Hollywood Devils

NJD Jester

Hearing the David "Gotta Support The Team" Puddy episode of Seinfeld was going to be rerun, it got me wondering where else the Devils have been featured on TV, or in movies or music.

Off the top of my head:

- Aforementioned Seinfeld episode

- The Sopranos (AJ has a Devils trashcan in his bedroom)

- The infamous Kris Kross "Jump, Jump!" video, in which they wore NJD jerseys backwards.

- "Clerks," as the great Jeff Anderson rocks an NJD hat while working at the video store.

Anywhere else?

<JESTER>

I recall some lame series my wife was watching some years ago and the main character Paul Sorvino (who sang the anthem at games) was a toll taker - someone w/a rangers bumpersticker gives him some crap at the booth and he promtly yells back " Oh yeah -who's got the cup now baby??" :evil:

There's this really crappy Angelina Jolie movie called Hackers (it also starred one of the guys from Trainspotting), she wore a Devils' jersey in the movie.

Crappy or not, if anyone can find a screencap of that I'll kick the MST3K avatar to the curb!

<JESTER>

I have it in the collection. I'll get a screencap when I go back to school.

There's this really crappy Angelina Jolie movie called Hackers (it also starred one of the guys from Trainspotting), she wore a Devils' jersey in the movie.

Crappy or not, if anyone can find a screencap of that I'll kick the MST3K avatar to the curb!

<JESTER>

I have it in the collection. I'll get a screencap when I go back to school.

Listen, I don't wanna come off as some pooftah here, but that scene at the end of Hackers where Jolie and TRainspotting are in the swimming pool after the day is saved is incredibly romantic. And I've always been partial to the name Crash Override.

OK, back to being a curmudgeonly cynic.

<JESTER>

Well like I said in the other thread the WWE's Edge is a proud Devils fan and he did a

lot of gloating during the Devils Cup run last year on his column he was writing for

WWE.com, but it was cool to see him taunting all his Leaf fan pals in the column :D

Well like I said in the other thread the WWE's Edge is a proud Devils fan and he did a

lot of gloating during the Devils Cup run last year on his column he was writing for

WWE.com, but it was cool to see him taunting all his Leaf fan pals in the column :D

So this is true? Interesting. Did he ever give any insights on the origin/reasons for being/becoming a fan...considering he is from TO? Just hated the Leafs and picked the Devils? Or is there something more to it?

Edge...now one of my new favs in WWE!

And someone please gimme the gist of RVD's video--is it funny. And why RVD? He is from Michigan and prolly a DRW fan. I am from Chicago and have never had the pleasure of taking in a game at the CAA so I don't know what you guys are referring to--but I get the idea...hype-up the crowd/make some noise fill-ins during time-outs and stoppages. But how high is this RVD video on the unintentional comedy scale? Gotta be pretty high up there considering his--shall I say, limited--mic skills on WWE TV. :evil:

So this is true? Interesting. Did he ever give any insights on the origin/reasons for being/becoming a fan...considering he is from TO? Just hated the Leafs and picked the Devils? Or is there something more to it?

Edge...now one of my new favs in WWE!

And someone please gimme the gist of RVD's video--is it funny. And why RVD? He is from Michigan and prolly a DRW fan. I am from Chicago and have never had the pleasure of taking in a game at the CAA so I don't know what you guys are referring to--but I get the idea...hype-up the crowd/make some noise fill-ins during time-outs and stoppages. But how high is this RVD video on the unintentional comedy scale? Gotta be pretty high up there considering his--shall I say, limited--mic skills on WWE TV. :evil:

He mentioned it in one of his columns I wish I could remember... but if his stuff is

still listed on WWE.com he did a weekly "the Edge-a-cution of Adam Copeland" thing

on the page while he was recovering 16 months from neck surgery he explained how

and why around when we won the Cup last year.. and what was he gonna do root

for the Leafs ?? :evil:

yeah RVD looks pretty high in the video as always... he does the whole "thumbs"

and this ir Rob.. Van ... Dam... blah blah... I can't hear you... make noise... so on

(he did it prolly at a Raw at CAA or when they had King of the Ring here and that

SICK Shane vs Kurt Angle brutal through the glass streetfight match !! (one of my

all time faves though the stuff Angle does to his neck.. my GOD), but the RVD clip is

pretty bad and you just wanna tote and go duuudddddddeeeeeee to it :lol:

they had Jericho do one too I saw once... I wish they'd have kept that.. Jericho can

OWN a crowd when he has time... I know the Islanders have one from HHH.. they can

have him :P

now if only they'd get Kurt Angle to do one... oh happy day that would be !

:P there is also that one DVD thats all about them "Stanley cup PLayoffs 03" or something .. hehe

Actually i just wanted to comment that I really like the Bud Light commercials.. someone commented that they didnt.. Bring the mullet back baby... Hockey Rules!

• 4 weeks later...