that one with the Ramones in it)

There's another one I really love...

Train Ride to Hollywood with Bloodstone. It's AWSOME! Amazingly stupid but great all the same! And they dont even have a soundtrack - GRRR!!!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Rock-n-Roll High School!

(that'd be #4 on the first list - that one with the Ramones in it)

There's another one I really love...

Train Ride to Hollywood with Bloodstone. It's AWSOME! Amazingly stupid but great all the same! And they dont even have a soundtrack - GRRR!!!

Rock N Roll High School! Good one, PK. I'm so into the nostalgia now because my Catholic grammar school (Class of 1984) is having a reunion. It's fascinating because many people haven't seen each other in 25 years, because people went to different high schools. It's just an incredible dynamic, more fascinating than a high school reunion.

Rock N Roll High School! Good one, PK. I'm so into the nostalgia now because my Catholic grammar school (Class of 1984) is having a reunion. It's fascinating because many people haven't seen each other in 25 years, because people went to different high schools. It's just an incredible dynamic, more fascinating than a high school reunion.

HEY! You're a year older than me! woohoo!!

sorry -- I'm in a wretch of a mood today. We had trouble will our grill at todays work BBQ and my marinated zucchini never made it on... I took it a little personally -_- Good thing I work with my husband, he was able to nip it in the bud. but sometimes he's stays a little silent or I guess cautious is a better word for it -- and just lets me work up a teeny rage...

ANYHOW - I'm missing my reunion after Facebook and all putting us all back in touch. We're going on a cruise... not sure how I'll like that. I'm more of a Northern person.

(sweeet -- from Great Big Sea to Creep by TLC -- I love my taste in music - Pandora can't even do what my ipod can :giggle: iphone actually -- iTunes actually since it's on my laptop)

Edited by Pepperkorn

I was watching Some Kind of Monster the other night. Made you feel like Metallica was disintergrating right before your eyes. Almost had a Let It Be vibe to it.

Mike

Just caught another one on ... MTV of all places!

A Knights Tale

I really like this movie. It's got comedy, action, plot, and wenches. :cheers: