Trade: Ryan Murray from CBJ for a 5th Rd

jagknife

low bar we've set, low cap hit,cost a 5th round pick, 2nd best +/-, takes Mirco's spot.  On the negative probably does very little to make this team any better but yes he fills a sweater. To me it's more of the same.  Hoping for better moves to come. Not all bargain rack transactions yet not piss poor over spending on guys who are already trending downward, hey there......P

Edited by titans04

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

low bar we've set, low cap hit,cost a 5th round pick, 2nd best +/-, takes Mirco's spot.  On the negative probably does very little to make this team any better but yes he fills a sweater. To me it's more of the same.  Hoping for better moves to come.

Ffs man you gotta start somewhere. Cory is gone. Mueller is gone (probably). God forbid we be positive for 2 seconds though...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

hope you're right MD. More concerned about what he brings to the ice.

He’s average at best, but for a 5th rounder, it’s whatever. I just hope he stays healthy, that’s been Murray’s biggest problem throughout his career. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s average at best, but for a 5th rounder, it’s whatever. I just hope he stays healthy, that’s been Murray’s biggest problem throughout his career. 

An average dman sounds just fine to me. The less we have to see of the Connor Carrick’s and Mirco Mueller’s of the world the better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Ffs man you gotta start somewhere. Cory is gone. Mueller is gone (probably). God forbid we be positive for 2 seconds though...

sounds about right 2 seconds worthy, a tribute to wishing Cory well in whatever he chooses to do next, although all signs point to him still wanting to play elsewhere.

Erik Gudbranson (3OA 2010) went for a 5th as well...   guess it’s time to cut bait on dmen who failed to live up to their draft pedigree   (But he’s bounced around a lot already)

Edited by aylbert