Who's worse than the Devils?

Triumph

The problem with this is assessment is that it's being done in the middle of the season. For example, Edmonton might not be much worse than NJ but they're basically guaranteed to finish lower because of their performance to date. If you want the Devils to have a high(er) pick, the silver lining is that they've played 2-3 more games than most of these teams. So by the time the games even out, whenever that may be, hopefully some of these teams build their lead or catch us.

Teams that will definitely finish lower than us:

Edmonton

Carolina

Buffalo

Teams that we'll be around:

Philly

Arizona

Avs

Sens

Calgary (7 more points, but they are pretty bad)

The problem with this is assessment is that it's being done in the middle of the season. For example, Edmonton might not be much worse than NJ but they're basically guaranteed to finish lower because of their performance to date. If you want the Devils to have a high(er) pick, the silver lining is that they've played 2-3 more games than most of these teams. So by the time the games even out, whenever that may be, hopefully some of these teams build their lead or catch us.

Teams that will definitely finish lower than us:

Edmonton

Carolina

Buffalo

Teams that we'll be around:

Philly

Arizona

Avs

Sens

Calgary (7 more points, but they are pretty bad)

All due respect, I don't think you can even say "definitely" at this juncture. probably, maybe, hypothetically

Points notwithstanding, comparing us to an Western Conference team is not really fair. The West is way better than the east and therefore has touger competition. I have no doubt in my mind that CGY would be in a playoff spot right now if they were in the east. And while COL, ARZ and EDM aren't exactl killing it, they would more than likely be ahead of us in the EC.

Philly's offense is world's better than ours, thats a fact.  it has to be said though that we probably have 4 defenseman that could be there number 1 dman haha.  still though, i'd bet money they finish ahead of us.

right now we're the 5th worst teams but, like its been said, we have at least 2-3 games in hand on most of these teams.  who knows what happens, we could go on a trend in either direction, we're still just half way through the season with only 9 points separating the devils from the worst team in the league

They have a horrendous defense and if Mason's out, bad goaltending.  I'm not at all sold on Kinkaid longterm.

Supposedly his injury isn't terribly serious

Kinkaid looks to be legit. This isn't Wade Dubielewicz getting lucky having the puck hit him. He has remarkable quickness. This is a totally different Kinkaid from what I've seen in Albany highlight videos from years passed.

I want the Devils to be as bad as possible this season.  I want us to be in the best possible position to get either McDavid or Eichel or any one of the other top 5 picks.  Wins are meaningless now and limping our way into the playoffs would be the worst possible outcome for this team.

Agreed, 100%.  If you're going to be awful (and this team is pretty awful), might as well be truly awful and do what's best for the future.  

You just know this team's going to put a win streak together though at some point and screw themselves out of a top-5 pick.

Supposedly his injury isn't terribly serious

Kinkaid looks to be legit. This isn't Wade Dubielewicz getting lucky having the puck hit him. He has remarkable quickness. This is a totally different Kinkaid from what I've seen in Albany highlight videos from years passed.

This is what would make me think the opposite of your statement.  I think he is off to a fast start but I want to see him how he does on his 15th-20th starting game.

This is what would make me think the opposite of your statement.  I think he is off to a fast start but I want to see him how he does on his 15th-20th starting game.

Agree.

This is what would make me think the opposite of your statement. I think he is off to a fast start but I want to see him how he does on his 15th-20th starting game.

This. A rookie coming in is pumping adrenaline. I want to see how he does after a few games, and how he reacts to adversity. Let's see how he plays the game after he gets blown out for the first time

This. A rookie coming in is pumping adrenaline. I want to see how he does after a few games, and how he reacts to adversity. Let's see how he plays the game after he gets blown out for the first time

Also how he adjusts once scouts pick up on holes or deficiencies that show themselves a bit. Marty always alluded to how you had to sometimes keep changing your approach a bit as a goalie to certain players and situations so that you made them guess moreso than you guessing. You obviously want to use sound mechanics and not play sloppy, but playing goalie is sometimes a roller coaster ride.

Im dont like the tank idea... But the reality is we lost our two superstar inside of two years. We need a new star and mcdavid would be our star. Our guy. If we are draftibg later ( between 5 to 15) i want svechnikov. Im sold on him. But again we can dream about macdavid or eichel. Those 2 would bring our new identity as a team.