NHL Trade Deadline 3/21: Thread-2022

Chimaira_Devil_#9

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So, say his injury will impact the rest of his season but should be good once he's fully healed for next season. Not being a playoffs team do you try to buy low on him? haha 

Imagine being Boston, you are actually targeting a player for a trade and you literally injure that player.

Edited by SterioDesign

27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I don’t think Arizona is going to sell low on him, nor should they. But I would love the Devils to be banging down that door.

Injuries are a concern with him, though. You can say “ohh they’re different types of injuries he’s just so unlucky” until you’re blue in the face, but I’ve done that enough with Nico where it feels like it’s time to just say “Nico Hischier is injury prone.” Chychrun is injury prone.

ah i know they wouldn't, not like they are in a rush, they are rebuilding. Just thrown that out there from out perspective if it's a risk we'd be willing to make.

Also well, i looked into your claim and i see what you're saying lol It's especially worrisome cause the knees has been the problem a few times and potentially this time too.

1977594193_ScreenShot2022-03-13at3_20_08PM.thumb.png.6ba6c4f3516d8d8b66d7d832411611e4.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If it’s only 2-4 weeks, I don’t think it should effect his market too much.

Yeah, his injury history is what's a bit more worrisome upon investigation. never played a full season and part of the reason he dropped in the draft (before the season he was in consideration for first overall among some scouts) was because of injuries too

The temptation to put your head in the sand about this when you see what he can do when healthy is very very strong but man...... I still would like to get him but i know it would be very risky

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah, his injury history is what's a bit more worrisome upon investigation. never played a full season and part of the reason he dropped in the draft (before the season he was in consideration for first overall among some scouts) was because of injuries too

The temptation to put your head in the sand about this when you see what he can do when healthy is very very strong but man...... I still would like to get him but i know it would be very risky

Would you give them Zacha to take the chance?

On 3/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, SterioDesign said:

Crouse / 24 / LW - RFA - Not interested in him a single bit.

48 hours later, he pots a hat trick 🤣

Absolutely not saying I disagree with your position of not being interested, but his performance tonight made me laugh.

48 minutes ago, jagknife said:

48 hours later, he pots a hat trick 🤣

Absolutely not saying I disagree with your position of not being interested, but his performance tonight made me laugh.

Well all it proves is that he reads this board and value my opinion OR took it personal. 

21 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I just read on some french blog that TSN brought up the MTL Zacha thing wondering if we'd maybe be interested in Petry to play behind Hamilton

Petry is 34 years old. I really don't see how that'd make sense for us

Perry is okay. I mean he has kind of come on in the past 4 seasons. He's been in the league a while. Knowing the Devils' luck he'll be traded to us and start declining. I'd be too worried that he has peaked 

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Perry is okay. I mean he has kind of come on in the past 4 seasons. He's been in the league a while. Knowing the Devils' luck he'll be traded to us and start declining. I'd be too worried that he has peaked 

he was really good last season but still.

We're not in a position to trade a young asset under 25 for a 34 years old guy signed until he's 37. Makes no sense

• Like 4