STH BBQ & Fan Fest

GoArmySports

I disagree that "LOTS of people don't even care about the players" would be at a STH event. They cared enough to buy tickets to 41 regular season home games (plus the preseason and playoffs), so it means something. Where did you hear about people "lurking" around and trying to steal equipment to sell? Sounds pretty far fetched...

:lol: Are you for real? Why did you even reply if was such obvious nonsense to you? :giggle:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meet and Greet is cool - I'd rather a photo of me planting a wet one on Scott Stevens cheek than his signature.

LOTS of people don't even care about the players -- they just show up to get crap signed they can sell on ebay. SOME people even lurk around the building trying to steal equipment stuff to sell I hear - and get all self-righteous if a guard calls them out on it.

This way fans aren't there to make a profit - just make memories :wub::evil:

GREAT POST. ++++1

How about you calm down. Totally uncalled for. And if this is how you feel...how about you put her on ignore instead of responding with such venomous hatred. If you can't...there is something wrong with you. It's a message board.

How about you minding your own business. I don't see you around when Martyisthebest decides to share his blunt feelings on members so if you want to preach start calling it square.

Besides, I don't believe in the ignore feature. It's a cop out. If you're going to post jibberish and nonsense like she does on a daily basis, then you have to expect just replies in return from someone.

Also, I am calm. I don't get upset over typed words from nutjobs. I just call it like I see it.

Edited by SJP20

LOTS of people don't even care about the players -- they just show up to get crap signed they can sell on ebay. SOME people even lurk around the building trying to steal equipment stuff to sell I hear - and get all self-righteous if a guard calls them out on it.

I'm glad someone brought up ebay, I am kind of leary about getting tickets for this from ebay especially since they are running anywhere between $49-$99 for a single ticket.

I'm glad someone brought up ebay, I am kind of leary about getting tickets for this from ebay especially since they are running anywhere between $49-$99 for a single ticket.

Don't. Funny thing is, you could probably "pay" for the tickets in the amount of free food you eat lol. (and it wouldn't take very long to do that if you eat in terms of realized prices).

You'll get a small segment of STH's who happily sell scalp these "special event" tickets. You might also see in state/out of state ticket broker companies that buy STH packages and sell on eBay and have the special event tickets for sale, too. IMO, the Devils should just copy the Equipment Sale setup for these STH events, i.e., tickets should be ID entry and non-transferable. I won't be able to go but that is the correct thing to do, IMO.

Edited by SJP20

IMO, the Devils should just copy the Equipment Sale setup for these STH events, i.e., tickets should be ID entry and non-transferable. I won't be able to go but that is the correct thing to do, IMO.

I just don't see why they should care.. They do it as a gift to the STH who can then do what they want with it

And we see what certain STH's do with their "gifts" from the team, hence my suggestion.

Just because the Devils take a sort of laissez faire approach, doesn't make it acceptable from a principle viewpoint.

True but from the Devils standpoint it's the same cost to them whether a STH eats their food or a non-STH and I think that's all they care about.. I'd prefer it to be just the STH (and their guests if it's 1 person who owns 2+ seats) because then you know everyone else there is a STH like you but I'm sure the team sees it as do they get any added benefit taking the time to ensure only STH are there..

I totally agree with you on the principle thing.. It's the like when the Nintendo Wii came out and there was a shortage so people bought them for $200 and sold them on eBay for $1,000 to rich people who didn't want to wait in line

I have two tickets to the BBQ, and I am not going due to other priorities. I did give the tickets to the biggest fans that I know, my parents as I know they will enjoy meeting and talking to the players. Even more so than myself. At least I will be at the preseason game the night before. :)

I have two tickets to the BBQ, and I am not going due to other priorities. I did give the tickets to the biggest fans that I know, my parents as I know they will enjoy meeting and talking to the players. Even more so than myself. At least I will be at the preseason game the night before. :)

See, that's classy right there. I may be for these events being ID entry/non transferable, but at least you didn't take something that was a free gift/perk and sell them to someone to make a profit. Not like what someone from this board is doing right now with his "eBay style" email offer route (should he make up his mind 100% on what to do with them).

I took my pre-season vouchers and gave them to a board member who purchased some items from me in the Marketplace as a thanks. The vouchers didn't "cost" me anything (well, "cost" being a relative terms since i did pay for the VIP Equipment entry and the vouchers were "free"...) so i figured why not give them to someone to enjoy? I got my BBQ tickets last season from a STH as a gift, so why not pay it forward to a fellow fan?

See, that's classy right there. I may be for these events being ID entry/non transferable, but at least you didn't take something that was a free gift/perk and sell them to someone to make a profit. Not like what someone from this board is doing right now with his "eBay style" email offer route (should he make up his mind 100% on what to do with them).

And here I thought selling tickets for almost half off, to well over half off, was a nice thing to do, rather than try to get every dollar we could for them. :noclue:

We're trying to sell stuff we're not using to defray the cost of the taxes on our prize, sorry if that doesn't work for you.

Edited by Devils731

And here I thought selling tickets for almost half off, to well over half off, was a nice thing to do, rather than try to get every dollar we could for them. :noclue:

We're trying to sell stuff we're not using to defray the cost of the taxes on our prize, sorry if that doesn't work for you.

How about giving the STH BBQ tickets to someone here that buys/bought "x" amount of games or spends/spent "x" from you as a thanks?

Whatever you are selling your extra set of STH for, you're already making a profit off of your gift of an extra set of season tickets, so why not go that route?

Edited by SJP20