Kyle Palmieri could be a good fit with Boston

Jerrydevil

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

A draft pick that won’t help us for at least five years. I’d rather keep him.

Yeah but he's not helping us now and we're not competing for a cup so should just replace him with a younger guy that could gain experience. And it's clear that by the time we're actually ready to compete in a few years... Palms won't be part of the solution or the team, that pick would be. So he's just a wasted asset patching a hole right now.

That pick could also be used as part of a package to bring in more immediate help too and that'd be quicker than 5 years

Edited by SterioDesign

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah but he's not helping us now and we're not competing for a cup so should just replace him with a younger guy that could gain experience. And it's clear that by the time we're actually ready to compete in a few years... Palms won't be part of the solution or the team, that pick would be. So he's just a wasted asset patching a hole right now.

That pick could also be used as part of a package to bring in more immediate help too and that'd be quicker than 5 years

Think that Nicomo, mfitz and MD2020 were talking extending and keeping Kulikov at that point (look at their posts)...don't think they were talking about Palms.

As far as Palms goes, you can potentially have both (trade him for a pick, then re-sign him for a year or two).  Don't know if Fitz goes in that direction (not like it's worked out with Vatanen), but if the market doesn't open up for Palms, it's certainly a possibility...and they may even have the option of trading him AGAIN for a future piece.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yes, we were talking about Kulikov. 

But, Dude is 30 years old, we aren’t Cup ready, not really even playoff ready. We bring him back for 3 years, he’s probably not even helping us. Any longer than that he’ll likely be in decline. 

Right now he’s good, he’s cheap, and might be very attractive to a Cup contender. 

I’m not saying I definitely want to get rid of him, I’m saying if I am Fitz (wait, what?), I would inquire and I wouldn’t be so fast to extend him. 

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Think that Nicomo, mfitz and MD2020 were talking extending and keeping Kulikov at that point (look at their posts)...don't think they were talking about Palms.

As far as Palms goes, you can potentially have both (trade him for a pick, then re-sign him for a year or two).  Don't know if Fitz goes in that direction (not like it's worked out with Vatanen), but if the market doesn't open up for Palms, it's certainly a possibility...and they may even have the option of trading him AGAIN for a future piece.  

oh ok my bad.

Well its the same argument for any of those vets, if you can get a good return that could help you down the line, you do it IMO

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I was talking about Kulikov lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Who are we replacing Subban with if we move him? Connor Carrick? Matt Tennyson?

Adam Larsson this off-season. It’s a perfect fit. A defense first RH defender who instantly solidifies the PK and toughest defensive responsibilities. If Edmonton does not re-sign him, he’s a must. 

On the right side we are working with: 
Severson (who is having his best year but not quite a guy out there you want vs other teams 1s)

Subban (who is awful in our own end)

Vatanen (awful in our own end; should be NOWHERE NEAR the penalty kill)

I feel so confident in Larsson on this team I think they’d certainly still be in the hunt. 

A combination of Smith, Kulikov, Bahl, Murray, Vukojevic etc on the left with Larsson, Severson, Subban, Walsh on the right would make me immensely more confident 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Adam Larsson this off-season. It’s a perfect fit. A defense first RH defender who instantly solidifies the PK and toughest defensive responsibilities. If Edmonton does not re-sign him, he’s a must. 

On the right side we are working with: 
Severson (who is having his best year but not quite a guy out there you want vs other teams 1s)

Subban (who is awful in our own end)

Vatanen (awful in our own end; should be NOWHERE NEAR the penalty kill)

I feel so confident in Larsson on this team I think they’d certainly still be in the hunt. 

A combination of Smith, Kulikov, Bahl, Murray, Vukojevic etc on the left with Larsson, Severson, Subban, Walsh on the right would make me immensely more confident 

I agree. Larsson would be a no-brainer fit. Would love to bring him back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's likely what he's going to be...a rental.  And actually part of what will make him appealing to some teams...they'll only be on the hook for this season, then they can say soyonara.  This is not uncommon at all. 

Present performance doesn't matter too much at the moment...there's still another month before the deadline.  He can still get hot...he is getting better chances, but isn't burying them.  His numbers also don't look that bad to outsiders who aren't scouting all of his games.

He's basically at a crossroads, as far as his value goes...he gets on a nice little run soon and his numbers suddenly look similar to what he's done in the prior five seasons, maybe you get something decent back (think 2nd rounder + something else...also depends who else is available and if a team beat up by injuries gets a little desperate).  If he doesn't, he'll still draw some interest based on his track record, but now you're looking at a mid-round pick or two (say, a 3rd and 5th), or a mid-round pick and a mediocre warm body.  Unless he gets hurt, Devils will be able to move him though.        

Your points are well made. With 34 games to go things could change that's why I stated "present performance" when making my points

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Perfect, maybe they won’t offer him a contract. 

Kind of helpful Oilers have cap issues, & likely have limit on what they offer. Devils on the other hand can be more generous with an offer? then again, other teams will have interest too.