Season ticket renewals for next year

Satans Hockey

CAN revoke and WILL revoke are 2 different things.

I would imagine the legal mumbo jumbo gives the Devils the right to revoke for any reason.

What would be the point of putting something like that in if you don't intend to enforce it? As a scare tactic? It'll only backfire and scare people like me into not renewing and I go to 27-28 games a year plus every playoff game but I'm sorry, I don't want to go to preseason or four games in six nights in February. Edited by NJDevs4978

Per an HFBoards comment:

I sent an email to my account representative asking whether the restriction applied to sales through TicketExchange. He just called me and said that it does not. If anyone else speaks to their respective account rep, maybe they can confirm.

Well of course their own resale website isn't part of this.. duh!!   :dizzy:

seems like the devils are going way over the top to try to police the re sale of their tickets.. this isnt right, i understand the whole things with trying to protect the value of other sth'd tickets..but it sounds like they are really trying to take things a step too far.

btw here's the relevant passages from the Terms and Conditions (of course as we now know this doesn't apply to TicketExchange lol)

1. Revocable License.  Each Ticket represents a separate, limited and revocable license that only permits the bearer the right to attend the Devils home game identified on such Ticket and sit in the seat location identified on such Ticket.  No property rights, and no renewal or expectancy rights, are conveyed under this Membership License.  This Membership License and any or all of the Tickets and other Membership Privileges are revocable at any time by the Devils, in its sole and absolute discretion, with cause (including a breach of this Membership License) or without cause.  Upon any revocation of the Membership License, the Devils may, in its sole and absolute discretion, (i) cancel, inactivate and revoke any or all Tickets for the remaining games of the 2015-16 NHL season (and deny the holder of such revoked Tickets admission to the Arena for the games to which such revoked Tickets apply) and (ii) revoke any or all other Membership Privileges, including any right Member may have under this Membership License to purchase tickets to Devils playoff home games for the 2015-16 NHL season.  Upon a revocation of the Membership License with cause, the Devils shall have the right to retain any prepaid portion of the Membership Fee.  Upon a revocation of the Membership License without cause, the Devils shall refund to Member any prepaid portion of the Membership Fee attributable to regular season games for which Tickets are revoked.  If the Devils revokes any Tickets with cause but do not revoke the Membership License, no refund will be paid to Member.

1.   Limits on Transferability.  This Membership License and all Tickets and other Membership Privileges hereunder shall be held by Member and its guests, and Member shall not sell, assign or otherwise transfer for consideration any of the foregoing without the Devils’ express written consent.  Member may resell Tickets in compliance with applicable law; provided that if Member resells Tickets with respect to 5 or more games, the Devils shall have the right to revoke this Membership License, the Tickets and the other Membership Privileges as a revocation with cause under Section 4.
Edited by NJDevs4978

seems like the devils are going way over the top to try to police the re sale of their tickets.. this isnt right, i understand the whole things with trying to protect the value of other sth'd tickets..but it sounds like they are really trying to take things a step too far.

I wouldn't even begrudge them that but at least make it clear from the outset that's your intent (and don't have a price floor that's higher than 'sth list' price).

This organization is really clueless sometimes. Personally I want to see renewal rates drop big time and I might be one of them now until this gets confirmed. I work a job where my hours can be all over the place. Do they Devils give a sh!t if I just eat the tickets and lose money? Nope! They are completely delusional in this thinking that people can make money on Devils season tickets. You're lucky if you can even get your money back on most nights. fvck the Devils front office.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Every year the same people complaning about tickets going up. Maybe it's because 80% of this forum are 18-25 years old. Go complain about property taxes going up, tolls going up, food going up insurance rates post Hurricane Sandy going up. The fact of the matter is if you are a STH you find enjoyment going to games. If you can afford it - renew.  If you can't - don't. Just stop complaining about how your going to spend your DISPOSABLE income already. 

Every year the same people complaning about tickets going up. Maybe it's because 80% of this forum are 18-25 years old. Go complain about property taxes going up, tolls going up, food going up insurance rates post Hurricane Sandy going up. The fact of the matter is if you are a STH you find enjoyment going to games. If you can afford it - renew. If you can't - don't. Just stop complaining about how your going to spend your DISPOSABLE income already.

Lol

• Like 1

Every year the same people complaning about tickets going up. Maybe it's because 80% of this forum are 18-25 years old. Go complain about property taxes going up, tolls going up, food going up insurance rates post Hurricane Sandy going up. The fact of the matter is if you are a STH you find enjoyment going to games. If you can afford it - renew. If you can't - don't. Just stop complaining about how your going to spend your DISPOSABLE income already.

Or just don't read a thread you have no interest in.

Weird. This thread is about SEASON TICKETS...and just because theres a lot of young people on here doesnt mean they all don't have other financial obligations so who the heck are you? That was a very asinine statement. Edited by Zubie#8

I will say this much, the last 3 games I went to was from tickets I got off of Stubhub.  When people before and after me had their tickets scanned at the gates, they got the green OK check mark on the usher's portable scanner.  When they scanned mine, I got a yellow check mark and a slightly different chime from the scanner.  I wonder if they are actually tracking and identifying the tickets that are re-sold this way.

I've gotten the yellow checkmark a few times, just something wonky with the machine's I'm sure. If they are tallying which tickets are from StubHub, I'm sure it's something internal in their system and probably not through the reader. I've gotten it a few times with my own tickets.

If the Devils were a hot ticket, I can maybe see that the Devils have a point and want to protect the STH value, but they aren't  I know many STH's who tell me all the time that if they have to sell a game they can't make they are taking a loss on it.

Taking a loss? I can't even give them away for free lately.

Edited by DJ Eco

I've gotten the yellow checkmark a few times, just something wonky with the machine's I'm sure. If they are tallying which tickets are from StubHub, I'm sure it's something internal in their system and probably not through the reader. I've gotten it a few times with my own tickets.

Taking a loss? I can't even give them away for free lately.

I just find it weird that its happened to me every time this season when I use tickets from stubhub.  When I use tickets I got off of TM or my buddy gives me his season tickets to a game he can't make, I get the green.  I really do think they are tracking it even at that level for whatever reason.

If they were in fact cutting off people who sold too many tickets, one of us would know at least one person who this has happened to. The fact is, we don't. It's legal mumbo jumbo. If they do need to revoke your ticket for whatever reason (like you're a raving drunk lunatic every game), it gives them one more loophole to do it without you being able to cry foul. Otherwise, them getting rid of your tickets "because you're drunk all the time" (for example) is arbitrary and the wrong person could take them to court (Oh I'm a minority, or oh the security guard hates white people, or oh I'm fat and got made fun of all season, or oh the security guard had it out for me). 

I know I'm not basing this on any information of my own, but the fact is, answer this question: do any of us know someone's been cut off so far this year or last year for this reason? No? Okay. And yes, I believe some form of this rule was in place last year since they took over.

This is the wrong thing to have a meltdown over, I think.

Edited by DJ Eco

They tried to label me as a broker saying I sold more than half games last season when I had only sold 3 because the pervious year during the lockout season I sold the majority of my games because the new schedule didn't match up with my work schedule which I couldn't change so they never too me off the "broker" list and I had to go through a process of explaining that I wasn't a broker... Because over 10 years of tenure and only having 2 seats wasn't a clear enough proof. I have very little respect for this current front office and the way they run things when it comes to this stuff. It's a complete joke.

They tried to label me as a broker saying I sold more than half games last season when I had only sold 3 because the pervious year during the lockout season I sold the majority of my games because the new schedule didn't match up with my work schedule which I couldn't change so they never too me off the "broker" list and I had to go through a process of explaining that I wasn't a broker... Because over 10 years of tenure and only having 2 seats wasn't a clear enough proof. I have very little respect for this current front office and the way they run things when it comes to this stuff. It's a complete joke.

Hmmm... Well then I take my point back then. That blows.

It seems ridiculous for them to raise prices.  However, they know what people are buying.  If certain zones were more in-demand at the price, they will raise them.  Often, teams will raise cheaper seats more to make the more expensive seats not look as bad in price.  For example, top rows in the upper bowl center sections are $60 each (just throwing out numbers).  Low rows in the upper bowl center sections are $100 each.  Over a season, $40 a ticket adds up.  But, if they make them $80 and $105, then for the extra $25, people might want the lower rows.  Not saying it will work, but that is part of their thinking.  

Every year the same people complaning about tickets going up. Maybe it's because 80% of this forum are 18-25 years old. Go complain about property taxes going up, tolls going up, food going up insurance rates post Hurricane Sandy going up. The fact of the matter is if you are a STH you find enjoyment going to games. If you can afford it - renew.  If you can't - don't. Just stop complaining about how your going to spend your DISPOSABLE income already. 

Because this is a sports board, not a home owners or commuters board?

On the paper tickets sold StubHub usually puts advertisement iirc

Are you sure?  I have sold my Rangers tickets on Stubhub, and it is the same as if I print them up myself.  I email the tickets to myself, then upload the pdf files to stubhub.  If there is a stubhub advertisement, it would be there even if I use them myself.

On the paper tickets sold StubHub usually puts advertisement iirc

Are you sure?  I have sold my Rangers tickets on Stubhub, and it is the same as if I print them up myself.  I email the tickets to myself, then upload the pdf files to stubhub.  If there is a stubhub advertisement, it would be there even if I use them myself.