WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been at the last 3 manias and this was better then 27 and 28. I didn't go to raw but they should have had dolph cash it in at mania. The crowd reaction would have been amazing and nobody has done it before at mania. I think they really blew a chance at making him an even bigger star by not doing this. If it wasn't for the crowd this would have been just another ho hum raw.

• 11 months later...

Vince must have known he was not well otherwise I couldn't see how he was inducted into the HOF.

He looked shaky in the ring as well on Monday.   Just shocked how quickly after the induction it happened.

I remember this guy from when I was younger...watched some of the recent videos and he looked very winded and sweating profusely. Stumbling around, catching his breath. Only 54 he looked like a guy in the late stages of heart failure

It's really astonishing how many wrestlers die. The profession itself is likely about as brutal (or more) than the NFL. Also factor in cocaine, painkillers, other drugs, alcohol, constant beatings, damage to the brain, liver, lungs, spleen, bone deterioration. If you've made it to 54 as a wrestler, that's almost like 70 in non wrestler years. Hulk Hogan still being around at 60. That's practically elderly

I remember this guy from when I was younger...watched some of the recent videos and he looked very winded and sweating profusely. Stumbling around, catching his breath. Only 54 he looked like a guy in the late stages of heart failure

It's really astonishing how many wrestlers die. The profession itself is likely about as brutal (or more) than the NFL. Also factor in cocaine, painkillers, other drugs, alcohol, constant beatings, damage to the brain, liver, lungs, spleen, bone deterioration. If you've made it to 54 as a wrestler, that's almost like 70 in non wrestler years. Hulk Hogan still being around at 60. That's practically elderly

there really is no more job more physically and mentally demanding on a human being on the planet... 200-300 nights a year, no off-season, excessive travel, never at home....and there in lies the TRUE addiction for a wrestler...it's not the drugs, the partying.....its being in that ring and that spotlight.....and much to Warrior's credit he was a rare one (like Savage) who knew his time was gone and he went...and stayed away.....its frightening how close to his induction and moments of making peace with the WWE that he moved on....this is the most shocking wrestling death to me since Eddie Guerrero....I'm still stunned by this today.....

It's sad. All of the things he said at the HOF and on Raw about making your mark and the Warrior running long after he's gone take on such a different meaning now that he's gone so soon after saying them.

I wonder if he knew he was near the end and that's why he buried the hatchet with Vince and the WWE last year. (I'm sure no one knew he was THAT close to the end, of course)

It's sad. All of the things he said at the HOF and on Raw about making your mark and the Warrior running long after he's gone take on such a different meaning now that he's gone so soon after saying them.

I wonder if he knew he was near the end and that's why he buried the hatchet with Vince and the WWE last year. (I'm sure no one knew he was THAT close to the end, of course)

according to jake the snake, they had a feud going too and they buried the hatchet as well

I was at the Hall of Fame, WrestleMania and the Raw the night after. Quite the emontional roller coaster of a week for me. Seeing Jake the Snake(my all time favorite wrestler) get inducted into the HOF and with Undertaker having his streak beaten(which I'm surprised nobody mentioned here) and probably his retirement as well. Then seeing Warrior less then 24hrs before he died. And Marty maybe retiring/last game as a Devil as well.

Just a crazy week. And Manta no matter whatever happened with the Warrior and his fans and the WWE is I am most saddended for his 2 young girls, you could see how happy they were to walk out with their dad at the hall of fame ceremony. Just a sad story for them.

Tonights Raw is going to be dedicated to Warrior. Should be interesting.

And a btw congrats to Daniel Bryan, I couldn't be more happy for him. I started watching him wrestle in ROH at Inman sports and the manhatten center. So cool to see his success with 75,000+ cheering his name. He deserves all the success he gets.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Vince will do anything to bring attention to his show.   He fired Helliweg several times because he would never show up to events and frankly disliked his fans and was disliked by most of the other wrestlers.   I know Hogan, Andre and several others were resentful that they had to prop him up and sell him to the crowd. 

People change....ESPECIALLY after having children, this is fact.....I saw a man grateful to have his family with him and to be able to bury almost every hatchet he had in his life.....and then his life ended 24 hours later....I just keep thinking of those two kids and how terrible this must be to them....the rest is kinda irrelevant to me (they looked about the same ages as two of my nieces so it hits home easier), Warrior's death and the timing is scary familiar to Eddie Guerrero's ....and say what you want about people being mad he took his spot, there's PLENTY of modern-day wrestlers who were influenced by him and do things today that he was the first to do, and that's what matters here... he wasn't the first to hold up for his spot....or his payday....he CERTAINLY wasn't the last....did he get along with everyone backsatage?? No that was Kevin Nash's job :P

Was he a unique one of a kind guy in an era FILLED with guys of similar looks and physiques?? totally

In the end that's what matters....

Also... Honestly when it came to Taker NONE of us were watching the match....we were watching Brock Lesnar shoot prarie dogs on you tube assuming it was a given taker was gonna win....when the 3rd F-5 hit and the 3-count rang....it was 15 minutes of stunned disbelief in the room and i can barely remember the Divas match next...except for feeling TERRIBLE for them having to follow it.....that dumb, worthless Hogan sketch should have been next after the streak ending....but God forbid Terry EgoMania have to follow THAT.....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently spike TV isn't going to renew TNA so it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If they don't get a TV deal somewhere this might be the end of the company.

Too bad for them because it's starting to get good. They are the highest rated program on Spike.

Too bad for them because it's starting to get good. They are the highest rated program on Spike.

I agree, other the Dixie Carter and ECW reunion stuff I've actually enjoyed TNA lately.

Spike did announce that TNA will be on till the end of the year now but nobody knows what's happening after that. I don't see how they can survive if they don't get renewed or at least get picked up by another channel that is actually decent.

I would think SOMEONE out there would want 1.2 ish million viewers a week on their network....the move to Wednesdays was good too.....I'm holding out hope that they can survive....and resign Bully Ray....he's the heart of this company right now.....

I would think SOMEONE out there would want 1.2 ish million viewers a week on their network....the move to Wednesdays was good too.....I'm holding out hope that they can survive....and resign Bully Ray....he's the heart of this company right now.....

The problem is reruns of Cops gets Spike just as many viewers and costs them barely anything to air. I really don't know what other options they have, maybe one of the Fox Sports channels?