Anyone going to Oct 9th in Philly?

jerseysteve

It does, although it's a bit pricey.  You can save yourself a decent chunk of change if you take NJ Transit to Trenton, and then transfer to Septa which goes to 30th Street Stations.

IIRC, isn't 30th Street Station nowhere near the sports complex? There'd likely have to be a costly cab ride across town

IIRC, isn't 30th Street Station nowhere near the sports complex? There'd likely have to be a costly cab ride across town

You can take the subway to the sports complex as well, although that's what I remember from long, long ago.  But either way, whether it's Amtrak or Septa, you're still going to 30th Street Station. 

Going to Philly from NJ by train is not worth it no matter how much $ you save.  It is a headache and you can see there is no direct route there.

Just go down 95 and head right to the complex.  I actually think its as easy to get to the sports complex at East Rutherford as it is in Philly.

Going to Philly from NJ by train is not worth it no matter how much $ you save. It is a headache and you can see there is no direct route there.

Just go down 95 and head right to the complex. I actually think its as easy to get to the sports complex at East Rutherford as it is in Philly.

yea you're 100% correct here, the stadiums are extremely convenient to drive to.. BUT if the problem is drinking and driving then you should look at previous posts

The Devils were planning a bus trip for season ticket holders, but cancelled it due to lack of interest..  Its too bad, would've been nice to have 50 Devils fans sitting together in Philly.  Some people, including myself and some friends, still bought tickets through the Devils -- Section 106 -- for $90.

Driving down tomorrow afternoon...  stopping for a cheesesteak and a couple beers in the parking lot before the game.

The Devils were planning a bus trip for season ticket holders, but cancelled it due to lack of interest.. Its too bad, would've been nice to have 50 Devils fans sitting together in Philly. Some people, including myself and some friends, still bought tickets through the Devils -- Section 106 -- for $90.

Driving down tomorrow afternoon... stopping for a cheesesteak and a couple beers in the parking lot before the game.

Do you know if there are any more tickets?

Not sure, contact the Devils...  I'm sure they had to return unused allotment to the Flyers at some point.  If you want to buy through the Flyers, they are $111.  Section 106, purchase tickets in furthest row from the ice if you want to sit near Devils fans -- shows 2 available in Row 26, 3 available in Row 25 on Flyers website:

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?linkID=global-wachovia&ticketCode=GS:WACH:FL2014:FL01:&groupCode=FL-IND14&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&cgc=&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

Not sure, contact the Devils... I'm sure they had to return unused allotment to the Flyers at some point. If you want to buy through the Flyers, they are $111. Section 106, purchase tickets in furthest row from the ice if you want to sit near Devils fans -- shows 2 available in Row 26, 3 available in Row 25 on Flyers website:

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?linkID=global-wachovia&ticketCode=GS:WACH:FL2014:FL01:&groupCode=FL-IND14&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&cgc=&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

Thanks for the info.

Septa rail from Trenton goes into Suburban station which connects to the Broad St Line so no need to get off at 30th st unless you're going by Amtrak or Megabus. I live close to and travel to Philly often so I should know.

So better to take septa from Trenton to suburban station and I'll only have to take one subway?

From 30th Street Station via the SEPTA Subway:

Take the Market Frankford Line (blue) eastbound toward Frankford Terminal, get off at the 15th & Market Street Stop and transfer to the Broad Street Line (orange) southbound toward Pattison. Get off at the last southbound stop, AT&T Station (Pattison Avenue).

Thats exact for you

So better to take septa from Trenton to suburban station and I'll only have to take one subway?

Yep. Unless you're taking Amtrak which is faster but more expensive(which then you will have to take 2 other trains as listed above). Here's the schedule for the Trenton line http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/tre.pdf

You might wanna buy 2 tokens inside Suburban Station at one of the sales booths before walking over to the subway. Saves you time and about a dollar round trip.

Edited by Marv4Life

Yep. Unless you're taking Amtrak which is faster but more expensive(which then you will have to take 2 other trains as listed above). Here's the schedule for the Trenton line http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/tre.pdf

You might wanna buy 2 tokens inside Suburban Station at one of the sales booths before walking over to the subway. Saves you time and about a dollar round trip.

Looks like Septa doesn't go right from Trenton to suburban station. I have to get off at 30th st to transfer anyway