Trades that never Happenend

redruM

This is a tough one, becuase of the rumors we hear and not really sure what is real or contrived...

There was a time before Arnot went to Dallas that the MArleau rumors were rampant, Not sure what it would have taken, but would have loved to have gotten Patrick....

Well there was the rumors of us getting Nieuwendyk back when Calgary was shopping

him... but knowing what we know now and what Calgary got it proabably would have

cost us Elias ^_^

i can think of one that drove fans nuts here.

gomez and tverdovsky scratched at the deadline vs thrashers.

both were expected to go to the sharks for sturm and i think damphousse. there might have been another person too. but i'm pretty sure it was damphousse that turned down the deal and not selanne.

Yeah I doubt they would part with Drury as well, but this thread is about the Trades that never happened and the last 2 deadlines, there were rumors of Lou trying to get Drury that never happened, with so many names thrown in, that's why I just said "Anyone for Drury."

When he was on the Flames, he was rumored to come here. And this past year, while on the Sabres, he was rumored to come here as well.

Anybody for Drury.

I would use the same three words except the word "BUT" between the first and third.

(This is the standard ESB statement for the more recent peeps.)

I really don't understand why more people don't hold grudges. I don't want Hatcher, don't want Domi, don't want ex-Flyers, don't want ex-Rangers. To paraphrase Annie Savoy, I'm essentially monogamous. ;)

And that Elias-Morrison for Weight woulda been MONGO bogus!!!

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

Elias for Iginla

Gomez for Lecavalier

Morrison for Messier

Niedermayer for Bure

Gomez for V Bure

I don't necessarily wish any of these happened. Just listing a few old proposals.

These deals were actually on the table? Well as much as I love Elias (my favorite player) Iginla is better. Gomez for Lecavalier would absolutely be ripping off the Lightning. Morrison for Messier? :noclue: