Devils vs. Islanders 5:00 PM

poohbear

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it wasn't pretty (except when the EGG line was on the ice) but I'll take it, especially given that it's only our second win over a playoff team in two months and it puts us two points back of the Flyers with three games left.

Let's just hope the Friesen and Marshall injuries aren't serious...we don't need this team to have a 2002-like injury list going into the playoffs :P

Wow what a SMALL game thread !!! :blink:

guess everyone was there

now if only Uno's hadn't been so GODDAMN SLOW WITH MY PIZZA !!!!!

:argh::argh: (morons !!!) :soap:

I really wanted to meet people today too... ack !!!

Little G with the GWG. That a boy!!

Actually, per the NHL's strange stat rules, I believe Elias gets the GWG because he put the Devs ahead to stay (this was how the GWRBI stat from baseball worked also before it was dumped). The good news is that Elias is now tied for the NHL lead for GWG (he and Sundin both have 10).

I also just got back from the game. Nice crowd as Stubbs mentioned, but a lot of Isles fans accounting for it.

finally a win against a playoff bound team!

My only real comment of the night is how impressive Martin looks on the ice. He just looks and plays confident, I am loving this guy more and more.

Of course my entire section had to be Isles fans, but whatever :P

Holy crap, we finally beat a playoff team. This must be the first time ever.

Secondly -- Jan Hrdina looked awful tonight.

Ergh, I was pissed off after the Devils nearly blew it a couple times (especially with ANOTHER late period goal...wtf?!?!?), but they outplayed the Isles for the majority of the game. Good deal. I'm satisfied.

It never fails when I go to a Rangers or Islanders game I have a entire row of their most obnoxious fans behind me. :argh:

Great crowd though it was dead for most of the game. This was not pretty by any stretch but at this point in the season I could care less. They won and beat a playoff team. FINALLY!

I'm getting sick and tired of these late and early period goals this team likes to give up. The 1st one Marty gave up I thought was soft. Should have had that. But they got the win which is all I care about.

DM I agree with you 100%. Martin is starting to become one of my favs on this team. He looks very poised out there.

There were some Isles fans in my section, but they were tame. The one guy that did get in a fan's face after the late 1st period goal, quieted considerably and was downright depressed at the final buzzer, which was delayed. That was pretty funny, the clock is at zero and everyone is starting to leave then notices the players are still on the ice. Everyone just froze wondering WTF and then 1.8 is put back up.

I thought the crowd was great, a few lulls but hey gotta rest the vocal cords. I especially appreciated the standing ovation for Marty when they showed the montage of the milestones to his 400th win. :clap:

It was a good game, and I never left my seat during a period, oh except when I had to make sure I got my 5 year old his picture with Sponge Bob. :rolleyes: