The Unintended GDT (1/19) Devils @ Kraken 10:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

Not gonna complain about offsetting penalties there, but I've always found it pretty incredible and borderline ridiculous that you can be penalized for a high stick when you are checked (or something else happens out of your control) and your stick happens to come up high on another player.  The whole "you have to be in control of your stick at all times" argument doesn't seem to apply.  If I was Souchy there, I would be like "yeah, I was in control until I got hit by the Devil player, which is what caused my stick to go up high". 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Not gonna complain about offsetting penalties there, but I've always found it pretty incredible and borderline ridiculous that you can be penalized for a high stick when you are checked (or something else happens out of your control) and your stick happens to come up high on another player.  The whole "you have to be in control of your stick at all times" argument doesn't seem to apply.  If I was Souchy there, I would be like "yeah, I was in control until I got hit by the Devil player, which is what caused my stick to go up high". 

Partially true, he had his stick held way up high before the hit, but Miles lifted it and that’s how it happened. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Partially true, he had his stick held way up high before the hit, but Miles lifted it and that’s how it happened. 

Yeah, I mean that might not have been the absolute best example, but you know what I mean.  If you're driving your car on the highway perfectly fine and in control and then someone slams you from behind causing you to hit the person in front of you, you're not at fault for the accident, the guy behind you is responsible for your car and the car in front of you that you ended up hitting as a result of him hitting you.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I mean that might not have been the absolute best example, but you know what I mean.  If you're driving your car on the highway perfectly fine and in control and then someone slams you from behind causing you to hit the person in front of you, you're not at fault for the accident, the guy behind you is responsible for your car and the car in front of you that you ended up hitting as a result of him hitting you.

But, if that scenario happens and you’d been drinking, you’re incidentally responsible because you were driving dangerously. 

You can’t have your stick up at someone’s waist lazily like that. 

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

But, if that scenario happens and you’d been drinking, you’re incidentally responsible because you were driving dangerously. 

You can’t have your stick up at someone’s waist lazily like that. 

That's why I said that particular play might not have been the best example ;)