Tedenby

ohms law

Mats Naslund had 26 goals and 71 points in his first full season in the NHL.

Tedenby has 1 goal (off his chest) and 5 points in his first full season.

Comparing Tedenby to Mats Naslund is a gigantic stretch. The only thing they have in common is that they are both small.

You should look at Naslund game from back in the day and tell me they aren't similar.

Also pretty foolish of you to compare statistics from the 1980's to today.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...yea, and no. I'm glad that he was allowed the opportunity to fail.

I wish that he hadn't failed.

He'll certainly never be Matts Naslund, but I do think that the potential is there. I just love the way that he never gives up out there on the ice. It's easy to understand why he's turned into a fan favorite, despite the lack of production.

perhaps the biggest wrong in that statement is that Mattias Tedenby will never be Mats Naslund. the both of them are waay different from another.

and now to what I was gonna say. I think it's probably for the best that Tedenby be done for the season. He's already a minus fifteen and we have somebody better in the form of Steven zalewski. If you saw his performance against Boston (y'know, before they got pummeled) he was doing pretty well. I didn't see him make too many mistakes out there. What Tedenby needs is to get back into the minors and get his game back. He's got potential, but it's just not there yet.

You know Mats Naslund is the guy that played for the Canadiens and not the guy who was on the Rangers for the twilight of his career.

I understand the "using stats from the 80's" thing completely, but...

Other than their size, I just don't see many similarities between Tedenby and Naslund.

I mean... from what I can remember, Naslund was a decent sniper. He played pretty good positional hockey (especially in a more rough and tumble era) and had an excellent shot. Tedenby, on the other hand... maybe it's the way he was being used, but his style of play is completely different. He works hard, digs in the corners, and hangs around the net. With his size, I think that's actually part of the problems that he's having. I give him tons of credit for trying to play that style, and being pretty good at it actually, but he just doesn't have the size for that game.

You should look at Naslund game from back in the day and tell me they aren't similar.

Also pretty foolish of you to compare statistics from the 1980's to today.

And it is very foolish if you comparing one of the best Swedish snipers of all time to tedenby.

They are both small and fast and Dan handle the puck well, so yes their style is similar but that is where it ends. Naslund could actually score without it having to go off his body.

Worse comparison of two players I have heard in quite some time and a huge insult to naslund.

I don't see who's giving up a lot for him. The Devils don't have a winger behind him in the system, at all. It's Tedenby, Palmieri, and basically nothing. David Wohlberg. Mike Hoeffel. Unless he's included in a trade for a young-ish winger in a similar spot, I don't see any advantage of moving him - if he dies on the vine here, so be it.

Have to agree with this. Devils forward depth and overall quality is lacking in the system with some age showing up on the wings.

I think it's highly likely that the Devils draft a winger in this year's draft unless they see a stud defenseman drop they can't pass up. Devils have guys like Zubrus, Elias, Sykora who are all in either approaching or in their mid 30s. This is also irrespective of the Parise situation this offseason.

And it is very foolish if you comparing one of the best Swedish snipers of all time to tedenby.

They are both small and fast and Dan handle the puck well, so yes their style is similar but that is where it ends. Naslund could actually score without it having to go off his body.

Worse comparison of two players I have heard in quite some time and a huge insult to naslund.

Check out Teddy goals last year and tell me he can't score. He is 22 years old and deserves the benefit of the doubt Elias didn't exactly tear it up at first when he was called up here.

Check out Teddy goals last year and tell me he can't score. He is 22 years old and deserves the benefit of the doubt Elias didn't exactly tear it up at first when he was called up here.

He would score a goal and then disappear for the next three to four games. Elias also improved with each year and could play both sides of the ice. There is a reason why three coaches have bounced him around the lower two lines.

I swear I have never seen so much love from fans over a player who played a solid 10, maybe 15 games a year ago.

It's all the effort that he obviously gives that people love. I love it as well, I admit it.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the skills yet.

Small guy like teddy needs to be a sniper at the NHL level. He's a top 6 guy or he's in the minors. There's really no place in between for a guy of his stature.

Tedenby was on the second line for a couple games and got nothing going.

It is not his linemates

Kovy, Parise and Henrique were together for sometime before they started gelling. I am still very high on Teddy, maybe he is having a horrible sophomore slump, but I sure hope to see him up here playing good minutes.

That's not really surprising, though. The kid has talent, he's just not finding a way to use it at the NHL level.

I fully expect him to tear up the AHL.

Kovy, Parise and Henrique were together for sometime before they started gelling. I am still very high on Teddy, maybe he is having a horrible sophomore slump, but I sure hope to see him up here playing good minutes.

Even when the henrique line was not gelling, they were getting some production . Tendency has had no production save a few assists and a goal that went off his chest

Again with the goal off the chest I could understand if that was his only career goal, but it isn't.

“You never get disappointed in a young player. You go through ups and downs,” Lamoriello said. “He’s got a tremendous amount of skill. He has to play 15-18 minutes a game to get his game and confidence back. He understands that. He is, without question, a top prospect. We forget how young they are.”

Edited by Beetlebum

yeah guys, Teddy had skills and one day its gonna pay off but he's not ready yet...

just look at the Flyers and Matt Read... buddy just made the NHL at 25 years old and he's among the best rookies and he's helping the club, im sure Teddy will be the same.

Also Teddy is usually playing on the 3rd line, i think with his style of play he should be playing on a top scoring line to be successful... probably a 2nd scoring line, he's probably to small and not strong enough yet to handle top dmen on a regular basis. That said eventhough i like him i wouldnt be oppose to trade him to get a good player that'd fit more with us and give him the chance to have a better carreer elsewhere... thats if we cant resign zach cause then we'll need some LWs...

Edited by SterioDesign

I agree with all the positive comments about Tedenby. He needs to build strength during the off season. I think he has talent and has been missed coached they haven't spent enough time with him like Lamaire did last season. I hope he isn't traded until we see what can happen with him. Maybe he will be part of a package deal with Parise.

“You never get disappointed in a young player. You go through ups and downs,” Lamoriello said. “He’s got a tremendous amount of skill. He has to play 15-18 minutes a game to get his game and confidence back. He understands that. He is, without question, a top prospect. We forget how young they are.”

Lou said it perfectly here.

Again with the goal off the chest I could understand if that was his only career goal, but it isn't.

Lou also said something similar about bergfors once upon a time

Well if we can get a Kovy-like player for Teddy+Tallinder+Urbom+1st (which i think is similar to what we gave up for Lovy) i'd be all for it

I agree and it will be the greatest contribution teddy has made for the organization.

I would not want to trade tallinder yet though

Edited by DevsMan84