Verizon / Cablevision MSG HD FCC fight continues...

PeteyNice

OR you can pay extra to that same cable company whittle it all down to the stuff that you actually want to watch via DVR or TiVo or whathaveyou--for a price you can enjoy all 15 minutes of what's sold to you as an hour of programming.

It's so true.. I always DVR "The Office" because in reality it's a 15 - 20 minute show with a ton of commercials.. It's almost funny in a not funny way ( :blink: ) to think that you're actually paying to be advertised to when you watch TV.. the only argument against that is you're paying less to be advertised to than if there were no commercials at all

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct - the NHL has no leverage and the TV deal is set for now.

I just got FiOS (just couldn't bear to give any money to the Dolans if I have an option) and am contemplating getting the center ice HD package. Not sure if they will black out the HD feed of Devil games. Anyone know?

For most of last year, the Dolans pulled the HD feed from Center Ice for all Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres games due to a disagreement with the NHL. So they would only supply the SD feed to Center Ice. I haven't heard if they worked it out for this year.

The Dolans are a$$holes with EVERYONE they do business with.

Edited by Z-Man

I still can't get Fios in my part of Brooklyn, but Time Warner fvcked me over one too many times and I switched to DirecTv. They did a bundle with Verizon for internet, and I'm paying a lot less than I was with Time Warner. Devils are on HD as long as they're not on MSG 3. I know dish isn't an option for some people, but I've been real happy.

I still can't get Fios in my part of Brooklyn, but Time Warner fvcked me over one too many times and I switched to DirecTv. They did a bundle with Verizon for internet, and I'm paying a lot less than I was with Time Warner. Devils are on HD as long as they're not on MSG 3. I know dish isn't an option for some people, but I've been real happy.

Don't you miss the Devils games on versus now though?

• 3 months later...

I have FIOS (switched from DirecTV after they lost VS.) and think the quality is right up there with DTV. The HD content (hockey excluded) is also much better. However, Center Ice shows one or two games in HD each day, which is garbage. Some days, there's no HD offered at all. That package would be worth the $180 I pay for it if every day, I could choose between HD home and away feeds for every game, but we're not remotely there yet.

Hopefully, this ruling against the Cockbag Dolans will help speed more Devils HD feeds into my living room, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ive had multi-room DVR since I had it installed last year.

I ordered Fios and when they came to install ( about a year ago) they said it did not exist and therefore I would need separate DVR's thus increasing (doubling) my monthly cost.. needless to say I cancelled the install

Comcast is awful but at least I get most Devils' games in HD

I ordered Fios and when they came to install ( about a year ago) they said it did not exist and therefore I would need separate DVR's thus increasing (doubling) my monthly cost.. needless to say I cancelled the install

Comcast is awful but at least I get most Devils' games in HD

I remember when I signed up for FiOS they said it was coming soon and offered us standard DVR for the time being (this was back in Spring of '08).. But as we speak I'm using the FiOS multi-room DVR in my house at school.. Have had it since September 09' when they offered it to us for free for 3 months, but who knows when it was first available..

Both houses I live in have FiOS haha

You're in Fairfield, right? I'm in Caldwell, at home, so we probably went for the install at the same time, but your people didn't know/say it was coming soon.. :noclue:

Edited by Colin226

They're basically saying "we think the FCC's ruling on letting FiOS have MSG-HD is bullsh!t, and even if the ruling stands, they still can't force us to let them have News 12 and other Cablevision-only channels".

They can keep the other channels but if they keep blocking MSG-HD ----> :kill:

The Devils should leave the MSG Family and start their own network. Arent't they part owners with the YES network?

No, they're not part of the YES Network since the Yankee group sold their portion of the team, I believe.

Also, the Devils don't really want to start their own network since they wouldn't have enough things to put on it and they get a gigantic amount of money from MSG for their game rights.

No, they're not part of the YES Network since the Yankee group sold their portion of the team, I believe.

Also, the Devils don't really want to start their own network since they wouldn't have enough things to put on it and they get a gigantic amount of money from MSG for their game rights.

What about switching to SNY?

• 2 weeks later...