Best Devil-related Quotes

Jerrydevil

I dont remember what exactly was said but it was one of Gomez's first intermission interviews and he said something like.. "we needed to get our $hit going." Matt looked at him and said this was live I think lol.

Ace one is my fav also

Gomer also had one of those slips in the 2000 playoffs against the leafs.

I'm pretty sure it was game 3 where Gomer said something like "I'm just glad to finally get on the fu^&ing board," after his first or second period goal.

Zam:

I'll partake no further on said thread if Claude bashing is to continue. Doesn't anyone else besides myself and ^7^ like Claude?!

Heck I loved the REAL #22. I don't love when people make him the ONLY reason we ever won, but I was a big fan of #22, even after the contract fiasco in '96. I was a big fan of #89 too ironically enough but same deal...I don't like when people make him the only reason we ever scored :P

BTW, this thread's definitely cute. The Larry quote's my favorite since it was so atypical and since his meltdown turned around that series. Some of the Claude ones are classic :)

One that hasn't been mentioned yet, the Holik quote last year where he said the replay officials "must have been eating snacks" when they dissalowed a goal he should have scored, something like that.

First, just wanted to say that just because I was quoting Claude doesn't mean I hate him. He's just had some classics over the year.

Here's another from Gomer (from a team motivational/bonding session his rookie year, when asked his goal): "To date a model."

I guess you can say he knew his priorities.

Claude was always liked by me when he played for the Devils. Best memory of him was the 1995 playoff series against the Flyers when he ripped one past Hextall for a game winner. The look of disappointment of the Flyers fan faces was; priceless.

I never got the impression that any posters hated Claude Lemieux in reading this thread. I only got the impression that a lot of opposing players hated him. :D

I am a HUGE Claude Lemieux supporter, love the way he plays. I don't have the exact quote, but Lemieux said from the moment his career started, he knew he'd never be the player cheered by fans around the league.

We have a guy who went to the Lemieux school, Mike Danton. I'm hoping Danton can do some good things for us, too -- be hated around the league and liked by Devil fans. Just relax, and enjoy the Kool-Aid once in a while, Mike.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet, the Holik quote last year where he said the replay officials "must have been eating snacks" when they dissalowed a goal he should have scored, something like that.

That WAS pretty funny, even if I dislike alot of the other crap A$$holik has said. Wasn't that the goal they didn't allow that would have let him have a hat trick or something too?

I'm going with the "Ace" thing, just cuz Mary-o completely had a meltdown :lol:

Larry after the Devs went down 3-1 in the ECF in 2000:

"Until they get it through their THICK skulls that our way is the right way, we aren't going to be successful and we aren't going to have success. If the game was that easy, they wouldn't need coaches, they would need just players."

Well said!! Great quote...that's going in the sig. haha

I don't remember it exactly or who said it but it was something like first time I ever saw the name of that penalty fitting the crime. On Ftorek throwing the bench and getting a bench minor.

Devils goalie Martin Brodeur on coach Robbie Ftorek's bench-throwing incident that got him a one-game suspension and a $10,000 fine: "It's the first time that I can recall calling a bench minor penalty that really fit the crime."

Rob Niedermayer on what would happen if he boarded this brother Scott: "I'd have to answer to my mom."

:lol::lol::lol:

hell with answering to his mom, that little bugger would have to answer to MOI if he boarded my baby!! lmao

i saw that one the other day haha