BREAKING: Coach Burns has Colon Cancer

Elias Sports Bureau

Yeah, I'm worried too.

You know you're in trouble when you have to hope it's about him resigning on his own. But I keep thinking about the team-only meetings and the unsubstantiated rumors of team strife.

I gotta say I love Burns as a coach. So I hope the very best for him personally and I hope it's nothing serious and just an ill-timed cold.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do they do conferences about family stuff??

i'm worried its a really bad health issue..

anyone know where I can catch the press conference?

it wouldn't be family related... although Scotty Stevens related did cross my mind, but everyone seems to be focusing on Burns so I think not.

I'd watch ESPN News or other all-sports channels... dunno if they would be holding the conference live on TV though...

it's got to be health related this is terrible i hope he pulls through it

i hope he makes us all look stupid tommorrow though we some meaningless press conference though. heres to hope.

I agree, I doubt News 12 will have it. ANd I doubt it's something meaningless, although I pray your right... TSN, SPortsNetwork, and other sources wouldn't put this up that quickly for a non-hockey related nothing press conference... :saddevil:

He certainly showed he had an cold or flu. He was coughing and not looking healthly.

Strange timing but with Lou & his communications one never knows.

If the Devils are dumping him, the first round and your out wasn't his fault.

Philly was a better team.

Devils lacked so much. They needed Marty to have some great games and Marty didn't I think he was 15th in GAA for playoff goalies. The offense scored 9 goals in 5 games. Rafalski should have been resting instead of playing after broken leg he came back too soon. Nieder was burned out from all his play during end of season and playoffs. One line never works. Lack of offensive talent. PP that doesn't work except one game and they won that one. lacking in size and muscle. It was a team failure including LOU who didn't do his part.

Burns shouldn't be blamed in anyway for a first round and they are out.

I sincerely hope it isn't a medical issue for him or that a medical issue is used as an excuse for something else..... LOU.

True, Don, but this team is pretty schitzo in the way it reacts to adversity. Sometimes they rise above, sometimes they wallow in their sorrows.

It was just a theory, I mean...it's plausible, I suppose, but I'm not saying that's an excuse or even the reason WHY things happened the way they did.

ANd yes, they've not been so great since Stevens went down, but near the end of the season they looked damn good. Once the series started, that all went down the crapper. It was just crazy how quickly a hot team went ice cold.

Depending on what the team knew and when they knew it I'd definitely buy it. I mean dealing with the Stevens bs is bad enough, now their coach being sick? They surely were exhaused physically (particularly Marty and Nieds), this kinda thing added on top of the Stevens nonsense would indicate the whole team was exhausted mentally as well IMO.

I hope he's okay - I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours. I wonder if they will allow questions or if they will just issue a statement.

Not to take anything away from Burns - I do hope that if Lou is indeed there he addresses the Stevens health issues too.

Whatever happens I hope we get enough information to satisfy us as fans, but that Burns also can have some privacy.