2018 JETS

Beezer34

23 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

great day for the jets tankathon.. moved to 8th from 11th and next week we can possibly be 6th or 7th.. thanks bowles merry Christmas

Jets could actually finish 4th overall when the dust settles. SF, Tampa, Denver all win..... Jets lose.... Jets own the 4th pick.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/73730/how-the-jets-can-make-a-late-leap-in-draft-position

• Like 1

At this point that's what you hope for. Need to slide right in to where the blue chip prospect QB is available. No guarantee whoever it is turns out that way but...you have to at least take a chance. But who knows I still think they would love a shot at Cousins

Sad ending to Mo Wilkersons Jets career. This guy tanked this year sort of like Revis tanked last year under Bowles.

Also shaping up like TB will not be a black Monday coaching casualty. I wouldn't let him have year 4 as a lame duck with a new QB. Especially with the meh development of Adams/Maye (Maye has been a bit better). Nobody has improved under him and he is a poor motivator and playcaller. Not the worst coach I've ever seen but just not what this team needs. 

If the Cards want him to replace Arians...just let the guy walk just like Herm in 2006

Edited by '7'

48 minutes ago, '7' said:

At this point that's what you hope for. Need to slide right in to where the blue chip prospect QB is available. No guarantee whoever it is turns out that way but...you have to at least take a chance. But who knows I still think they would love a shot at Cousins

Sad ending to Mo Wilkersons Jets career. This guy tanked this year sort of like Revis tanked last year under Bowles.

Also shaping up like TB will not be a black Monday coaching casualty. I wouldn't let him have year 4 as a lame duck with a new QB. Especially with the meh development of Adams/Maye (Maye has been a bit better). Nobody has improved under him and he is a poor motivator and playcaller. Not the worst coach I've ever seen but just not what this team needs. 

If the Cards want him to replace Arians...just let the guy walk just like Herm in 2006

exactly.. every move up in draft order means we have a better chance at getting the guy we want or trading up for him.. id prefer a QB but with this organization structured the way it is i doubt we can develop one so cousins might need to be the default, its just SAD

as far as our young safeties go im on the fence.. adams was a 4.6 40 kid and may not be the elite ball hawk that pick deserves.. but at least hes not dee milliner 

5 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

exactly.. every move up in draft order means we have a better chance at getting the guy we want or trading up for him.. id prefer a QB but with this organization structured the way it is i doubt we can develop one so cousins might need to be the default, its just SAD

as far as our young safeties go im on the fence.. adams was a 4.6 40 kid and may not be the elite ball hawk that pick deserves.. but at least hes not dee milliner 

Yea Adams will play in this league and be fine. But doubt he'll ever live up to the 6th round slot he was taken in. He's indeed not a ballhawk. He's dropped or just missed arriving in time for a bunch of picks this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Bowles and Maccagnan get two year extensions through 2020, can’t wait for the Benigno rant at 2 today...

Yeah that should be epic.  

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Bowles and Maccagnan get two year extensions through 2020, can’t wait for the Benigno rant at 2 today...

So the incompetence is genetic from the mothers side  or was she drinking heavily during pregnancy ?  oh well,  hopefully .we get a QB now.. because if they dont fans will leave in droves

Edited by EdgeControl

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Indeed it was.

I'm in Fla, didn't get to hear it.  Anything stand out in particular?

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm in Fla, didn't get to hear it.  Anything stand out in particular?

I’m bad at summarizing stuff like that, but he ended with the slogan next year should be celebrating 50 years of no super bowl appearances.

Admits he’s now a bitter jets fan.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’m bad at summarizing stuff like that, but he ended with the slogan next year should be celebrating 50 years of no super bowl appearances.

Admits he’s now a bitter jets fan.

I’m sure it’ll be up on iTunes and YT later, think it was only muted a little by the fact he was ill on top of being annoyed. The main point I remember is how the Giants fired McAdoo who made the playoffs when he wasn’t getting the job done while the Jets extend Bowles off two 5-11 seasons...’accepting mediocrity’. Not sure if it was Joe or Evan who also pointed out the contracts run through the end of the presidential term (ie Woody’s ambassadorship could be over then).

Edited by NJDevs4978

21-3 at the half, the refs have been embarrasingly bad btw. The Jets are bad but the Pats don't need the help

The extension for Toilet Bowles is embarrassing. His intelligence is equivalent to that of a doorstop. He can't make adjustments. He can't motivate. He can't gameplan. He is the dumbest human wearing a HC headset this side of Hue Jackson. And he's back for another two years supposedly. I like to take the Evan Roberts view...the Jets will aquire talent next year and if Bowles doesnt get the job done and at least get us a wild card he should be gone. And will be gone