Just when you thought I caused enough controversy this week

mfitz804

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

D9061158-4A67-42C7-A8B3-AF0597AB24E2.jpeg

And they reconsidered that and apparently went with Pork Roll for the current packaging. Maybe they came to their senses?

I add that the current packaging notes it’s packaged in Trenton, hence, in Trenton, it’s Pork Roll. 

18 minutes ago, newarkcupparade said:

Team Taylor ham. People who call it pork roll on the regular are probably fans of Case's. I'm not passing judgement...but they're wrong. 

4 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

It's Taylor Ham. You are not from Jersey if you think otherwise!

The package doesn’t say ham and the company is from Trenton. 

14 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

It's Taylor Ham. You are not from Jersey if you think otherwise!

I'm from North Jersey. It's pork roll. It's always been pork roll. When I buy it from a local butcher it is especially pork roll, because the Taylor company didn't have anything to do with making it.

It's like the difference between calling a tissue a "Kleenex" or a bandage a "Band-Aid". At some point something that is popular takes on the popular brand's name as the object name. In this case it is PORK ROLL, made by the company Taylor--or whatever that guy named it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm from North Jersey. It's pork roll. It's always been pork roll. 

When I tell you that you’re wrong, it’s nothing personal, I’m not judging you, you can call it whatever you want because quite frankly I’m tired of having this argument with people- but you’re wrong. I’ve lived in North Jersey my entire 40 years. I’ve never once- not ONCE- ever heard it called pork roll up here, ever. I don’t call it that, no one I know up here calls it that, no one I’ve ever met (except you and MB3 now) calls it that, and I’ve never been to any eating establishment here that calls it that. So if you’re from up here and you call it pork roll, you’re in the vast, VAST minority. That’s not speculation, it’s not my opinion, it’s a straight fact homie. 

22 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm from North Jersey. It's pork roll. It's always been pork roll. When I buy it from a local butcher it is especially pork roll, because the Taylor company didn't have anything to do with making it.

It's like the difference between calling a tissue a "Kleenex" or a bandage a "Band-Aid". At some point something that is popular takes on the popular brand's name as the object name. In this case it is PORK ROLL, made by the company Taylor--or whatever that guy named it. 

While "Taylor" is a brand of pork roll, in regions of North Jersey all brands of pork roll may be referred to colloquially as "Taylor Ham" due to the first production of pork roll being branded Taylor.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

When I tell you that you’re wrong, it’s nothing personal, I’m not judging you, you can call it whatever you want because quite frankly I’m tired of having this argument with people- but you’re wrong. I’ve lived in North Jersey my entire 40 years. I’ve never once- not ONCE- ever heard it called pork roll up here, ever. I don’t call it that, no one I know up here calls it that, no one I’ve ever met (except you and MB3 now) calls it that, and I’ve never been to any eating establishment here that calls it that. So if you’re from up here and you call it pork roll, you’re in the vast, VAST minority. That’s not speculation, it’s not my opinion, it’s a straight fact homie. 

I grew up in Toms River...  always called it pork roll.

4 minutes ago, aylbert said:

They weren’t allowed to call it ham anymore because it didn’t meet the definition of ham from the Pure Food and Drug act of 1906.

Hence, Taylor’s Pork Roll

So it’s literally not allowed to be called Taylor Ham by law. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aylbert said:

They weren’t allowed to call it ham anymore because it didn’t meet the definition of ham from the Pure Food and Drug act of 1906.

Hence, Taylor’s Pork Roll

That's interesting didn't know that thanks. Everyone here actually calls it Taylor Ham still in Camden County. I call it pork roll but I love the name Taylor Ham. I mean hell I see more Taylor Boxes a day then probably everyone on this forum has in their entire life put together. I'm now sick of pork roll😭

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Dano wouldn’t know who was Taylor Hall, John Taylor, Pork John or Hall Roll. 

Pork John played against men, but the consensus is Hall Roll is the better all-around prospect. He just needs to eat some Taylor Ham and hit the weight room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Toms River isn’t in North Jersey, unless there’s been a land-shift in the last 35 minutes I haven’t heard about....

Got into a twitter argument with Tim Pinachio (sp?) that he was going to shore in No.Jersey. (Long Branch I think.) I told him, that's Monmouth Co. not No. jersey by any stretch. He didn't accept my side.