Flyers VS Devils Game Thread, 7pm METRO

djstubbs

Brodeur has not been good let alone great. The devs aren't getting any offensive pressure from anyone other than EGG. They should lose this series unless both of that changes. Freisen? Kozlov? Langs? Madden? Rafalski? Too many good players not contributing. And Brodeur. Bah, no chance at a Veznia with this performance. He is just sucking hard.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brodeur has not been good let alone great. The devs aren't getting any offensive pressure from anyone other than EGG. They should lose this series unless both of that changes. Freisen? Kozlov? Langs? Madden? Rafalski? Too many good players not contributing. And Brodeur. Bah, no chance at a Veznia with this performance. He is just sucking hard.

i thought playoffs didnt influence vezina

The Vezina has already been voted for, playoffs do not weigh in at all.

Devils beat by REBOUND

Marty not the edge, probably tired played too many games during the season.

PP was as usual POOR NON-EXISTENT

I don't want Stevens back for game 5, Philly will zero in on him.

Philly hammered the Devils wore them out made them nervous.

Game 5 Devils have nothing to lose so go all out. If they use Stevens as an excure they are using the wrong person.

First - the series is not over!

Second, look what this team has done this year! We made the playoffs with a very different, very inexperienced defense. I've said it before, I would much rather see these young guys develop and have this "off" year.

Plus, do you really think the guys don't want to win? They looked tired tonight but I highly doubt they weren't trying!

boy o boy, same ol story with you posters..

Defense was fine, they gave up those 2 goals in the third because they were putting the d man into the zone deep. turning on marty like he never brought you 3 cups, saying he is no good, its a disgrace, stick behind your team, no faith what so ever with you people, sometimes i wonder if you are even fans, being season ticket holders doesnt qualify u as fans people, gotta root for ur team through thick and thin. just annoyed with the way people react when we dont win everygame, its the same ol cliche "what have you done for me lately"

btw, dont get so defensive when you read this, just venting.

The problem is Devils are getting beat by a better team in all aspects of the game. Flyers just have better size, better skill both on 'O' and on 'D' and god forbid better, and fresher goaltending. So, say what you want but while Lou sits on his fat ass Clarke goes and gets really solid players like Markov, Malakhov, Zhamnov, Ragnarsson, Amonte, etc, etc.

and also, ill give esche SOME props, but the way u people talk about him saying he is god, the devils have 1 TRue goal scorer (elias) all the others get the ugly goals, they get the rebounds or deflections, they have no finishers, whenever we dont score u say the same thing everytime bout the other goalie , remember mike dunham.....

My god. The Devils didn't lose because of Brodeur. Hell, they didn't lose because of anyone playing bad. They lost because of Robert Esche. He was the reason your team lost.

And let's see: first goal was thru traffic and Brodeur got a leg on it but no one took Johnsson. So that was not a bad goal.

second goal was an odd-man rush. What's Brodeur supposed to do there when there's a Flyer on his other side? Zhamnov just deked him.

third goal Primeau redirected and got.

Brodeur made some great saves when it was 1-0 on Primeau and LeClair.

He gave them a chance but Esche made a lot of ridiculous saves in the second.

Honestly, I thought the Devs dominated most of it. Unfortunately, that first minute and a half killed them. I also think the Flyers came out a little more desperate at the start of the third which might have been a turning point.

Bicek was great. Best Devil the entire game. But i didn't see many Devils who didn't give maximum effort. They just were stoned.

Esche was good made good stops, but throw in some Devilitis also: hit the crest or the pad, or if you can't do that miss the net completely. BTW I felt I was watching the game in Philadelphia. Myself and my godson were the only Devils fans in the entire row. The entire row above me was Flyer fans also.

I saw the gathering near Mrs. Fields but my godson had to use the restroom, by the time we got back the period had started and everyone was gone.