My new project: NJ Devils Goalie Puck Collection

mfitz804

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Rock said:

back in the early 80's didn't bob hoffmeyer then an assistant coach suit up as an emergency goalie? I'm not sure if he did for the Devils or the minor league team at the time.

I don’t see anything saying he did it for the Devils. 

In any event, I messaged Adam Shapiro on Instagram to see if he would be willing to sign one. Why the fvck not??

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 4:22 PM, mfitz804 said:

Anyone have balls enough to try to call Chad Erickson on the phone? I found a telephone number but I'm too chickensh!t to call it. 

You know what you want; you know this game. Only you can make this call. What's the big deal? It's not like someone will come after you and kill you. Go for it. Take one for the team (you are the team). We are along for the ride. What do you think? I will make the call if you won't, but I will sound like a joke saying I am calling for a collector who is too afraid to call. 

9 hours ago, Brewskies said:

You know what you want; you know this game. Only you can make this call. What's the big deal? It's not like someone will come after you and kill you. Go for it. Take one for the team (you are the team). We are along for the ride. What do you think? I will make the call if you won't, but I will sound like a joke saying I am calling for a collector who is too afraid to call. 

You’re not wrong. I’ll have to try. I appreciate the encouragement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Some grade A motivational speaking right there. You can always hope it goes to voicemail and you can leave a message. 

I have to do something, I’m getting bored and there’s only a few left. I even added Kyle Shapiro to my list. He didn’t play, but he dressed, maybe that’s good enough.

that will open up the door to other guys who may have backed up but never played. Ari Ahonen is one. 

@mfitz804 if you don't want to use Chad Erickson's phone number a possible alternative could be to see if you can contact Minnesota Duluth's Alumni department and see if he is a member, and if so would they be willing to send something on for you? 

They wouldnt have to give you his address or anything so No GDPR issue. But it may be more wasted postage and pucks. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

19 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

@mfitz804 if you don't want to use Chad Erickson's phone number a possible alternative could be to see if you can contact Minnesota Duluth's Alumni department and see if he is a member, and if so would they be willing to send something on for you? 

They wouldnt have to give you his address or anything so No GDPR issue. But it may be more wasted postage and pucks. 

Not a bad idea, worth a try. I’ve already wasted quite a few dollars and pucks. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Nothing is ever wasted when you're having fun 💫

Very true. I expect I will up my efforts to find Kyle Shapiro once work gets a little easier overwhelming. So far he has not responded to my Instagram message (not has he posted since I sent it). 

• 4 weeks later...

Holy sh!tballs, anyone think that Chad Erickson would send me back a signed puck 7 months later?? I sure didn’t. He included a handwritten note apologizing for the delay, congratulating me on the collection, and wishing me luck in getting it completed. 

And then there were two. 

22E72793-ACA4-4DA9-873B-A1A6B544ACC3.jpeg

• Like 5

That's really friggin' awesome mfitz!  Happy as hell for ya man. 

So remind me...who's left?    

50 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's really friggin' awesome mfitz!  Happy as hell for ya man. 

So remind me...who's left?    

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hannu Kamppuri and Sam St. Laurent i believe

Those are the two.

I have someone at the Finnish Hockey Hall Of Fame trying to assist me with Kamppuri. St Laurent remains a complete phantom lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Have you gotten the current goalies Daws and Gillies? If not there's a season ticket holder team autograph event on March 29th that you could probably grab tickets from someone in one of the Facebook groups for. 

I appreciate the heads up, but I did find both of those guys on eBay. 

I am especially glad I grabbed the Daws, as I have not seen another yet. With current guys, its only a matter of time before they are "out there". 

Its only Sam St. Laurent and Hannu Kamppuri remaining (until the next one). I have someone from the Finnish HHOF helping me contact Hannu, hopefully that comes through. 

Sam St. Laurent, I picture him living in a remote shack with no phone, internet connection or electricity because he has been about that easy to find information on. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I appreciate the heads up, but I did find both of those guys on eBay. 

I am especially glad I grabbed the Daws, as I have not seen another yet. With current guys, its only a matter of time before they are "out there". 

Its only Sam St. Laurent and Hannu Kamppuri remaining (until the next one). I have someone from the Finnish HHOF helping me contact Hannu, hopefully that comes through. 

Sam St. Laurent, I picture him living in a remote shack with no phone, internet connection or electricity because he has been about that easy to find information on. 

Glad you went to the Finnish HHOF. Did you ever try the horse trainer that was on Facebook? 

On Sam St. Lauren have you ever reached out to Chico or players he may have played with to see if they know how to get hold of him? He was the Rangers goalie Coach till 2004. Can't imagine him not coming to the Devil's rink and Chico not bumping into him and having a chat.