Now Elias Has The Mumps

Jimmy Leeds

Yeah really, who gives a fvck. Someone else can fill in his role of missing the net and firing directly into the goalie's chest during shootouts.

From a hockey perspective - okay, yes he's been bad this year.

But come on, the guy's a legend.  Show him a little respect as a human being. 

I don't know how Hep A works, but if it damaged his immune system permanently, he's probably going to have an awful with the mumps.  

Hope he has a swift recovery.

But come on, the guy's a legend. Show him a little respect as a human being.

I don't know how Hep A works, but if it damaged his immune system permanently, he's probably going to have an awful with the mumps.

There's not a whole lot of respect for the legends anymore. The Hep did do damage to Elias' immune system, so I'd imagine you're right and the mumps will be a rougher ride for him than it was for other guys.

But come on, the guy's a legend.  Show him a little respect as a human being. 

I think he's been quoted saying that since getting Hep A, it takes him longer to recover from illness. It's a real shame because after coming back from injury most recently, he played his best hockey of the year.

Making jokes about players with the mumps is funny. The whole situation is weird and funny. Saying you dont 'give a fvck if Elias is on the ice or not' though, is disrespectful to a Devils' legend and anyone who does utter such things can go fvck himself for being an entitled little brat.

Neboors, want to wish for something positive now haha. Ryder has the Mumps, as you asked for.

This is getting crazy with all these guys getting the mumps. Next thing we're gonna hear is that the CDC is coming in and reporting to the POTUS that the only solution is to nuke Columbus on the day of the All-Star game, lol.

Feel for Patty, on multiple levels.  1000 points never felt so far away, and the poor guy is only four points short of that milestone.  Get well soon.