GDT: Devils @ Leafs 1/12- 7pm EST

dmann422

Or they'll make the playoffs because they found a way to not walk away with nothing.

What about the points they're grabbing by not being behind after 60 minutes?

They don't win three games in a row...ever.  One time in the last year we got to a three-game winning streak whoopee.  Hard to get to 90 points or whatever the playoff number winds up being (it's increasing by the day) if your longest winning streak is two in a row because we can't win these skills competitions.

and has said he does NOT like taking them, but our dumbass coach decides to use him instead of ryder who can actually score.

at this point might as well dress marty as a skater and have him shoot,  cant do any worse

Ryder is awful in the shootout.  Something like 6-37 career and I'm not exaggerating.  The only guy they have who's had any success at the shootout they haven't used is Zidlicky, since Pete apparently doesn't realize defensemen are eligible. 

Greene and Fayne are just too good together. Greene gets a lot of love (as he should) but Fayne is one of those guys that quietly puts in a consistently solid game night in and night out.

Yes, and I'm nervous that Fayne won't be a part of the Devils' future. It would be awesome if he'd stick around, but who knows whether he'll decide to test free agency. He's probably the most underrated player on the team.

Ryder is awful in the shootout.  Something like 6-37 career and I'm not exaggerating.  The only guy they have who's had any success at the shootout they haven't used is Zidlicky, since Pete apparently doesn't realize defensemen are eligible. 

At this point who cares about career shootout numbers

They are irrelevant

We are at ROCK BOTTOM as a group with our somewhere near 3% shooting percentage in this skills contest

I would try out anyone...I definitely thought we would have seen Zid by now at some point

Who cares if someone doesn't like taking them at all? Right now they are all bad at them, so I don't think any of them are jumping at the chance to go out there. And if any were actively campaigning to take one, they still aren't good at them.

Next time we are doomed to a shootout, I hope we see Zid, Henrique, Ryder

They don't have enough offense to win these games in regulation and they don't have enough skill to win these games in the skills competition.  Gets really hard to find ways to win when you literally have to win every game 2-1.  And it's not like our D's full of Prongers and Charas either.

He should be thankful, prayer thankful, he doesn't coach in a market where the local media gives enough of a crap to torture him daily.

Yeah if he pulled some of the sh!t he pulls here with the lineup in a Canadian market or a place like Philly or across the river, the media would eat him alive. He's been lucky to coach the Devils and Florida in that way. Can you imagine Pete in Montreal or Toronto? Lmfao.

Yeah if he pulled some of the sh!t he pulls here with the lineup in a Canadian market or a place like Philly or across the river, the media would eat him alive. He's been lucky to coach the Devils and Florida in that way. Can you imagine Pete in Montreal or Toronto? Lmfao.

I doubt it. Few writers want to challenge a coach on such small things as Gionta getting a lot of minutes or Janssen playing instead of Tedenby. The Brodeur/Schneider issue would be played up big time, but Brodeur is so liked by the media, I doubt many would have the guts to call his career dead, except from someone who was so far removed from reporting on the day-to-day stuff of the team.

He might get asked a few more questions and have to explain more, but I don't think it be that bad.

I doubt it. Few writers want to challenge a coach on such small things as Gionta getting a lot of minutes or Janssen playing instead of Tedenby. The Brodeur/Schneider issue would be played up big time, but Brodeur is so liked by the media, I doubt many would have the guts to call his career dead, except from someone who was so far removed from reporting on the day-to-day stuff of the team.

He might get asked a few more questions and have to explain more, but I don't think it be that bad.

But that's what good writers do. In a fishbowl, he'd be asked why a player like Gionta plays that much and why a meat head like Janssen is in the lineup at the cost of skill, any skill at that, for the sake of "a whole 3 maybe 4 mins worth of "energy" and a staged fight. Actually, come to think of it, the whole organization would get called out in the way that Brooks did it on Saturday.

I think 95 points is what it'll take to get in the playoffs.  If we do any of the following, we will get to that 95 point plateau.

23-11-1

22-10-3

21-9-5

20-8-7

19-7-9

18-6-11

17-5-13

16-4-15

15-3-17

14-2-19

13-1-21

12-0-23

fvck the shootout. Clowe? Really?

Clowe is good in the shootout.  He was at 40% before this year.