Just when you thought I caused enough controversy this week

mfitz804

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Good grief.  I really didn't think our team would sink any lower.  I guess this Taylor Ham vs Pork Roll debate is to distract fans from the fact that we are about to be curb-stomped over the next 2-3 weeks.

Anything with the word Taylor and it should be banned from the arena. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, point said:

The reason Ocean County residents think they live in Central Jersey is that they mostly moved to Brick and Tom's River from North Jersey and are in denial that they actually live in South Jersey.

Disagree. It is Central J

The clam diggers in Point Pleasant Boro are of the opinion that North Jersey begins at the Manasquan River.  Anyway, my family has lived in Monmouth, Middlesex , and what became Mercer Counties for over 250 years,  I recognize Central Jersey. But the last 40 years I have lived in Point Pleasant Boro/Brick. It wasn't until I moved down here that I learned the difference between Essex and Hudson County accents. Then I picked up on the Philly accents when I served in aArmy Reserve unit in Trenton. 

The whole North Jersey/South Jersey divide might be blamed on the FCC, allocating wattage and directional coverage to radio stations decades ago, and of course, allowing NJ licenses to be transferred to NYC/PHIL, divvying up the state.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Central Jersey is a fallacy, there’s only north, south, and people claiming not to be south. 

You are entitled to your opinion. One might think of "The Jersey Shore" as one, culturally distinct region. It is, in fact, a mosaic of ethnic, class, and other demographic distinctions, delineated by legal municipal boundaries. 

If the two regions satisfies your concept of New Jersey, you are looking in black and white at a state that is very colorful. I feel sorry for your loss.