2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Let's see (since the offseason)..

*Rex flips Dolphin's fans an obscene gesture.. *F`bomb disruption on Hardknocks.. *verbal harassment towards Ines Sainz.. *lack of discipline shown for Braylon Edwards' DWI.. *Rex's "poor taste" in dressing up like his brother, during a press conference.. *Rex's "poor taste" in comparing his wife, to supermodel Gisele Bundchen.. *Sal Alosi allegedly being instructed by coaches, to deliberately trip Nolan Carroll.. and now, finally.. kinky foot fetish video's released.

..am I forgetting anything? ;)

I'm pretty sure you got 'em all Beez. But the season 'aint over yet. :P

Sanchez was brilliant at times today, his #'s should've been even better but was plagued by drops left and right

Awful field. LT couldn't cut at all today. Was pretty much ineffective...Green had some nice runs though. We had success running behind the tackles but nowhere else.

Great job out of Bray and Santonio, unstoppable on the slants. Keller got back into the mix as well, though we really needed him to haul in that TD before the half.

Folk made his kicks

Defense... :puke:

why kick to Hester at all? I have no idea. whenever we did the Bears started in our end of the field and cashed in every single time.

Jets made the playoffs, that's all that matters

Well at least they're in the playoffs, and not only that but locked into the #6 seed so they can basically treat next week like a bye.

With how well we play after extra time :doh1: ...any normal team would but we may have to at least put 3 quarters of work in to beat the Bills. Plus I kind of want to go into the playoffs with a win and feeling good. LT is the only guy I would sit out the entire game and give McKnight the start

I don't disagree it's likely they lose in the first round, but two straight years in the playoffs is nothing to be proud of? Yeah I know Rex talks and everything and the expectations are through the roof and all that but there's still something to be said for making the playoffs two years in a row in the NFL. How often have the Jets done that in their history? '69-70, '81-82, '85-86, '01-02...and the last two years. That's it, and never three straight years :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

i dont like the jets but i agree on the firstround exit. nothing to be proud of if your a fan of the jets

Yeah, that's true. Nothing to be proud of.. :rolleyes:

.....the Jets are going to the playoffs for the 2nd straight season, but nothing to be proud of.

.....only 3 teams in the Conference have more wins than the Jets, but nothing to be proud of.

.....3 consecutive seasons finishing the year with a winning record, but nothing to be proud of.

.....the Jets already have more wins this season than they did last season, but nothing to be proud of.

.....Sanchez has improved in every category in his 2nd season as a starting QB, but nothing to be proud of.

.....Rex has over 20 wins (including a winning record in the playoffs) since becoming head coach, but nothing to be proud of.

You know what.. you're right! :w00t:

Edited by Beezer34

They don't have as good a defense as they did last year when Peyton smoked them (yeah he doesn't have as good an offense either but he still torches Rex's D constantly) and don't sleep on the Chiefs, they have as good a running game as anyone, terrific coaching with Weis/Crennel, and Cassel's playing as well as anyone not named Brady or Vick.

I do like our chances better on the road as we play like crap at home though like 7 pointed out maybe we'd better not treat next week like a bye since we don't do well off of those either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They don't have as good a defense as they did last year when Peyton smoked them (yeah he doesn't have as good an offense either but he still torches Rex's D constantly) and don't sleep on the Chiefs, they have as good a running game as anyone, terrific coaching with Weis/Crennel, and Cassel's playing as well as anyone not named Brady or Vick.

I do like our chances better on the road as we play like crap at home though like 7 pointed out maybe we'd better not treat next week like a bye since we don't do well off of those either.

I'm not sleeping on anyone. I'm just not assuming a first-round exit. The Jets are a good road team. I'm a bit concerned about the defense, yes.

..don't sleep on the Chiefs, they have as good a running game as anyone, terrific coaching with Weis/Crennel, and Cassel's playing as well as anyone not named Brady or Vick.

Actually, things being what they are.. I'd love to play KC in the Wildcard game..

..to me, the Chiefs look like a team that's peaking too early. They've won 5 games, out of their last 6.. and that loss was solely due to Cassel's appendectomy. They're also WAAAY overdue for a loss @ home. Their last defeat in Arrowhead came on December 20th 2009!? :blink:

Although their running attack is ranked 1st overall, their passing game is ranked 30th. (and one thing you can say about the Jets defense.. they can stop the run)

------------------------------

..EDIT: Food for thought..

26° and snow today in Chicago.

17° and snow last week in Pittsburgh.

22° and freezing rain, December 6th in Foxboro.

..and the forecast is calling for a low of 29° on Sunday, with a chance of showers.

Crash Course for Marky Mark to play in the elements, over the last 4 weeks. If this stretch don't "break him in" ..nothing will!

Edited by Beezer34

"..when you look at their season (the Jets) I know alot of people focus on the games the Jets barely won, and say 'oh they should be 7-8'. But honestly, when I look at the games the Jets have lost this season, 10-9 against Baltimore.. 9-0 against Green Bay.. 10-6 against Miami.. and then today's game against Chicago (38-34) I mean c'mon! Let's be fair here. They could easily be 13-2, and fighting for the AFC East."

-The quote of the night season, courtesy WFAN's Lori Rubinson. :clap:

Although their running attack is ranked 1st overall, their passing game is ranked 30th. (and one thing you can say about the Jets defense.. they can stop the run)

I find it hard to believe the Chiefs' passing game is 30th but maybe it is in terms of total yards, but not in efficiency. Cassel has 27 TD's to 5 INT's (around 60% completion percentage) and around 3000 yards passing in 14 games, which is actually pretty remarkable considering all they have in terms of receiving weapons is Bowe and who cares after that.

And they didn't stop the run very well today, Forte had 100 yards.

I find it hard to believe the Chiefs' passing game is 30th but maybe it is in terms of total yards, but not in efficiency. Cassel has 27 TD's to 5 INT's (around 60% completion percentage) and around 3000 yards passing in 14 games, which is actually pretty remarkable considering all they have in terms of receiving weapons is Bowe and who cares after that.

And they didn't stop the run very well today, Forte had 100 yards.

I was wrong. The Chiefs are not 30th in passing.. they're 28th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

..and yes, Forte had 100 yards today.

But #1- That number was a bit bloated by a 35 yrd ripper. #2- It's the 1st 100 yrd rusher the Jets have allowed all season.

The Chiefs are the best possible matchup for the Jets...doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

Charles is going to be a problem, especially sprinting to the outside and on screen plays. Thomas Jones has really been a non factor since week 8 or so.

You can put Revis on Bowe and he'll lock him down all game. They have Moeaki who is ok and yes TE's have hurt us this year, but this guy isn't exactly Tony Gonzalez...he's not even Dustin Keller. He's a dumpoff safety valve, not a big play receiver. Other than that the Chiefs have nobody else who can really hurt us through the air.