Who else saw those special goalie jerseys that the

Satans Hockey

Im watching the game that from earlier cause I taped it and oh my lord were those jerseys ugly. They are suppose to be tight fitting jerseys but they had like weird lines on them and also white underneath both the arms so it looked so bad. The concept of the tight jerseys isnt a bad idea but they should still look like the jerseys the rest of the players are wearing because this isn't soccer. Im looking for a picture now. If the league really starts using these ugly designs that Reebok came up with I am really going to start hating them even more.

Edited by Satans Child

Im watching the game that from earlier cause I taped it and oh my lord were those jerseys ugly. They are suppose to be tight fitting jerseys but they had like weird lines on them and also white underneath both the arms so it looked so bad. The concept of the tight jerseys isnt a bad idea but they should still look like the jerseys the rest of the players are wearing because this isn't soccer. Im looking for a picture now. If the league really starts using these ugly designs that Reebok came up with I am really going to start hating them even more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agree 100%, fine, make the goalies wear tighter jerseys, but those jerseys should look exactly the same as everybody elses. Once again the NHL is being stupid for no good reason.

NHL considering new goalie jerseys

Henrik Lundqvist

TSN.ca Staff

9/30/2005 1:39:45 PM

The new National Hockey League is considering yet another major change in time for the start of this regular season.

TSN has learned that all 30 NHL franchises received new jerseys Friday for their goaltenders and while it's a longshot, fans could see them in game action on opening night.

The shirts are streamlined in a continued effort to reduce the amount of net they cover, and maybe even more significantly, they are different in colour and pattern like goalkeeper jerseys in soccer and would not match the rest of the team.

New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist experimented with the new jersey (pictured) in the warmup prior to Thursday's preseason game against the New York Islanders.

Talk of the new sweaters began at the general managers' meetings in Detroit as discussions surrounded the reduction in size of goalie equipment. They left with a consensus to reduce gloves, blockers and pads and the manufacturers would look into creating a more streamlined sweater. The manufacturers made it clear that the tigher version would not look like the teams current sweaters, but the NHL gave them the green light to proceed anyway.

The arrival of the sweaters Friday morning was met with mixed reaction.

Some franchises reacted quite positively, recognizing the marketing potentional in creating a "goalie sweater" taking a page from the huge success of soccer. However, there's been plenty of negative reaction as well.

A number of general managers argue that there has already been so much change to the game that this would be too much, too soon, not to mention the fact that goalies will have little or not time to get used to playing in the new sweater.

"It may be too late to introduce the new steamlined sweater in time for this season," an NHL official told TSN.

"But rest assured, it is coming."

It isn't the first time this year that hockey jerseys have been re-designed dramatically.

In August, Canada's Olympic and world junior teams received new jerseys designed to be cooler, lighter and make the players faster.

More to follow.

lundqvist_52628.jpg

The shirts are streamlined in a continued effort to reduce the amount of net they cover, and maybe even more significantly, they are different in colour and pattern like goalkeeper jerseys in soccer and would not match the rest of the team.

Naked accomplishes this. :evil: Okay they need equipment, so not completely naked. But if they must wear this jersey, how about sheer with the team logo? :uni:

Hey if you guys can drool over ice girls or squeegy girls whatever the heck they do, I can dress Marty, (or shall I say undress) anyway I want.

EDIT: The NHL really should continue it's marketing efforts toward their significant female fan base.

Edited by LizDevil30

If they were maybe the same design but only a bit smaller, I wouldn't mind.

I hate it in soccer, how the goalkeepers don't have the same dress as the rest of the team.

I'm actually very surprised no rules have messed with the goalie sticks yet. Some of those shafts sure take up a lot of room. :rolleyes:

Edited by KarlovyVary

I don't know much about soccer, but don't soccer goalies have to wear different jerseys to distinguish them from everybody else.

tell me, why do goaltenders need to wear different jerseys? is it really that hard to figure out who the goaltender is?

Soon they will go back to the days of no masks...this time around it would be mandatory :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HOW- please tell me- HOW could ANYONE involved with the game- players, GM's, coaches, executives- think this is a good idea? The moron bean counters look at in terms of dollars and sense and say "Oh, great, another opportunity to make more money by selling more jerseys". But WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would buy one of these pieces of sh!t? WHO?????!!!!! This is an insult to the game, the fans, everyone. Someone stop the fvcking madness in the NHL offices before they turn the game into a combination of basketball and soccer and completely take away the sport we all know and love!!!!!!

HOW- please tell me- HOW could ANYONE involved with the game- players, GM's, coaches, executives- think this is a good idea? The moron bean counters look at in terms of dollars and sense and say "Oh, great, another opportunity to make more money by selling more jerseys". But WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would buy one of these pieces of sh!t? WHO?????!!!!! This is an insult to the game, the fans, everyone. Someone stop the fvcking madness in the NHL offices before they turn the game into a combination of basketball and soccer and completely take away the sport we all know and love!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn't agree with you more MadDog. Those jerseys are fvcking horrible.

Since when has soccer...fvcking SOCCER...become the model for the NHL? I don't have anything against soccer, and I know that Europeans love it, but I think Amercans have shown that they'll never care for it the way they do for baseball, football, basketball, hockey and auto racing.

If we win a Cup this year at home and that snivelling little prick Bettman shows up, someone's gotta line him up in his crosshairs and take him out. He's ruining a great game.

Maddog - scary thing is there are people out there who would buy these lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, probably. Really, how sad is that? I was over on TSN.ca and there were some idiots that actually though this was a good idea. I'm all for people being entitled to their own opinions, but seriously- if you think this is a good idea- just stop watching hockey. Please. Just stop. You're not hardcore and have no respect for the game or it's traditions and culture. This is the final straw. This makes the goalie puck-handling disaster look like a stroke of genius.

I can't see any true NHL hockey fan plunking down his hard-earned for one of those disasters. Unless he wants to be laughed right out of the building.