STH Autograph Day

Bonginator11

Does anyone have link for his comments on Facebook? The guy is a complete animal. Put him in a cage.

They were posted in at least 1 of the Devils FB fan groups but was deleted by the mods.  However, multiple people have said they saw the posts by the guy as well as a bunch more said they actually saw him being removed yesterday at the event.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has been bad 4 of the last 5 seasons. This isn't new.

Eh, we're kind of at our lowest of the low and are seeing a lot of people's true colors especially clearly. People are making up excuses like "the goal song changed", "the food's too expensive", "I can't smoke anymore", but the truth is a lot of people can't handle the rough patch we're in.

And meanwhile, we poke fun at Rangers and Flyers fans for dropping off the face of the earth last decade, but we're even more guilty.

"Duhhhh, we're getting priced out, uhhhhh..." they say. Out of season ticket packages maybe, but NOT REALLY, not if you really just want to go see live hockey. I can find you $12-20 tickets on secondary for every single game this season, if you (not you, but in general) really want to go to the games. But magically, no one's interested anymore.

Pros

I was able to take my two young grandsons and ages 6&4 and my daughter in law because my experience rep was nice enough to get two extra tickets from another STH who was not going. Nice experience.

Skating on ice was fun for the family.boys just learning to skate so they were thrilled.

My daughter in law was thrilled and said she wants to come to more games to get to know the new players

We were able to get Zajac,JJ, Severson and Greenie at the table. they were very gracious especially Greenie was having a good time.

We got Gomez, Cammy as they were on the concourse leaving event. My 4 yr old saw Gomez and said loudly to me " who's that?" And Gomer playfully said " I 'M Mark Messier!" And he signed my hat. Funny dude.He is in the moment not somewhere distant.

Cons

We waited on overflow line for Elias for an hour and got to within 10 people with about 5 min left and the security guard turned us around .My grandsons were crushed because they know him and he is our favorite. We did get some up close photos of the table but that was it. The guard told us to go to a table with a shorter line. Of course that was impossible at this point.

Overall it was what I expected in terms of confusion, chaos etc. but still a positive experience for the young ones.

Edited by mackchi

Apparently I am hearing from many people who went to the event that a fan took out his phone when he got up to Zajac and showed him a picture of money being flushed down the toilet and told him that's what he thinks of him. Zajac then asked security to kick the guy out and the guy has been bragging about it on FB all morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this next year and fence in the devils side of the parking lot along with turrets at this point with what ahs been going on lately.

Hard to believe that fans would react like that and then brag about it. Edited by BostonNala370

That coupled with the Devils having to put up the Berlin Wall around the visitors entrance proves this is more than a couple of people are acting like this.

A few people booed Bryce, 1 person against a leaf and 1 guy against travis. All of these people are morons but come on let's not lump our whole fan base because of less than a handful of people.

A few people booed Bryce, 1 person against a leaf and 1 guy against travis. All of these people are morons but come on let's not lump our whole fan base because of less than a handful of people.

from what I've heard, the lupul incident was the final straw with putting the wall up. At least four teams have complained to the NHL about Devils fans also spitting and cursing at them as they enter and leave the arena.

Look at the people still going on and on with the YS chant as well. It's more than just a few.

looks like the new owners want to get rid of the growing number of riff raff that has been invading the fanbase in recent years.

As a mod over in HF boards perfectly said yeaterday:

"And you wonder why the Devils organization has had such sweeping changes to court businesses? Cause our 'normal' fans are terrible"

from what I've heard, the lupul incident was the final straw with putting the wall up. At least four teams have complained to the NHL about Devils fans also spitting and cursing at them as they enter and leave the arena.

Look at the people still going on and on with the YS chant as well. It's more than just a few.

looks like the new owners want to get rid of the growing number of riff raff that has been invading the fanbase in recent years.

As a mod over in HF boards perfectly said yeaterday:

"And you wonder why the Devils organization has had such sweeping changes to court businesses? Cause our 'normal' fans are terrible"

I just can't imagine a majority of these nhl players just letting fans spit on them without it being a bigger incident.

I don't compare the you suck stuff to any of these. That's just a chant whether you like it or not. It is not in the same ball park as trying to start stuff with visiting team players near their bus or telling one of our players that he's sh!t to his face.

Unfortunately that has become a sizable sample size. Back to back events fans think its hilarious to be d-bags.

Wait...it was one person who did that or many? Thought so.

That coupled with the Devils having to put up the Berlin Wall around the visitors entrance proves this is more than a couple of people are acting like this.

Oh what a ridiculous exaggeration, simply for the effect of demeaning our fans. See we don't need Ranger fans to make generalities about our fan base based on a small sample size. People on this board will do it themselves. We have been through this time and time again. You have yet to provide one substantial piece of evidence that shows that our fan base is bad, or that we have an especially pervasive issue with bad fans as opposed to other teams.

What you do do though, is create hearsay. I have seen you take anecdotes about a single fan, and come to this board and mislead to make it seem like it was a whole bunch of fans.

Of all the Devils fan I have ever met, it is your MO that most boggles my mind. I will never get it. You are a self-hating Devils-fan. Why put yourself through the misery? Just like a team with better fans.

Edited by Neb00rs

Wait...it was one person who did that or many? Thought so.

Oh what a ridiculous exaggeration, simply for the effect of demeaning our fans. See we don't need Ranger fans to make generalities about our fan base based on a small sample size. People on this board will do it themselves. We have been through this time and time again. You have yet to provide one substantial piece of evidence that shows that our fan base is bad, or that we have an especially pervasive issue with bad fans as opposed to other teams.

What you do do though, is create hearsay. I have seen you take anecdotes about a single fan, and come to this board and mislead to make it seem like it was a whole bunch of fans.

Of all the Devils fan I have ever met, it is your MO that most boggles my mind. I will never get it. You are a self-hating Devils-fan. Why put yourself through the misery? Just like a team with better fans.

Judging by the other thread, I'm not the only one who thinks this way, but continue to single me out. Whatever.

If you don't like the thread or my posts then stop replying to them. Simple as that.

Edited by DevsMan84

Judging by the other thread, I'm not the only one who thinks this way, but continue to single me out. Whatever.

If you don't like the thread or my posts then stop replying to them. Simple as that.

No no, I think there are posters with legitimate gripes against our teams' fans. I just don't think you have any. And you can't play the 'single me out' game. I have no problem with the other posters because they make good points, and back them up hyperbole-free. I am not purposely singling you out at all, I like most of your other posts.

Edited by Neb00rs

No no, I think there are posters with legitimate gripes against our teams' fans. I just don't think you have any. And you can't play the 'single me out' game. I have no problem with the other posters because they make good points, and back them up hyperbole-free. I am not purposely singling you out at all, I like most of your other posts.

I really don't know how you can state the bolded with a straight face.  I really don't.  Looking through the posts of the last 2 days on the other thread and on here, other posters who have gripes with our fans are saying pretty much exactly what I have been saying and using the same examples I have.  They are saying the YS chant is dumb and embarrassing, a point that in the amount of posts I have made about this subject over the past year alone I could fill an entire book.  They have other complaints, very similar or exactly the same points I have been making for some time now, but yet I get singled out.  Yeah I will play the single me out game as in your post here you even state you have no problems with other posters yet you have problems with me.  What have I been saying that is so different than what the other posters have been saying in the other thread?  You can't, it's just that I guess I just rub you the wrong way about this subject yet you need to constantly chime in and tell me that.

Also love the hyperbole part.  What other fanbase has their own fans at two fan events in the same year trash the players to their faces?  What other fanbase boos their own goal because they are crying and upset about the old goal song taken away?  What other fan base boos during a ceremony for a particular player being honored for a huge accomplishment because they don't like the owners presenting said award?  What other fanbase creates enough issues with the visiting teams that the owners have to shell out extra $ to put up a fence to separate fans at the order of the NHL?  What other fanbase cries so much about ticket prices when ticket prices are still in the bottom 1/3 (maybe even in the bottom 1/5) of the league after the recent price hike (a good chunk of that is the new tax)?  What other fanbase (outside of maybe Montreal) has a sizeable chunk of their fanbase continue to hate their current goaltender who is playing amazingly all because of some delusional perception that he "stole" the legendary, but clearly finished former franchise goalie?  And what other fanbase could hate the owners for buying up the franchise and making them financially secure for years to come and not change anything about the on-ice operations when the franchise was pretty close to being bought up by someone like Barroway, who has made it pretty clear he wants to move the team he just bought?

It's not hyperbole it is the truth.

Apparently I am hearing from many people who went to the event that a fan took out his phone when he got up to Zajac and showed him a picture of money being flushed down the toilet and told him that's what he thinks of him.  Zajac then asked security to kick the guy out and the guy has been bragging about it on FB all morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this next year and fence in the devils side of the parking lot along with turrets at this point with what ahs been going on lately.

That is just a d!ck.  Hopefully, the Devils know who it is and his tickets are revoked.  If he was given the tickets by someone else, they should have theirs revoked.