GDT: NJ @ CBUS 7:00

Jerzey

On 9/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, Nicomo said:

Was it the Columbus feed? I’ve never cared for Jeff Rimer, personally. He used to be brutal on calling the right players, names, etc. And like you said, both guys are boring as sh!t. 

Cangi and Dano are no Doc and Chico, but they’re worlds better than those guys. 

Appreciate it! Hoping to get to Chico's level one day!

Edited by Steve Cangialosi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Devils01 said:

Agree, however, the moment he gets hit from a guy 20 pounds heavier than him he’ll feel it and wont be a good feeling lol 

The season takes it's toll and it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes starts running out of gas as the season goes on. We saw it with Bratt a couple of seasons ago. It's part of the learning curve and nothng to be worried about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

The season takes it's toll and it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes starts running out of gas as the season goes on. We saw it with Bratt a couple of seasons ago. It's part of the learning curve and nothng to be worried about.

That, and we know how these guys both fill out naturally AND gain some size as their bodies take to weight training.  Not sure why anyone would expect Hughes to have come into training camp noticeably more muscular than he was the day he was drafted.  

And yeah, kids can hit the wall for sure...Nico looked a little tired at one point during his rookie year, but he fought through it and picked it back up.  Bratt in his rookie year, not so much...and he hit his wall right about the spot where he had played in as many games as he had for his previous team.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not sure why anyone would expect Hughes to have come into training camp noticeably more muscular than he was the day he was drafted. 

If anyone thought that, that was pretty stupid. The draft was t that long ago. 

What I don’t get is, these guys know they are going to be a top pick sometimes a year or two years in advance. Knowing they are going to go into the NHL, why don’t they start weight training like a year earlier to be “ready”? 

You can say whatever you like about their bodies not being mature or what have you, I don’t buy it. If you look at a picture of me when I was 18, I was totally jacked and I had no chance of even making a college team, let alone the NHL. 

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, mfitz804 said:

If anyone thought that, that was pretty stupid. The draft was t that long ago. 

What I don’t get is, these guys know they are going to be a top pick sometimes a year or two years in advance. Knowing they are going to go into the NHL, why don’t they start weight training like a year earlier to be “ready”? 

You can say whatever you like about their bodies not being mature or what have you, I don’t buy it. If you look at a picture of me when I was 18, I was totally jacked and I had no chance of even making a college team, let alone the NHL. 

Re:  the bolded...c'mon, not all 18-year-olds are created equal and you know that.  Sure, some 18-year-olds can grow full beards, be jacked as hell, etc.  And some others (like Hughes) look like they're 14, and in Hughes' case, that's almost being too kind. 

That being said, obviously as long as they're not being stupid and careless, and they're being supervised and guided responsibly, teenagers with more slight builds can still weight train...for all we know, Hughes may have already been doing that (low weight/high reps would be my guess), but isn't necessarily bulking up from it just yet. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Re:  the bolded...c'mon, not all 18-year-olds are created equal and you know that.  Sure, some 18-year-olds can grow full beards, be jacked as hell, etc.  And some others (like Hughes) look like they're 14, and in Hughes' case, that's almost being too kind. 

That being said, obviously as long as they're not being stupid and careless, and they're being supervised and guided responsibly, teenagers with more slight builds can still weight train...for all we know, Hughes may have already been doing that (low weight/high reps would be my guess), but isn't necessarily bulking up from it just yet. 

That's true I suppose. Growing a playoff beard might be the biggest struggle Hughes has all season, god willing. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That's true I suppose. Growing a playoff beard might be the biggest struggle Hughes has all season, god willing. 

Crosby still struggles with it. 

I could grow a fuller beard at 13 than that guy can ever hope to at 32...yikes...

I just googled a picture of Crosby at his draft, to compare how young he looked compared to how young Hughes looks. 

• Hughes definitely looks like he's 14 while Crosby could've passed for about 20
  • Crosby was a strange looking kid at 18
  • They gave him a jersey that could have fit a small village inside it. 

c336ba19f9c8ce1cfdfc4bd2274b54c1.png

cut.jpg

Not to mention that in the lower pic, it looks like Mario and Sid the Kid were out back in the middle of tokin' a great big fatty, and were suddenly called inside to take this pic...and now they're both trying to look like they're not really completely baked, but failing miserably...

• Haha 1