Karpotsev?

smelly

Man, people don't realize how good a D-man Karpy is. You all can say no because he's an injury risk. Fine. But if he's healthy, he plays that physical style your team lacks w/o Stevens and sacrifices his body all over the place. If you want a blocked shot, he'll do it. If you need a crunching hit, Karpy's your guy. If you need the front of the net cleared, he does that too. He's one guy I wish the Rangers had kept. Karpy is a winner.

Man, people don't realize how good a D-man Karpy is. You all can say no because he's an injury risk. Fine. But if he's healthy, he plays that physical style your team lacks w/o Stevens and sacrifices his body all over the place. If you want a blocked shot, he'll do it. If you need a crunching hit, Karpy's your guy. If you need the front of the net cleared, he does that too. He's one guy I wish the Rangers had kept. Karpy is a winner.

Yeah, that's why it sucks that sometimes if you breathe on him he gets injured. He really is a very good player but he's just so damn injury prone. I don't think it's a risk worth taking (for the Devils), given the current defensive situation we're already in...

Just ask Karpovtsev to call the Blackhawks owner Wirtz a penny-pinching patsy.......

We would then get him for like a 7th round pick.......

Heck, they gave away Stevie Sullivan for a couple of picks.........A couple personnel guys around the league felt that Sullivan was worth a midlevel prospect and those picks altogether...........

Devils could do worse then Karpostev... hell we could proabably get him in exchange

for blacking out the March 11th game on TV in Chicago :D

True.

And have you ever considered that the reason the guy is hurt all the time is that there is no one else on the Hawks' blueline? He pretty much has to do everything at his age. He wouldn't have to do that here.

I'd take a chance. The guy has a Cup ring already and he would probably love the chance to win one more time, hell, he'd probably love the chance to get away from Chicago.

Hey if we had a whiff that Marshall was coming we'd have a thread just like this about him. I mean the guy had what could've been a career ending injury before he even started a career. And he worked out just fine. If Lou & Co. think Karpotsev is a fit, they who are we to think any different. :noclue: But since there's been a leak about the inquiry, probably won't happen. :rolleyes:

Karpovtsev is my bet for Lou's deadline trade, and it would be a good move IMO. He's a pretty good D, and Lou could probably get him for Brown and a conditional 3rd or 4th rounder, or a couple of picks. He'd be a huge improvement over Brown (who IMO is terrible).

Does anyone here remember that picture one of the Jersey papers took of Lou in his office this off-season? It had him standing in front of his NHL-wide depth chart (which was an accident - he later said it should have been covered). I recognized Chicago's roster on there, and IIRC Lou had Karpovtsev listed as their top D.