The NJ Offseason Thread

Derlique

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

So that makes it ok? The rest of the idiots do it so we should as well? Have you ever tried to deal with selling your tickets in those Devils Facebook groups? It's embarrassing. It's why I don't even bother with social media when it comes to this team anymore. It's a wasteland of stupid idiots and I have 0 patience for it. 

I know I've been on a complaining spree today but for fvcks sakes people pay thousands of dollars and they can't even get an intern to sit there and print out tickets and put them in an envelope to be mailed?  Not even minor league teams have this much lack of responsibility when it comes to the ticketing departments. 

Wow. Ok.

No it doesn't make it ok, you implied that it was a problem within our fan base, I pointed out that our fan base has nothing to do with it, it's just the way some people are in general. Some of those people will be in our fan base.

No, I have never tried selling tickets on Facebook. Mostly because I only buy tickets to go to games, and I'm not on Facebook. Every forum I'm on complains about the Facebook page that relates to that forum, so again, Facebook is full of idiots of every variety, Devils fans and others. 

Whether or not they could find an intern to print your tickets is kind of irrelevant, and "do you know how much money I spend here" is a step away from "do you know who I am". You obviously know as I do that they fired a ton of people over there, and ok, it's not organized right now and it should be.

But, your Complaining and willingness to call working people idiots or a joke because you have to suffer the indignity of using eTickets instead of paper tickets (which in 2017 are obsolete, that's why you have to request them) to go to two pre-season games makes you sound like an entitled douche.

Still love you, but it had to be said. ;)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow. Ok.

No it doesn't make it ok, you implied that it was a problem within our fan base, I pointed out that our fan base has nothing to do with it, it's just the way some people are in general. Some of those people will be in our fan base.

No, I have never tried selling tickets on Facebook. Mostly because I only buy tickets to go to games, and I'm not on Facebook. Every forum I'm on complains about the Facebook page that relates to that forum, so again, Facebook is full of idiots of every variety, Devils fans and others. 

Whether or not they could find an intern to print your tickets is kind of irrelevant, and "do you know how much money I spend here" is a step away from "do you know who I am". You obviously know as I do that they fired a ton of people over there, and ok, it's not organized right now and it should be.

But, your Complaining and willingness to call working people idiots or a joke because you have to suffer the indignity of using eTickets instead of paper tickets (which in 2017 are obsolete, that's why you have to request them) to go to two pre-season games makes you sound like an entitled douche.

Still love you, but it had to be said. ;)

You should go over there and look at them at some point, it's a bigger portion of our fan base than you might imagine. @DevsMan84 can attest for this.

This is very poor customer service, simple as that, I don't care if I spent 300 bucks or 20k on the tickets. 

They sent this email out on August 11th "In order to guarantee ticket delivery prior to our first preseason game on September 18, requests must be made by August 18"

So what the hell have they been doing that entire time? Why is that acceptable? If you do your job incorrectly are you not told about it? And I called the people in the Facebook groups stupid idiots, whether or not they work or not, I don't know nor care but clearly the Devils tickets staff hasn't been working so yes they are a joke.

And it's all good, we have different opinions, I just don't find this to be acceptable on any level of sports let alone the highest in hockey. It's below bush league. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If you don't do your job right and they call you an idiot and a joke, you need to work somewhere else. 

But I do agree, it's not good customer service. But you'll use your eTickets and it'll all be ok. 

To be fair, if your boss calls you that then yeah time to get out of that job.  If a client says that to you, then that's a different story and now you looking at being possibly fired/disciplined.  STH are clients in this case.

I do agree this is bush league that the Devils don't have the hard tickets out in time.  It is possible something happened with the printer they contracted, but they could have found other ways.  Why they were using a third party printer in another state (I heard somewhere in the mid-West) is anyone's guess as I think they used to do printing either in-house or a third party printer that was local.

I would really like to know if other fans from other NHL teams have the same issues with their team's ticket sales department as Devils seem to constantly do.  I get these reps are in entry-level positions with high turnovers, but it seems particularly bad on the Devils side.  From the small glimpses into other teams I have seen, it is not nearly as bad and/or disorganized.

I also don't like comparing them to Red Bull.  Soccer is still a really hard sell to American consumers so those reps basically have to wait on hand and foot to their clients to get them to commit and stay.

Regarding Facebook, I will say two things:

1) I am in both Devils fan groups and jersey collecting groups.  Multiple ones for both interests.  Yeah it's indeed rough a lot of days lol.

2) With my first point given, I still feel they give a better representation of the fanbase in general compared to forums such as this one.  When I go to games at the Rock, the things I see and experience are more in line to those FB groups than what I see and experience on here.  That's why my views on the fanbase in general is pretty negative compared to a lot of other posters on here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you don't do your job right and they call you an idiot and a joke, you need to work somewhere else. 

But I do agree, it's not good customer service. But you'll use your eTickets and it'll all be ok. 

Well I'm not their boss so I can call them what they are lol

And I understand that but it's the principal of the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

To be fair, if your boss calls you that then yeah time to get out of that job.  If a client says that to you, then that's a different story and now you looking at being possibly fired/disciplined.  STH are clients in this case.

I do agree this is bush league that the Devils don't have the hard tickets out in time.  It is possible something happened with the printer they contracted, but they could have found other ways.  Why they were using a third party printer in another state (I heard somewhere in the mid-West) is anyone's guess as I think they used to do printing either in-house or a third party printer that was local.

I would really like to know if other fans from other NHL teams have the same issues with their team's ticket sales department as Devils seem to constantly do.  I get these reps are in entry-level positions with high turnovers, but it seems particularly bad on the Devils side.  From the small glimpses into other teams I have seen, it is not nearly as bad and/or disorganized.

I also don't like comparing them to Red Bull.  Soccer is still a really hard sell to American consumers so those reps basically have to wait on hand and foot to their clients to get them to commit and stay.

The season ticket packages, the ones with the membership cards came from the Midwest. The stock tickets should be coming from the team directly, it's not a fancy design, it's the stock tickets you would get at the box office and I got them directly from my rep last year cause he printed them out. 

I jumped over to hf boards to see when/if anyone else in our division received their tickets and when the date was. Some of these teams didn't have a season ticket holder thread so I half assed looked elsewhere online.. 

Carolina - didn't see anything about the tickets but they are having a big festival on Sunday https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/fans/caniac-carnival?utm_campaign=WEB&utm_medium=SOCIAL&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1505402436 

Columbus - I couldn't find anything about the tickets but they just had this 5th line festival and got a big crowd...

Islanders - they got their credentials(like our crickets last year) in the mail yesterday and no fancy box like the Devils did 

Rangers - 9-11, tickets all have different designs on them, looks coolVQiXrnp.jpg 

Flyers - 9-6 the first person received theirs didn't see any pictures but I believe it's commemorative tickets as well from what I read. They also had the ability to pay extra for this... 

5FqbKch.jpg

They also just had a rookie game and I think the tickets were free but it's packed... 

Pittsburgh - looks like their tickets are out and they are even having players(even Crosby) deliver some of them. Mind you, this is a team that just won the Stanley Cup 2 years in a row and sells out all their games now and doesn't have to do anything like this at the moment. Also looks like they are using a membership card to get into all the games... 

Washington - they have the option of a membership card or hard stock tickets. The team sent them both and fans started receiving them already. 

oshie-wall-membership-card-768x517.jpg

caps-season-ticket-holder-package3-768x1

Edited by Satans Hockey

55 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Re: Facebook devils groups. Do yourself a favor and leave them.  I did a couple of years ago and I felt much better. The negative experience far outweighed the positive. Some of those people as a very special kind of stupid. 

I've said this before on here but the reason I stay in those groups because of the discussion and information about items on a variety of topics surrounding the Devils.  This forum is certainly a million times more level headed than FB when it comes to discussing the on-ice product, but outside of talking strictly about that there is little else going on here.

• Like 1

Absolutely agreed about here really only being a good place to talk about the on ice issues. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like we have a lot of season ticket holders on here but I can get more information and talk about that stuff and arena stuff over in the Facebook groups. Hfboards seems to have  more season ticket holders than here but still not a ton, their season ticket holder thread is pretty active at least. 

I still like coming here the most but some information is just not on here when it comes to these things. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Don't expect the average fan on Facebook to know anything. I worked at a private golf course for years and ran into plenty of people that had season tickets, and even most of them didn't follow the team or players. I'd try to talk to them and you could tell easily they knew absolutely nothing. They're the homegrown version of the people around the league that complain NJ still plays the trap. It's hard enough to ignore the ignorant conversations and yelling while you're at the games--I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to it voluntarily. Then, to make it worse, it's the internet so they are all overly aggressive. Just awful...stay away.

On another note: The NHL is all out on the Olympics 100% and even Ovi isn't arguing anymore. Whatever your opinion on professionals playing in the Olympics might be, I would imagine I am not alone in hoping they STICK TO THEIR DECISION. Just keep it fkn consistent now. I'm tired of the flip flopping and all the rule changes lately. I'm still going to hate the offside review this year, don't care if it's a bench minor for getting it wrong. 

• Like 1

Although I am happy with what we've got to start the season, can't help to wonder if we'll pick up someone off waivers in a couple weeks?  A team trying to avert $$$ (cap space) to the minors.