Nashville Pred's New Logos

Quinn01

How about adding a white trim around the black shoulder areas on the dark jerseys and a red trim around the black shoulder areas on the white jersey?

Would kinda make them look like the old christmas jerseys but with our newer colors.

Maybe adding trim from the neck to the end of the black shoulder areas, like Boston, might work? Add a lace up neck and the shirts would make a nice modern upgrade without changing it too drastically and robbing the team of the "tradition" of the set.

I don't mind logos designed with state flags or elements in mind as long as it meshes in place with the team logo/colors/design. I think it's a mistake to go the route the Flames did on their shoulder patches and i am happy this sort of thing was not copycatted.

I wouldn't mind a secondary logo on the shoulders of the Devils uniforms or some minor tweaking of the uniform set (lace up neck would look good, IMO). I think it's high time to add some color/trim to the pants, too.

Fair enough... I was just thinking putting a mini state flag on the shoulders might look cool, especially considering the "Jersey's team" theme.

I definitely agree about the lace up neck. That would look nice. =]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts/NewJerseyDevils#5111996314767156114

Maybe just putting the state on the shoulder would look okay...idk though, I always though that a black jersey that still kept it really simple and "traditional" would be cool. Then again, I'm a pretty young Devils fan and fairly liberal when it comes to the team.

Take away the silly-looking tridents and you might have a winner there.

Take away the silly-looking tridents and you might have a winner there.

Agreed, I'm pretty sure the Jersey Devil did not have a trident. I'm not sure how I feel about the diamond behind the state outline too, gives it kind of a baseball feel in my opinion. I am against any changes to any part of the uniform, it is fine the way it is, they don't need to add anything to the pants or put in white trim around the shoulders just for the hell of it in my opinion. With that said, if they were to add something on the shoulders to more represent New Jersey like an outline of the state or even the state flag I think that would be cool.

I am against any changes to any part of the uniform, it is fine the way it is, they don't need to add anything to the pants or put in white trim around the shoulders just for the hell of it in my opinion. With that said, if they were to add something on the shoulders to more represent New Jersey like an outline of the state or even the state flag I think that would be cool.

They wouldn't be adding anything just for the hell of it. Tweaking the uniform without totally overhauling it for the present and future is something that would be able to be done without compromising it. Carolina is a great example of how a little shoulder trim made that set look alot better without overhauling it.

IMO, state flags and country flags should not belong on an NHL uniform. Save that for pee-wee, bantam, mite, or the Olympics.

Edited by SJP20

They wouldn't be adding anything just for the hell of it. Tweaking the uniform without totally overhauling it for the present and future is something that would be able to be done without compromising it.

State flags and country flags should not belong on a hockey uniform, period, unless the team is in pee-wee, mite, or the Olympics.

Eh while it wouldn't be a big overhaul, I like the uniform to remain the same from year to year.

Why do you think it's okay for a youth team to wear a state flag but not an NHL team?

Edited by devilsfan26

How about adding a white trim around the black shoulder areas on the dark jerseys and a red trim around the black shoulder areas on the white jersey?

Would kinda make them look like the old christmas jerseys but with our newer colors.

Ignore the third jersey, the numbering and the Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and it sounds like you're describing the template these were made with:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/R1r5AvFj0UI/AAAAAAAADUs/Af_n_eg4Ce8/s1600-h/New_Jersey_Devils_Uniforms2.png

http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/R1r5A_Fj0VI/AAAAAAAADU0/6E0QzTVszc4/s1600-h/Martin-Brodeur.png

Personally, I think that if those tweaks to the shoulder yokes were the only thing they changed from the current sweaters, they'd look pretty sharp.

Agreed, I'm pretty sure the Jersey Devil did not have a trident.

The Devils have done the pitchfork/hockey stick thing before with that red dude in the Devils Den and L-Devils logos.

LowellDevilsPRIMARY_0.JPG

My link

Here's a pretty interesting read. Now, it talks more about national flags rather then state flags, but the premise is still the same.

Yea that was a pretty good read, though I guess the point I was making is that it shouldn't matter whether the team is a professional team or a youth travel team. I understand the side of not having flags on uniforms, I don't disagree with it, I guess I'm just indifferent on this one. I think the outline of the state would look cooler and be more appropriate anyway though.

Not bad, but it would be better without the vertical piping. Also, aren't yellow jerseys typically considered away jerseys along with the whites? I don't think I've ever seen a team with a yellow jersey that also had a white jersey. It's always yellow and then some other color, for example Sweden has a yellow jersey and a blue jersey.

As far as the jerseys go, I can't say I like them. The yellow one doesn't look terrible but the "Nashville" text on both seems unnecessary and the vertical piping is even more unnecessary. The back of the jerseys, or at least the white one, looks too 'overdone' with the designs too. Just seems like way too much crap thrown in.

Edited by nmigliore

As far as the jerseys go, I can't say I like them. The yellow one doesn't look terrible but the "Nashville" text on both seems unnecessary and the vertical piping is even more unnecessary. The back of the jerseys, or at least the white one, looks too 'overdone' with the designs too. Just seems like way too much crap thrown in.

Just found a picture of the back of the white one. It is kind of busy, but overall I think it's alright. The things I would change are the yellow area above the name, the piping, and on the white jersey I would change the yellow to blue for more contrast.

EDIT: Here's the picture Ve2Lx.jpeg

Edited by devilsfan26