Former Devil Mike Danton seeks a return to the NHL

iamtheprodigy

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350149

One year after stepping back onto the ice at a frigid university arena, Mike Danton is dreaming of a bigger return to the game of hockey.

The former NHLer says he still wants to rejoin the fabled league, more than five years after he was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder in the United States.

Interesting story, though it's unlikely he'll ever make it back to the NHL.

Danton definitely deserves a second chance, but he just isn't good enough to get one. Most teams would be much happier using any 4th line grinder/energy player they have in their system than pick up Danton and have all the media/drama that goes along with it. You need to be a lot better than Danton to get a good second chance in professional sports.

I think he could have a career in the AHL if he wanted one.

I wish him the best. He's one of the many kids who got victimized by his agent. Not saying what he did was okay, but he's turned his life around and dealt with a lot of demons that were not of his creation. He deserves a second chance somewhere and, despite the acrimonious departure, I would have no problem seeing it happen here if we had any use for him.