RIP Gordie Howe

MadDog2020

Even with all of his recent health issues, felt like that guy was going to live forever.  Hell of a player and a hell of a person.  RIP

• Like 1

The first time I saw a hockey game was when I was about 9 or 10 years old. Our family was living in Houston for a few years in the 70’s. My dad took us to a hockey game, because as a German, that was the only sport, besides soccer, in town that he could relate to and it was probably one of the cheapest tickets in town. He told us that one of the guys was playing with his 2 sons on the same line. Even though I didn’t know much about the sport at the time, I knew that was special. I had no idea though what kind of legend I was watching. Thank you Gordie for introducing me to the sport of Hockey.

RIP Gordie

Edited by eaglejelly

Here I am at my son's soccer game in Monmouth in 2012.  I have a Devils hat on.   My friend's mother is married to Mark Howe.

Gordie sat in my chair. He showed me one of his SC rings. Not sure the year, but just looking at the #9 and HOWE on that ring was literally tingling.

Me & Gordie Blurred.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Leeds
  • Like 3