Philly Board

PaDevsFan

I have to say, reading the stuff over on the philly board is quite amusing today. Although I do feel for them. I mean really, their "storied franchise" has just been surpassed by a team who in their own words has no fan support. Here we have a team made up of players who play within themselves, play within a system, and just keep getting the job done. All they have to make themselves feel better is the fact that their fan support may be a bit better. Sad but true Devils fans, we dont have the same strength in fan support of the Devils as the Flyers fans have of the Flyers. All we have is 3 Stanley Cup Championships in the last 9 years. Damn I feel horrible now. It will be hard to sleep tonight thinking about how we may someday acheive the level of fan support that Philly has.

Damn Flyers fans, I hope you are happy now, you spoiled my STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP celebration ..... NOT :lol:

Oh well I guess I better figure out how I am gonna get my team Championship Video and Hat.

I posted over there that they were nitpicking. Oh well, I wanted to see their reaction to the their rivals winning the cup. Few of them give credit most just resort to knocking our sell out last night as all Islander fans :roll:

Is it our fault some people don't know hockey or quality teams if it hit them in the head?

You know how the heck can an Islander fan say anything about lack of a fan base? Excuuuuuuuuse me? They need to look in the mirror. What is that bs anyhow? I laugh my butt off everytime I see a ilse fan talk about our lack of fan support. Sheesh.......

Jealousy and nothing else to say I guess.

I think DM means the Failure fans call us 'Islander' fans, since they seem to think we couldn't actually be Devils fans.

A-holes.

One Toronto board actually had a thread congratulating Jimmy Leeds!!

The gripe in Toronto is the old 'boredom' schtick.

Most say they'd rather not win the cup then win it the way Jersey does!!

HAHAHAHAHA

This Philly fan I know called us out for booing Giguere. If this happened vs. Philly, Duck fans would be leaving in stretchers.

Well, someone was carried out on a stretcher. Duck fan? Devil fan? I can't find any stories as to who or what happened though.

I was at flyersphans.com last night ans it was just plain sad. Those people are so bitter.

Boredom - guess what, the Flyers play the trap too and, guess what, the Flyers' offense was worse (regular season and of course playoffs).

When Flyers win with the trap, "NOW THAT'S GREAT HOCKEY!"

When anyone else wins with the trap, "IT'S SO FRIGGIN' BORING, IT'S RUINING THE NHL."

They are very bitter about the things we have that they don't...

...such as a good goaltender. They badmouthed Brodeur for making Cup-raising motions when Gigeure got the Smythe. What the hell else would he do? This isn't a classless thing, it's trying to get your point across - Gigeure was a lock for the Smythe before the Finals EVEN STARTED - that's bullsh!t. I'm sorry, I'm not saying Brodeur should have gotten it or that Gigeure shouldn't have gotten it. I'm saying that the way it was decided took absolutely nothing out of the Finals series - the most important series.

Eh, screw 'em, we have a cup, they're bitter. They can say anything they want. Their season was over a while ago. Ours was over yesterday - with the Cup in our hands.

Then again, they do speak very wisely, saying things like, "F THE DEBBIES AND F THEIR F ING FANS." Very intelligent fans indeed. I'd take 13,000 smart people over 18,000 robotic hatemongers any day. I'm sorry, I take that back, one of my good friends at school is a Flyers fan, make that 17,999 robotic hatemonger fans. :)

When Flyers win with the trap, "NOW THAT'S GREAT HOCKEY!"

When anyone else wins with the trap, "IT'S SO FRIGGIN' BORING, IT'S RUINING THE NHL."

:lol::lol::lol: Have they forgotten who their coach is?

They got hit with a puck. I think. I saw it, down just to the right of the Ducks bench on the opposite side (the Penalty box side).

They were in the same row as me.

Happened pretty early, I think.

Closest we actually came to violence in the stands was during the celebration when Elias came over and threw his stick in the stands near me. About 8 guys were fighting over it.

Closest we actually came to violence in the stands was during the celebration when Elias came over and threw his stick in the stands near me. About 8 guys were fighting over it.

Yeah, Elias should've had pointed out a Fan and had an usher/security give it to them. Still, credit him for giving something to the fans. :evil: