Albany Devils Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Triumph

On 5/7/2016 at 3:08 AM, nessus said:

Does anyone know why Zacha didn't play?

I read somewhere that he may have had a concussion or concussion symptoms. He isn't playing tonight either. I hope its nothing serious and they are doing this as a precaution.

FYI, just read on timesunion that he is injured, the didn't specify the injury. The concussion aspect was gotten from hockeybuzz blog, some gentlemen named Todd.

Edited by Anhkheg

13 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Lappin's got 20 shots in his last two games, including the OT winner for Albany tonight.  I'm impressed by his speed - reminds me of Tyler Kennedy, actually.

Lappin has a little bigger frame at 6`1 but I can't seem to find a comparison for him. Maybe Brad Boyes without the peak season.

Just now, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Lappin has a little bigger frame at 6`1 but I can't seem to find a comparison for him. Maybe Brad Boyes without the peak season.

Brad Boyes was a really good player even without his peak season.  I'm skeptical Lappin can score much at the NHL level.  But he impressed me today for sure.

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Brad Boyes was a really good player even without his peak season.  I'm skeptical Lappin can score much at the NHL level.  But he impressed me today for sure.

I've seen him play 8 times now and he continues to do things that you like to see in a winger. He has good speed to get a step on defensemen and skates through checks. He got off a couple good slapshot as well. I'd like to see him on the PP because that often determines what a player appears to be to the public, a Kennedy or a Boyes.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Went to the game today. Was definitely worth the drive up. Even without the two goals, Lappin player stand out game. Could definitely see him becoming a good 3rd liner for the big club.

Severson, Boucher, Blender are all definitely too good for the AHL. I like that Albany plays Boucher on the top PK unit. Glad his overall game is rounding out. Blender got away with a nasty board in OT that could have been costly. But overall looked real good using his speed and strength. Also showed some slick hands with a really nice dangle in the offensive zone in OT. Severson all around was great. Didn't get beat in the D Zone, created good chances in the O Zone including the shorthanded tying goal. 

Albeit one kinda soft goal allowed by Wedge I thought he was one of the biggest difference makers tonight.

I also thought Mozik, Helgeson, and Pietila looked pretty good tonight. Sislo had an assist on Rod Pelly shorthanded goal but it was a lucky play where Sislo attempted to feed Pelly on a 2 on 1 and it went off pellys skate and in. Overall I noticed Sislo more making good defensive plays. Overall great game, and a lot of guys that you want to see contribute were playing a big role in the game.

I thought Blandisi was terrible today and I don't feel his style will ever put him in favour with any NHL coaches. A lot of flare and very little substance. I believe he will eventually earn his worth on the PP.

Severson looked like Drew Doughty out there. He was toying with Marlies forwards. If he translates this confidence to the NHL he will be a 40 point defensmen next year and people will be sorry they ever thought of trading him.

I thought Blandisi was terrible today and I don't feel his style will ever put him in favour with any NHL coaches. A lot of flare and very little substance. I believe he will eventually earn his worth on the PP.

Severson looked like Drew Doughty out there. He was toying with Marlies forwards. If he translates this confidence to the NHL he will be a 40 point defensmen next year and people will be sorry they ever thought of trading him.

I thought Blandisi was dynamic out there tonight, generated a lot of chances and zone pressure.

Blandisi has great skills but he makes some frustrating plays.  In OT there was a point where he had a race to a puck high in the offensive zone and he should've known one of his D was trapped - NHL players often notice this and they will just whack the puck forward while their guys exit the zone.  Blandisi tried to win the puck clean, lost it, and it led to Toronto's best OT chance.

Just now, Triumph said:

Blandisi has great skills but he makes some frustrating plays.  In OT there was a point where he had a race to a puck high in the offensive zone and he should've known one of his D was trapped - NHL players often notice this and they will just whack the puck forward while their guys exit the zone.  Blandisi tried to win the puck clean, lost it, and it led to Toronto's best OT chance.

That play was frustrating. Blandisi had a few plays tonight where he lacked proper awareness of the situation. 

Seems Kowalski's (post game interview) pretty pissed at Severson (stupid penalties) Kelly's likely to be out (suspended) That was the discussion pre game that giving them 8 pp was unacceptable. Well 9 last nigh. Danis was horrific in relief of Wedgewood