World Juniors Thread - Russia wins the gold. Canada Chokes.

Satans Hockey

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian fans are retarded. You don't serenade the other team's goalie when he makes a great save.

Also, don't think Merrill was on the ice for the goal.

He was, he was the defender playing the 2 on 1, then left his feet to block the shot after the rebound got loose.

Maybe its me.

I feel like I'm watching the Devils but they're all teenagers.

I was just sitting thinking......man its sad to watch teenagers play a better game all around then NHL'ers. :doh1:

Then I said....well these are the best of the teenagers so now I dont feel so bad.

Mens Gold in the Olympics. Gold in the World Jrs. :yay:

Edited by Quinn01

I watched all of USA's games. They have played a really tough skilled game all along. Sure, they did not win tonight, but Canada came into having something to prove after last year. They were not going to let it happen again.

USA will take the Bronze.

Props to the kids of Team USA. They all played really hard tonight even after being down by a mound.

USA plays Sweden Wed. at 3:30PM

Canada plays Russia Wed. at 7:30PM.

I watched all of USA's games. They have played a really tough skilled game all along. Sure, they did not win tonight, but Canada came into having something to prove after last year. They were not going to let it happen again.

USA will take the Bronze.

Props to the kids of Team USA. They all played really hard tonight even after being down by a mound.

USA plays Sweden Wed. at 3:30PM

Canada plays Russia Wed. at 7:30PM.

Do you fall into an existential funk when you realize that Parise tied it up for the US but Crosby won it for Canada?

Merrill was excellent in this game, the only thing that is keeping him from being a top pair defensmen is his lack of speed and first step. His speed may limit him to being similar to a bigger Rob Scuderi. The control of his stick is amazing, very similar to Lidstrom in the corners.

Do you fall into an existential funk when you realize that Parise tied it up for the US but Crosby won it for Canada?

I wanted Canada to win the Gold. I was happy for Parise and USA from a Devils/American for that goal plus it made it for some good hockey but I was even more happy when Crosby netted the winner.

USA played a real good game today. They deff deserved that medal.