Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well obviously he's still a kid. But he's on par stat wise as Josefson and Bergfors... who were 2 NHL busts... And on part with William Eklund who's eligible to get drafted this year.

I'd love to be impressed but so far i'm not entirely. I'm more impressed by what the play-by-play guys are saying than what he's actually doing lol

1947655421_ScreenShot2020-12-28at8_58_32PM.png.5279355e0e1578951717d9f2300a9f43.png

Quick reminder that Bergfors is 33 years old and Josefson is 29. Holtz is basically on par (or better) than guys who are grown men playing in a men's league, can't see how that's not "encouraging" or a negative.

Also, when looking at the «junior» category for SHL stats, Holtz is arguably the best player in his age group, since he only has one less point than Eklund in 2 less games mind you, and with almost 1 minute less of ice-time per game than Eklund. 

I totally understand finding concerns or holes when it's justified. I just don't see his stats as a negative or "not encouraging" right now. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 8.05.42 PM.png

EDIT: Oh and boom, a great assist here lol. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Quick reminder that Bergfors is 33 years old and Josefson is 29. Holtz is basically on par (or better) than guys who are grown men playing in a men's league, can't see how that's not "encouraging" or a negative.

Also, when looking at the «junior» category for SHL stats, Holtz is arguably the best player in his age group, since he only has one less point than Eklund in 2 less games mind you, and with almost 1 minute less of ice-time per game than Eklund. 

I totally understand finding concerns or holes when it's justified. I just don't see his stats as a negative or "not encouraging" right now. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 8.05.42 PM.png

EDIT: Oh and boom, a great assist here lol. 

i did say he was a kid And I absolutely didn't say he was a bust or anything. Just that i was not impressed yet

For me he's just in the "i guess we'll see" zone. I hear about all the potential and what he can do. I just have to see him actually do it before i get excited. Same thing with Hughes. 

After Larsson, Bergfors, Teddy, Josefson, Gelinas and all those guys we thought were going to be the next Lidsrom, Nieds, Stevens, Rafalski etc etc you learn to lower your expectations and be careful lol 

edit: and there he missed the net again. Open net too haha

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i did say he was a kid And I absolutely didn't say he was a bust or anything. Just that i was not impressed yet

For me he's just in the "i guess we'll see" zone. I hear about all the potential and what he can do. I just have to see him actually do it before i get excited. Same thing with Hughes. 

Fait enough, I get where you're coming from, although I didn't say you'd say he'd be a bust either, I didn't get that from your post at all.

Just pointing out that I don't see his stats as negative at all. In fact, I see them as positive since he is progressing from last season and is at the top of his age group in a professional/men's league.

Edited by Devs3cups

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Fait enough, I get where you're coming from, although I didn't say you'd say he'd be a bust either, I didn't get that from your message at all.

Just pointing out that I don't see his stats as negative at all. In fact, I see them as positive since he is progressing from last season and is at the top of his age group in a professional/men's league.

i don't see his stats as a negative either. I just don't particularly see them as a positive at the moment

24 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Well, one of them is Jacob Josefson...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Got sh!t on Twitter because it’s assumed he’ll wear 10 and Bahl will wear 88 but whatever. 

it’s worth the risk to get this guy 

CB39EFEC-A65D-4405-AFB4-74F88D8ACFEE.jpeg

13281931-9B3F-4B9D-8FDF-8FE229868A4F.jpeg

Wow, that's really cool! 

Sort of a Jersey noob, but I guess that if he ends up wearing 10, you can just get it changed right? 

16 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Wow, that's really cool! 

Sort of a Jersey noob, but I guess that if he ends up wearing 10, you can just get it changed right? 

You can, but the glue sometimes leaves marks. You’d probably see the outlines if you try to put 10 over 88.

Of course, there are solvents that can help with that and sometimes that works. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Does it actually look that dark in person? Almost looks black on my phone. 

it is dark but clearly green - it came out great.

42 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Wow, that's really cool! 

i could, but i won't. i knew what i was doing and was prepared for him to wear 10 or another number. as long as he's not tedenby, i'll be happy with it and even wink/nod to myself if he doesn't wear 88.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can, but the glue sometimes leaves marks. You’d probably see the outlines if you try to put 10 over 88.

Of course, there are solvents that can help with that and sometimes that works. 

its not heat pressed - it's pro-sewn by coolhockey.

the 88 won't look good if i change it. if i'm that miffed by it, i suppose i could change the nameplate but again, i won't.

the reverse retros were limited edition and they're all gone now and supposedly not making any more.

if holtz ends up wearing 10, and he's awesome, i'm sure I'll eventually get a 10 jersey with either home/away or whatever they change to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

its not heat pressed - it's pro-sewn by coolhockey.

the reverse retros were limited edition and they're all gone now and supposedly not making any more.

Jersey customization is a two step process. First they are glued/heat pressed, then they are sewn. There will definitely be adhesive under the numbers if it’s sewn. Even the pro jerseys on the ice have glue under the numbers. 

But, it does look like you’re right, the RRs are sold out on NHL.com. I would expect they would be available for purchase in the arena on the nights they are worn, but of course, that would require that fans also be allowed in the arena on the nights they are worn. 

If not, someone should be fired because they could’ve sold a sh!t ton more of those, and that’s pretty much what the whole RR promotion was about. 

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

Got sh!t on Twitter because it’s assumed he’ll wear 10 and Bahl will wear 88 but whatever. 

it’s worth the risk to get this guy 

CB39EFEC-A65D-4405-AFB4-74F88D8ACFEE.jpeg

13281931-9B3F-4B9D-8FDF-8FE229868A4F.jpeg

Would’ve been nice to know they plan on not making more of these, which is par for the course for this stupid league. Why do they do this stupid sh!t? Do they not like making money? I’m honestly fed up with the NHL when it comes to jerseys.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Little disappointing Holtz isn’t finding the back of the net, but his assist to Raymond was nice. Basically a tap in. 

it's funny cause from my surrounding being a Devils fan surrounded by Habs fans. Going into the world juniors, all i seem to be hearing was that Caufield and Holtz (both called elite goalscorers) would be lighting it up.

I'm more impressed by Holtz so far than Caufield though. Cole had 2 nice goals in the preliminary games but when it matters he's nowhere to be found. They scored 11 goals last game and he didn't even get a point. So much for an elite scorer.

He also only had 2 points last year in the WJ... HUGE drop of production since he lost Jack Hughes. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Would’ve been nice to know they plan on not making more of these, which is par for the course for this stupid league. Why do they do this stupid sh!t? Do they not like making money? I’m honestly fed up with the NHL when it comes to jerseys.

It makes no sense. I haven’t checked on the other teams, but these sold out in like 2 days. Maybe they should turn the machines back on...

• Like 1