Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

I see it as...

Henrique Loktionov Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Weiss Clarkson(???)

Carter Josefson Bernier

Josefson could be shifted to left wing if necessary, Gionta centers fourth line (sigh). Zubrus can be shifted to third line if we get a top 6 forward.

This is my wish list though.

Stalberg Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Zubrus

Henrique Weiss Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

Mmm whoever sign weiss will have to pay a nice price, way more than what u should pay a 3rd line center and i doubt hed sign somewhere to play on a 3rd line...

I also think deboer should figure out who hes gonna keep on the wing between henrique and josefson... Both can do it, lokti cant. But we need to develop JJ we cant leave him on a 4th line playing limited minutes.

Also we signed tedenby to a 1 way contract so hes gonna have to be in the lineup and hes gonna have go play on the 2nd line at least if we really want him to produce. Hes not a 3rd/4th line guy at all.

Well its my opinion anyway...

I see it as...

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Weiss Clarkson(???)

Carter Josefson Bernier

Josefson could be shifted to left wing if necessary, Gionta centers fourth line (sigh). Zubrus can be shifted to third line if we get a top 6 forward.

Stalberg Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Zubrus

Henrique Weiss Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

Weiss would be the center of the 1st or 2nd lines. There's not even a debate. He's more of a #1 than even Zajac is. 

I see it as...

Elias Zajac Zubrus

??? Weiss Clarkson(???)

Carter Josefson Bernier

Stalberg Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Zubrus

Henrique Weiss Clarkson

Carter Josefson Bernier

This is certainly a "wish list" of fantasy proportions.

Gio and Tedenby will certainly be in the starting lineup come game one. That essentially leaves a UFA slot if Clarkson does indeed boogie. Weiss nor Stalberg are coming in to fill that slot.

Weiss would be the center of the 1st or 2nd lines. There's not even a debate. He's more of a #1 than even Zajac is. 

Of course the centers and wingers are interchangeable, just saying that forward group would be very solid. Pipe dream though.

Im really hoping for stalberg or raymond or clarkson. Id like horton but his concussion issues is worrying me a little. Thats the last thing we'd need.

Wonder what kind of player we could get for a package of tallinder+urbom+josefson... Or something long those lines... If were not gonna convert JJ or henrique to wing full time one can be expendable and bring us a decent player through trade. 2 players that id want to keep but at the same time if it could secure some depth on the wings.

Of course the centers and wingers are interchangeable, just saying that forward group would be very solid. Pipe dream though.

I hear you. Yes, definitely a pipe dream.

I do not think Weiss is far fetched though. Both his and Horton's long history with DeBoer (long before Florida) could play a factor in a decision to come here.

I hear you. Yes, definitely a pipe dream.

I do not think Weiss is far fetched though. Both his and Horton's long history with DeBoer (long before Florida) could play a factor in a decision to come here.

If were getting a center lets hope to god that he'll mesh with kovy.

"@ToddCordell: #Panthers beat writer @hfialkov tells me Nathan Horton & Pete DeBoer didn't have a very good relationship in Florida. So forget Horton to NJ"

Not unsurprising. I've felt Weiss was our only shot at a former Panther since the UFA talk began. Horton left a coach he's known since he was a child very unceremoniously.

I'm curious why Dan Cleary has never been mentioned as a possibility.  He's getting up there is years, but you might be able to sign him for something reasonable. 

I would have no complaints with Cleary as a third line option. Doesn't really replace Clarkson though.

I would have no complaints with Cleary as a third line option. Doesn't really replace Clarkson though.

He would replace Poni and probably cost more. I look at someone like Cleary as someone that we pick up late in free agency after other options have been exhausted. I'd rather take a shot at someone like Mason Raymond for the same role who is a little younger and a bit more upside.

And the Leafs just continue with the stupid

Dreger:

Bozak contract talks expected to resume today with Leafs. Proposal on the table believed to be 8 years at less than $5 mil per.

8 years for Tyler Bozak lololo

Edited by ghdi

I'm curious why Dan Cleary has never been mentioned as a possibility.  He's getting up there is years, but you might be able to sign him for something reasonable. 

Lot of wear on his body and he fills the same role Dainius Zubrus does as a catch-all player who doesn't do much great but who doesn't do much poorly.  Also had a giant drop in his numbers.  I don't want any part of a Detroit free agent (except Ian White)

I'm real surprised Damien Brunner hasn't re-signed in Detroit yet, I think he'd be a good fit here if NJ got rid of Zidlicky - I believe he plays the point on the PP.  5 forwards is always a bit dicey but NJ's done it some years and it hasn't killed them.