FHL adds the New Jersey Outlaws

twillms73

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I know a few guys that played in this league last season, maybe they can sign with this team so they don't have to travel as much to home games. I hope the team and league are successful long-term. And yea that is a nice logo, especially for a minor league team.

And it doesn't have a hockey stick or puck or something to blatantly hit you over the head that it's a hockey team. I wholeheartedly approve of that logo.

Haha so true, and it doesn't have the word "ice" in front of things that have nothing to do with ice, like the Ice Dogs, Ice Hogs, and Ice Bats!!

Colors are good and logo is decent, but what is the connection with the Outlaws and NJ? I mean I know they are trying to avoid Mafia-type names and what the picture shows is a late 1800's cowboy-ish outlaw a la Billy the Kid type of outlaw.

IDK maybe it is just me but that would make more sense if the team was located in Nevada or someplace out west.

Colors are good and logo is decent, but what is the connection with the Outlaws and NJ? I mean I know they are trying to avoid Mafia-type names and what the picture shows is a late 1800's cowboy-ish outlaw a la Billy the Kid type of outlaw.

IDK maybe it is just me but that would make more sense if the team was located in Nevada or someplace out west.

Yea the name doesn't make much sense, cool logo for the name though.

A lot of team names comes from the fact that it begins with the same letter as the name of the city or location where they play in. At least that is some (even though little) connection.

Outlaws has zero connection to the state and not even a play on words. It is an alright name but it sounds like the name of a roller-derby team or an XFL team.

While I prefer a team name have something to do with the area that the team is found it, you've always got to have some teams that choose a name just coz it sounds cool, too. Everything in moderation. We've got the Devils for a-steeped-in-Jersey-history-hockey-team-name, I'm okay with the Outlaws as a ridiculous, man-this-sounds-cool-and-check-out-our-wicked-logo-team-name.

A lot of team names comes from the fact that it begins with the same letter as the name of the city or location where they play in. At least that is some (even though little) connection.

Outlaws has zero connection to the state and not even a play on words. It is an alright name but it sounds like the name of a roller-derby team or an XFL team.

Better then the New Jersey Rock n Rollers.