120 replies to this topic

#81 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Henrique has to prove he wasn't a one hit wonder...

What does that even mean?

#82 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

What does that even mean?

He wasn't exactly ripping it apart in Albany...

#83 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

He wasn't exactly ripping it apart in Albany...

Larsson isnt either... i remember people here saying that he was way too good for that league... he's not even on the allstars roster...

www.SterioDesign.com

#84 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Larsson isnt either... i remember people here saying that he was way too good for that league... he's not even on the allstars roster...

Larsson should probably go back there for a while too...

#85 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Been a fan of Sal's since he first got here. Solid defenseman, never afraid to drop the mitts, sticks up for teammates, makes defense partners look good, rarely makes mistakes. His biggest flaw is that his face seems to be a magnet for pucks. The man is a solid pick to wear the C.

It's too bad that gif of his spear tackling JVR isn't still active, because it'd be perfect in this thread. The still shot will have to do ...

Posted Image

Oh captain, my captain!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#86 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Kevin Weekes had some great things to say about Bryce on NHL Tonight. He said it has a lot to do with the way Salvador prepares for a game, and then pointed out how he came back from a concussion that could have ended his career. You can really see the respect players have for him.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#87 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I've always liked Sal. I questioned his value/contract in the past, but as the year went on and he got his legs back after the concussion, he looked better and better. He always makes his partner look good, and he doesn't care about his stats at all. Great team player, commands respect, good fit for the job, especially after the Parise jilting.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#88 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

So this makes him the 2nd ex Blue we have made captain. And 3rd we got directly because of the Blues

#89 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Yes, and? All-Star Games determine who's actually good now? First of all, every team has to have an All-Star, so that reduces the available All-Star slots. Second, Larsson's game probably won't get him in All-Star Games in the NHL either - he's not going to put up loads of points - but he's going to be a top defender.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#90 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

So...when Salvador stinks, will they have the balls to scratch him?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#91 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

So...when Salvador stinks, will they have the balls to scratch him?

ಠ_ಠ

#92 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

ಠ_ಠ

:doh1: :lol:

believe2.jpg

#93 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yes, and? All-Star Games determine who's actually good now? First of all, every team has to have an All-Star, so that reduces the available All-Star slots. Second, Larsson's game probably won't get him in All-Star Games in the NHL either - he's not going to put up loads of points - but he's going to be a top defender.

and... i've seen flashes of greatness from Larsson but there's some things i don't like too, the worst is his speed, he's horribly slow. i'm still not convinced he'll be the great dman that some are projecting him. Hedman had the same hype and see now... he's been in the league for awhile now and bunch of younger guys like doughty, pitrelangelo, Karlsson etc etc just step in and have success almost right away. i know some great dman took time to become who they are but im still worried.

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 January 2013 - 08:19 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#94 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

and... i've seen flashes of greatness from Larsson but there's some things i don't like too, the worst is his speed, he's horribly slow. i'm still not convinced he'll be the great dman that some are projecting him. Hedman had the same hype and see now... he's been in the league for awhile now and bunch of younger guys like doughty, pitrelangelo, Karlsson etc etc just step in and have success almost right away. i know some great dman took time to become who they are but im still worried.

Those a "a bunch of younger guys" are arguably among the top 5-10 defensemen in the league. They are also 2-3 years older than Larsson. All of them had issues with their game in their first season. Larsson's footspeed can be improved.

Also, complaining about Hedman because he hasn't panned out according to the max projection (which in itself is ridiculous)...he's coming around. He had 20 points in 26 games in the KHL, has been above 20 points in all of his three NHL seasons. Guys with his size can take longer to adjust because of their frame.

believe2.jpg

#95 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Iginla

Has there been any others besides Iginla?

#96 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I believe Dirk Graham was the first.

Posted Image

Speaking of whom, is it just me of does he kinda look like Walter White now?

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#97 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Dirk Graham was bi-racial, I believe. He's is the first captain in NHL history of African-decent.

Edit... DIG beat me to it.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 18 January 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#98 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

You start splitting hairs on ethnicity, for some people Dirk Graham doesn't have enough black heritage to be black and for some people he does.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#99 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

You start splitting hairs on ethnicity, for some people Dirk Graham doesn't have enough black heritage to be black and for some people he does.

I thought he was splitting hairs too haha.. But I think he just posted the answer before realizing the person before him did it already..

#100 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Iginla and Salvador are both biracial too, so I guess there are some people who might say they don't "count" either. I say who cares, they are all of African descent. But there actually is a Wikipedia article about this if anyone's interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users