GDT - Devils vs Leafs 1/6/17

NJDfan1711

One lousy period can easily cost this team a game. Not the first time this season. That's a sign of a low-class team that they are. No surprise though for a team loaded with second and third liners. They don't have a legit first line. No one can read and respond to Hall's plays. Exactly the same sh.t like with Jagr and Kovy. One star or simply talented player surrounded by mediocre teammates can't do anything. I wouldn't bash Cory for this brain fart. Most of the goals are not his fault. He can't can't bail out this pathetic defense every night. Our special teams are probably worst in the league. Does anybody know what's with Blandisi? LGD

52 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

True enough. Needless to say though, the idea of "tanking" is controversial on these boards, but at this point it's hard to argue against it.

Trade Cory, trade Zajac, lock up what's left of the core and rebuild.

This "retooling" thing clearly isn't working.

I'd say keep Severson, Auvitu, Santini, and Merill on d. As far as fowards, Hall, Henrique, Zacha, maybe Palmieri  (he's only 25). Other than that I'm fine with trading just about anyone. 

1 hour ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Slash, maybe add a Mickey Mouse pic somewhere in the corners of the door mat

No, don't do that.  The doormat thing is mildly funny, because we kinda bring it on ourselves, but the Mickey Mouse comment I always felt was an unfounded jackass thing to say, and it's why I've always hated Gretzky. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I'd say keep Severson, Auvitu, Santini, and Merill on d. As far as fowards, Hall, Henrique, Zacha, maybe Palmieri  (he's only 25). Other than that I'm fine with trading just about anyone. 

I agree mostly, but I'd not have Merrill on my list. 

And, I would be OK with trading either Henrique or Palmieri, depending on the return. I wouldn't consider them untouchable, but if the right offer came in...

10 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

One lousy period can easily cost this team a game. Not the first time this season. That's a sign of a low-class team that they are. No surprise though for a team loaded with second and third liners. They don't have a legit first line. No one can read and respond to Hall's plays. Exactly the same sh.t like with Jagr and Kovy. One star or simply talented player surrounded by mediocre teammates can't do anything. I wouldn't bash Cory for this brain fart. Most of the goals are not his fault. He can't can't bail out this pathetic defense every night. Our special teams are probably worst in the league. Does anybody know what's with Blandisi? LGD

BS. Cory gave up 3 goals on 5 shots. He was terrible. 

Cory had no clue the game even started. I'm not one to bash the goalie, but that one goal alone was one of the top 10 most atrocious plays I've seen in the past 15 years. Worse yet, I still feel bad for the guy because he's not *allowed* to make any bone headed plays this year due to our piss poor defense and god awful special teams. I swear, it looked like three quarters of the team had no clue there was a game tonight....I think Doc McMullen rolled over in his grave tonight. God, that was bad. 

Sidebar. .I snagged a few extra posters if anyone is interested. I may have 2 extra pins as well. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Crowd was actually really good tonight, tons of people heading to exits now. I never leave early but I understand why people are leaving. This is one of the if not worst home games of the season. Just horrible to watch. 

The crowd was a lot more engaged than I thought they'd be the last two periods, they completely lost me at 4-0.  The only reason I didn't leave after the FIRST period is I hadn't seen a few of my friends since the holiday so I stuck around to talk to them.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree mostly, but I'd not have Merrill on my list. 

And, I would be OK with trading either Henrique or Palmieri, depending on the return. I wouldn't consider them untouchable, but if the right offer came in...

Have you noticed that players we trade usually either become better on other teams or at least stay on the same level. It doesn't work our way. Given a pretty mediocre roster It's still mostly the system we are playing. I'm not saying we shouldn't trade anybody, but you can't expect one or two "right offers" to improve this team overnight.

22 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Have you noticed that players we trade usually either become better on other teams or at least stay on the same level. It doesn't work our way. Given a pretty mediocre roster It's still mostly the system we are playing. I'm not saying we shouldn't trade anybody, but you can't expect one or two "right offers" to improve this team overnight.

I didn't say I expected that. 

27 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Sidebar. .I snagged a few extra posters if anyone is interested. I may have 2 extra pins as well. 

I wouldn't mind a pin if you have an extra. Let me know what you'd be looking for. 

Edited by mfitz804

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nooooo, I thought you meant we could make two trades and be better by tomorrow's game.

:doh1:

No sh.t...:blink: Unlike you, I wasn't trying to make you look stupid. So what do you mean by " I didn't say I expected that?"  What do you expect from trades and the right offers if not improvement? 

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

No, don't do that.  The doormat thing is mildly funny, because we kinda bring it on ourselves, but the Mickey Mouse comment I always felt was an unfounded jackass thing to say, and it's why I've always hated Gretzky. 

OK but the footprints stay ! lol

7 hours ago, Devs64 said:

No sh.t...:blink: Unlike you, I wasn't trying to make you look stupid. So what do you mean by " I didn't say I expected that?"  What do you expect from trades and the right offers if not improvement? 

I wasn't trying to make you look stupid. All I said was I'd entertain offers on Palmieri and Henrique, I don't consider them untouchable. You quoted me and said I shouldn't expect improvement overnight from two trades, which wasn't part of what I said. 

Your statement that you expect to improve when you make trades, well obviously, that goes without saying. 

But that doesn't have any bearing on whether you make a deal for today. If there was a solid top 4 defenseman available with a couple years left on his deal, and someone came looking for Henrique or Palmieri, that's something you'd have to consider. 

9 hours ago, Devs64 said:

Who's become better exactly?  Larsson?  He's got a marginal skillset to begin with, he's a stay-at-home masher.  If anything the one area the Devils have been good at is trading.

• Like 1