Who is the best player on the Devils?

SC Devs Fan

Yesterday, today and tomorrow Stevens has my vote - I can't say why - he just ensures a win more certainly than Neids or Marty regardless of who the more "skilled" player is.

Well, who'd wanna disappoint "dad"? :P

<_< you know maybe he thinks it's funny and lawd knows the press thinks it's a riot but I hate that Dad crap...

:unsure: uhh..

except coming from you sammy... ;)

Phew...was getting a little nervous there while reading your post... B)

Offense... Friesen

Defense- Stevens followed closely by Nieds

Goalie... I am sure you know...

Total- The Great Lou Lams...

The one with the lower GAA and S%? :P

The Great Marty.. he rules.. best in the league...

Personally, I don't like to compare goalies against skaters as their worlds are totally different. The best skater on the Devils is Niedermayer as he is a force on both ends of the ice. However, the most valuable player on the Devils is Brodeur as not only does he make big saves and changes the flow of the game with his puckhandling ability; but he also carries an aura of greatness that psychologically effects his teammates and opponents. The team playing in front of him, realizing that they have the best in the business behind them, has an added zeal to their game as they know, no matter who they play, they have the ability to win. The team playing against him, realizing that they can dominate the game and still lose, is prone to getting frustrated on the ice.

Brodeur--he is the backbone of this team and Stevens is the heart. For those who complain about #4, wait until he's gone and the difference is going to be overwhelming. I think Brylin is a key piece also, actually and Nieds is also underrated although the end of last year and now he is doing really well.

I'm also liking Lang alot right now.

Brodeur is the best player. You could say Stevens is so many other categories but best player is by far Martin Brodeur. He is the best goalie in the league. We don't have the best forwards or the BEST defenseman but we do have the BEST goalie. Last night was another perfect example of what he does for this team. Stevens right now is definwetly not the ebst player on the team. It is Marty and he will be the greatest player rin Devils history without a doubt.

the question was "most important" player to the Devil. Marty can be best - he can get the most personal acolaides but GOD SAYS STEVENS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER TO PLAY ON THE DEVILS :angry:

:unsure: did I say God? I meant dog... :evil:

Just wondering who you thought the best or, more correctly, the most important player on the Devils. To me, night in and night out, the player who consistently makes the difference is Scott Neidermayer. Sure Marty is excellent and deserves his accolades, but Neider is the guy who can turn a game for us when its needed. Your thoughts?

do I sense a 'tude? Nah I dont think I do but anyhow this is the 1st post of the thread with the addendum

Edited by Pepperkorn

Just wondering who you thought the best or, more correctly, the most important player on the Devils. To me, night in and night out, the player who consistently makes the difference is Scott Neidermayer. Sure Marty is excellent and deserves his accolades, but Neider is the guy who can turn a game for us when its needed. Your thoughts?

do I sense a 'tude? Nah I dont think I do but anyhow this is the 1st post of the thread with the addendum

A tude? I don't see that, and I edited before anyone posted (was a spelling error)...

Offense... Friesen

Defense- Stevens followed closely by Nieds

Total- The Great Lou Lams...

You have got to be f'n kidding, I would rank Friesen behind Langenbrunner, Madden, Elias and Gomez(made cup finals every year playing int he playoffs)

Umm first, do you really need f'n.. i mean if you disagree so strongly .. go the full nine jason.. come right out and say it.. This is a forum, i stated my opinion... I believe that Friesen weilds the best possibility for offensive treat... nuff said.. you disagree... fine... but i dont use "making the cup finals every year playing in the playoffs" as the only way to gage my choice...

A tude? I don't see that, and I edited before anyone posted (was a spelling error)...

not a 'tude with you SC! :P But with Devils33:

Well when I looked at the title of the thread it said "Who is the best player on the Devils. Simple question" Well now it doesn't seem so simple if that wasn't the question. "

I thought his response to Darwin was sarcastic.. but then I figured I was just reading something into it B)

Oh, did I mention Stevens is the most important? More than Neids :P

...and gomer

SIDEBAR: I wish the Jets would beat the Raiders :saddevil:

Sure Marty is excellent and deserves his accolades, but Neider is the guy who can turn a game for us when its needed. Your thoughts?

And Marty isn't? :huh:

Right now, there's no question that Brodeur is the best player on the Devils, and perhaps the best player in hockey. (That's a bit hard to measure, considering he doesn't have to depend on another player either getting him the puck or burying the puck to have great numbers).

If you wanted to look outside the goal, the best player on the Devils would be Nieds.

<JESTER>

Sure Marty is excellent and deserves his accolades, but Neider is the guy who can turn a game for us when its needed. Your thoughts?

And Marty isn't? :huh:

Right now, there's no question that Brodeur is the best player on the Devils, and perhaps the best player in hockey. (That's a bit hard to measure, considering he doesn't have to depend on another player either getting him the puck or burying the puck to have great numbers).

If you wanted to look outside the goal, the best player on the Devils would be Nieds.

But STEVENS is most important by far.

<JESTER>

That's so weird <JESTER> that last sentence disappeared in your original post! I fixed it for you! :evil: