GDT: Devils @ Penguins 2/18 5:30 PM

Nicomo

Just caught up with the game on the DVR. Feels good to see them get a nice comfortable win. Been a while. 

Also glad to see Nico and Mercer back to scoring. Nico in particular was fantastic (obviously - he had a 4 point game). He was noticeable every singe shift in this one. Held my breath when he crashed into the boards. Hopefully nothing pops up from that. 

And lastly, can someone please put Ruff in a home already? Scratching Siegenthaler was totally insane. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Just caught up with the game on the DVR. Feels good to see them get a nice comfortable win. Been a while. 

Also glad to see Nico and Mercer back to scoring. Nico in particular was fantastic (obviously - he had a 4 point game). He was noticeable every singe shift in this one. Held my breath when he crashed into the boards. Hopefully nothing pops up from that. 

And lastly, can someone please put Ruff in a home already? Scratching Siegenthaler was totally insane. 

Yeah sounds crazy to be done with a coach whose team has such a gaudy record, but it really feels like he’s just so completely wrong for this team.  And you are right, scratching Siegs made absolutely zero fvcking sense.  Fortunately the Devils (for the usual reasons…talent + VV) won the game.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mindcrime30 said:

https://moneypuck.com/goalies.htm
Among goalies with 15+ games played he is:

15th in Goals Saved Above Expected
23rd in GSAEx60
19th in Save Percentage Above Expected
23rd in Goals Against Average Better Than Expected
15th in Wins Above Replacement

He's been solid but I think our bar has been lowered after the past years of goaltending hell.

Those numbers surprise me, I thought they’d be better.