Devils Cup Clinchers on NHL Network

RowdyFan42

I was watching Game 5 of the 1993 Cup Finals on NHL Network tonight (part of their "Raising the Cup" series) and they had a commercial for the Devils' first Cup win on Monday.

Here's the dates of the three Cup-clinching games (all times 8PM Eastern):

Monday, August 2: 1995 Game 4, Detroit at New Jersey

Monday, August 8: 2000 Game 6, New Jersey at Dallas

Thursday, August 12: 2003 Game 7, Anaheim at New Jersey

And, for the masochists among us:

Friday, July 30: 1994 Game 7, Vancouver at NY Rangers

Tuesday, August 10: 2001 Game 7, New Jersey at Colorado

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching Game 5 of the 1993 Cup Finals on NHL Network tonight (part of their "Raising the Cup" series) and they had a commercial for the Devils' first Cup win on Monday.

Here's the dates of the three Cup-clinching games (all times 8PM Eastern):

Monday, August 2: 1995 Game 4, Detroit at New Jersey

Monday, August 8: 2000 Game 6, New Jersey at Dallas

Thursday, August 12: 2003 Game 7, Anaheim at New Jersey

And, for the masochists among us:

Friday, July 30: 1994 Game 7, Vancouver at NY Rangers

Tuesday, August 10: 2001 Game 7, New Jersey at Colorado

Thx for posting this. I want to watch the cup clinchers but of course I am too lazy to figure out when they were on. Kudos to you.

This might be a stupid question but what service provides the nhl network. i have cablevision out here in middlesex and i dont think we have that station even offered :noclue:

I have it for Fios. You may just have to upgrade the sports package since that's what we needed to do for Time Warner

I have it for Fios. You may just have to upgrade the sports package since that's what we needed to do for Time Warner

how is it overall? i love the MLB network. i was just wondering if it was on par with that channel in terms of coverage and quality

I personally LOVE the NHL Network. It has some games during the season, has very cool documentary style things like the "Marty A Winner Above All Else" segment and the things they do with players where they follow them around away from the rink for a while. They also do a TON of reruns of playoffs form the year before as well as 3-4 classic NHL games a day on average during the summer. NHL on the Fly during the season is great for a recap of all things hockey for the day during the season giving extended highlights of all the games and then a preview of the games to come the next day briefly at the end of the segement.

Can't beat their coverage of the draft and of free agency either.

I personally LOVE the NHL Network. It has some games during the season, has very cool documentary style things like the "Marty A Winner Above All Else" segment and the things they do with players where they follow them around away from the rink for a while. They also do a TON of reruns of playoffs form the year before as well as 3-4 classic NHL games a day on average during the summer. NHL on the Fly during the season is great for a recap of all things hockey for the day during the season giving extended highlights of all the games and then a preview of the games to come the next day briefly at the end of the segement.

Can't beat their coverage of the draft and of free agency either.

damn i need to get this channel.. thanks for the response back :cheers:

Glad to see this, I was looking last night and saw it was the 94 Rags game, so I figured I'd scan ahead to see when the 95 Devs/Det game was on.

I scrolled forward to see there was none on Saturday and the 98 Det/Was game on Sunday!

I was like ,oh no way!

Then I couldn't scroll forward to Monday for some reason.

cheers.gif whew! smilydev.gif

how much did it cost for cablevision?

the Sports pak is 5.95 a month (about $72 a year). Center Ice is like $80 if you buy before the season starts. But you can't even purchase it right now I dont think. I think Center Ice is pointless anyway though. Nhl Network is all that really matters. I ordered Center Ice two years ago to watch Wild games but they barely ever even showed them. It's better to just watch other games on Justin.tv anyway.

the Sports pak is 5.95 a month (about $72 a year). Center Ice is like $80 if you buy before the season starts. But you can't even purchase it right now I dont think. I think Center Ice is pointless anyway though. Nhl Network is all that really matters. I ordered Center Ice two years ago to watch Wild games but they barely ever even showed them. It's better to just watch other games on Justin.tv anyway.

what is included in the sports pak

Every season I ponder purchasing Center Ice (it's called ESPN 360 BLA BLA something here), but I hold off on it and a few months into the season I'm glad I didn't. The streaming community is too good.

ESPN classic, ESPNU (college), Tennis, MLB, NHL, TVG (horse racing), Fuel (extreme sports), FCS Pacific - Central - Atlantic (college), Outdoor, Versus, GolTV (soccer), Golf, MAV (general man things), CBS College Sports, Big Ten, NBA

thanks....i think its definitely worth it

thanks....i think its definitely worth it

i moved back home after grad school to find my mom switched from cablevision to Fios. Fios is soooooo much better than cablevision especially for your dollar value.

that whole sports package was included with ours and we're saving a decent amount and getting more than we did with optimum.

if you can get it, give Fios a serious look.

i moved back home after grad school to find my mom switched from cablevision to Fios. Fios is soooooo much better than cablevision especially for your dollar value.

that whole sports package was included with ours and we're saving a decent amount and getting more than we did with optimum.

if you can get it, give Fios a serious look.

i've had so much problems with verizon specifically with their DSL service back then that I never bought into their FIOS technology. Also that 360 dollar cancellation fee scares me a bit

i've had so much problems with verizon specifically with their DSL service back then that I never bought into their FIOS technology. Also that 360 dollar cancellation fee scares me a bit

fair enough, but i've been home for about a month and a half now, the internet is faster than optimum, channels are better too.

i also dont get many of the garbage local cablevision commercials up here in rockland so its soooo nice not having my speakers get blown out since they never fix the audio in their on-air commercials.

fair enough, but i've been home for about a month and a half now, the internet is faster than optimum, channels are better too.

i also dont get many of the garbage local cablevision commercials up here in rockland so its soooo nice not having my speakers get blown out since they never fix the audio in their on-air commercials.

one of the main reasons I like cablevision is the News 12 channel hahaha

Now that we have 15 years to look back that Devils team was stacked but nobody knew it.

HOFers:

Stevens, Niedermayer, Brodeur

Borderline HOFers:

Lemieux, Broten

Proven veteran snipers:

MacLean, Richer

Budding young all stars:

Guerin, Rolston

Physical role players that weren't a liability:

Holik-Pelusso-MacKay

Savy veteran role players:

Carpenter, Chorske

That Devils team was as stacked as any of the cup winners have been in the last 20 years but the press didn't know it until after Game 3.