GDT: NJ @ panthers. 6pm

pumpkin cutter

Listen, as bad as they played tonight they still likely win it if not for the ridiculously brain-dead Damon Severson.

How many crucial third period penalties does this guy get to take before Lindy stops playing him in the 3rd?? I mean the penalty he took today was just fvcking dumb and lazy. No damn reason for it.

Still wondering where Lindy’s timeout went with the goalie pulled and how this powerplay looks so bad. Also, if Jack is hurt he should sit out and get healthy. 

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I was supposed to be in Florida for that sh!t, glad I didn’t go, ruined my fvcking birthday.  What is with this fvcking franchise already?  Don’t see teams like Carolina or Boston blow sh!t like this, teams like Carolina fvcking find a way to tie a game with less than a second to go.  Keep lindy in Sunrise permanently.

Are the Devils in the same point in their window as those teams?  

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

I was supposed to be in Florida for that sh!t, glad I didn’t go, ruined my fvcking birthday.  What is with this fvcking franchise already?  Don’t see teams like Carolina or Boston blow sh!t like this, teams like Carolina fvcking find a way to tie a game with less than a second to go.  Keep lindy in Sunrise permanently.

This franchise is one that is ahead of schedule and blew a bad game tonight due to piss poor coaching.

Go have an Irish Carbomb and forget that this team "completely ruined" yet another night of yours.

Boston also has lost to Arizona consistently, Carolina has lost bad games.

I will 100% agree with Lindy staying in Florida though, that is your only valid point in this post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

Posts like this just highlight your ignorance. Not only do teams like Boston and Carolina lose games exactly like this, but the Devils literally just tied their last game up with the extra attacker. And then only lost in the gimmick. 

There’s being frustrated (understandable), and then there’s what you do. 

• Like 2

Just now, devlman said:

Listen, as bad as they played tonight they still likely win it if not for the ridiculously brain-dead Damon Severson.

How many crucial third period penalties does this guy get to take before Lindy stops playing him in the 3rd?? I mean the penalty he took today was just fvcking dumb and lazy. No damn reason for it.

Still wondering where Lindy’s timeout went with the goalie pulled and how this powerplay looks so bad. Also, if Jack is hurt he should sit out and get healthy. 

Yeah still some losers to purge.  Like Damon.

• Like 1

Just now, slasher72 said:

I've had it with Ruff. Time for change after this season ends. And yes, Severson better not be on this team next year.

Seves won’t be here.  

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Lindy Ruff will never bench Damon Severson again, he loves him, he's like a grandson to him. Both of them are morons.

Lindy also doesn't know what a timeout is, he accidentally called one against Tampa, he tried to clap his hands, but his geriatric-ness left his one hand low and the other inadvertently high, making the T symbol and the ref accidentally granted it. He probably thinks they carry over to the next game, a la Tom Coughlin.

20 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

Not being a doom and gloomer this season has been a wonderful ride but this is a terrible loss. 

Yeah this one was brutal.  A reminder that the Devils are still figuring some things out.  It wasn’t ALL going to happen in Year 1.

Just now, jagknife said:

Lindy Ruff will never bench Damon Severson again, he loves him, he's like a grandson to him. Both of them are morons.

Lindy also doesn't know what a timeout is, he accidentally called one against Tampa, he tried to clap his hands, but his geriatric-ness left his one hand low and the other inadvertently high, making the T symbol and the ref accidentally granted it. He probably thinks they carry over to the next game, a la Tom Coughlin.

It was perplexing seeing Severson continue to be thrown out there in the third. His mishandling the puck with the goalie pulled while facing absolutely no pressure was sickening. He belongs on the Blackhawks. He’s a rebuild superstar. Never a winner. He can fvck right outta here this summer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Also, if Jack is hurt he should sit out and get healthy. 

It might be a case where whatever it is won’t get truly healthy until the offseason. I don’t think it’s time to talk about sitting him. He hasn’t even played bad. He’s just not scoring. He’s still stealing the puck a lot, getting shots, making nice passes, etc. And his skating looks totally fine, which reinforces that it’s upper body (wrist or shoulder). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah this one was brutal.  A reminder that the Devils are still figuring some things out.  It wasn’t ALL going to happen in Year 1.

It’s just a damn shame because blowing this lead likely costs us the division. Stars aligned w Svechnikov out, too. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

It might be a case where whatever it is won’t get truly healthy until the offseason. I don’t think it’s time to talk about sitting him. He hasn’t even played bad. He’s just not scoring. He’s still stealing the puck a lot, getting shots, making nice passes, etc. And his skating looks totally fine, which reinforces that it’s upper body (wrist or shoulder). 

Yeah an 80% Jack is still one of the best players in the league. He did not look good tonight, however coincidental or not that may be to his injury.

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Tomorrow is going to be another ruff one

If Vanecek is in goal I smell a blowout loss. I'd keep Schmid in there. He is our legit starter. 

As for free agents, I'd like them to sign Ross Colton in the offseason. He loves the Devils and would be a solid addition. 

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

It’s just a damn shame because blowing this lead likely costs us the division. Stars aligned w Svechnikov out, too. 

Carolina’s fighting it some too, so still think there’s a chance.  But yeah took a big hit with this loss.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Severson, Blackwood, Wood. 

I think all are toast.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

I honestly think fitz tries to keep 2 of 3, thats what is kinda scary to me...

There are aspects hes awesome at, but plenty where we wonder what the hell the voices in his head say...

I don’t see it. We have Vanecek and Schmid in goal, so there’s no place for Blackwood. 

And with the addition of Luke and Nemec (plus Dougie) there’s absolutely no reason to keep Severson. Those 3 should be able to provide plenty of offense, and QB the PP.