adam oates

H.E. Pennypacker

Its hard to evaluate assistant coaches given we don't know exactly what they do. But yes our power play is horrid and draining the teams confidence each time they have to use it. I think its more of a confidence thing than execution thing at this point though, just like most of this teams problems.

Oates was also supposed to help with faceoffs I believe, I'm too lazy to look up how we're doing there..

Oates was also supposed to help with faceoffs I believe, I'm too lazy to look up how we're doing there..

Zajac winning 58.9%, Pelley winning 56%, Zubrus (in limited action) winning 50%, Sestito at 48.8%, Arnott winning 48.4%, Josefson at 42.9%, Mair at an astounding 37.5%.

Arnott and Zubrus are right where they usually are, but Zajac's up remarkably high (was at 53% last year). Pelley's a big jump, too (49% last year).

It's early, but there ya go.

I think its more of a confidence thing than execution thing at this point though, just like most of this teams problems.

I have to disagree 100%. My eyes see poor, no very poor execution. The Devils need to work on their passing. I am not sure I have seen any one touch passing at all. Also. no movement on the PP is killing it. No rotation off of the half wall/goal line. They don't open up any seams in the box. It goes on and on. My take: poor skating and poor passing = 2010 Devils. I won't even touch lack of finishing abilities.